Invisible projectile hate

I'm amazed by how inexperienced and ignorant people can get with this. How does using a projectile on a projectile denial skill tell you when it ends?If you can't see it you can't, and if it's not designed to be invisible it shouldn't be. Simple as that.

@Ryo.5824 said:I'm amazed by how inexperienced and ignorant people can get with this. How does using a projectile on a projectile denial skill tell you when it ends?If you can't see it you can't, and if it's not designed to be invisible it shouldn't be. Simple as that.

It kind of is designed to be invisible though. That's why it has such a tell-tale sound. It hisses at you when you fuck up. You can see the ring, you can see the smoke if the video wasn't at 720p.

@Caine.8543 said:It kind of is designed to be invisible though. That's why it has such a tell-tale sound. It hisses at you when you kitten up. You can see the ring, you can see the smoke if the video wasn't at 720p.

Hey, welcome to the thread Mr. Necro :) The video can be played at 1080p.

@Ryo.5824 said:How does using a projectile on a projectile denial skill tell you when it ends?

If the skill would do hit normally, but doesn't, it implies there's something blocking it. You can also see the projectiles get eaten by an invisible wall.

@Caine.8543 said:

@Ryo.5824 said:I'm amazed by how inexperienced and ignorant people can get with this. How does using a projectile on a projectile denial skill tell you when it ends?If you can't see it you can't, and if it's not designed to be invisible it shouldn't be. Simple as that.

It kind of is designed to be invisible though. That's why it has such a tell-tale sound. It hisses at you when you kitten up. You can see the ring, you can see the smoke if the video wasn't at 720p.

Makes more sense if the initial design was to make this move invisible. But then, invisible projectile denial move... Really?

@bethekey.8314 said:

@Caine.8543 said:It kind of is designed to be invisible though. That's why it has such a tell-tale sound. It hisses at you when you kitten up. You can see the ring, you can see the smoke if the video wasn't at 720p.

Hey, welcome to the thread Mr. Necro :) The video can be played at 1080p.

@Ryo.5824 said:How does using a projectile on a projectile denial skill tell you when it ends?

If the skill would do hit normally, but doesn't, it implies there's something blocking it. You can also see the projectiles get eaten by an invisible wall.

yeah you can see a green tint, but i feel like maybe its settings. i see it a lot better on my screen

@Caine.8543 said:yeah you can see a green tint, but i feel like maybe its settings. i see it a lot better on my screen

Upping settings might help, but realize that also increases visual clutter of other skills too. I play on Medium.

Also, make sure that the green tint isn't from my poison grenades. They're the only thing that gets through in the clip and leave a green mark on the ground.

If the necro is using cpc then he is not taking another breakstun or skills that help him move faster than a rock. Also no one ever takes the cd reduction trait because it is paired with pve effects and the loss of terror or path of corruption really kittens their damage output. In short, use non projectile skills when he uses cpc because it is not a problem. Although i agree cpc should get animation revamp.

@XECOR.2814 said:If the necro is using cpc then he is not taking another breakstun or skills that help him move faster than a rock. Also no one ever takes the cd reduction trait because it is paired with pve effects and the loss of terror or path of corruption really kittens their damage output. In short, use non projectile skills when he uses cpc because it is not a problem. Although i agree cpc should get animation revamp.

the skill i replace is the fear circle. and i do take the cooldown reduction. I run consume conditions, cpc, and plague. its a wonderful build. i run the wurm and spectral walk still, and i heal by like 7000-12,000 every 20 seconds depending on how many conditions i have on myself. My damage output is pretty good, not as bursty but i take much less damage so it doesn't have to be, and i heal much faster too. I've been using this build to rush and shove people off of node, and then either decide to finish the fight and kill them, or teleport out after i get the decap and join the mid fight. drop a plague and CPC on a downed body, and you're almost guaranteed a rez completely on your own x.x

its just much better at 1v1 than the standard terrormancer build, and the projectile block is big value when everyone is running power heavy classes (cpc applies weakness) or projectiles (ranger, condi thief). i solo'd to top 50 with it, so it's not terrible.

@"bethekey.8314" It looks like you have "Effect LOD — Limit detail of particle effects" enabled which makes everything appear as red circles which would explain why it is invisible.

Generally increasing settings a little helps to see things at the cost of FPS, if you're on Windows 10 you can try using the DX12 pluginto get more FPS and a more stable FPS linked here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ex7k6n/d912pxy_dx12_for_gw2_now_v20/

@Tayga.3192 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Because there are far more egregious projectile hate skills with higher uptime and some are even reflects. Necro has one AoE projectile block, it's not an issue.

Please read before answering.

I don't care about its duration, cooldown or radius. I just want to see the skill so I can stop using my projectiles.

Pay attention to if your projectiles hit before dumping your entire kit of them. If they vanish, you know CPC is up. Try tossing non projectile based AoE. L2p issue.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Pay attention to if your projectiles hit before dumping your entire kit of them. If they vanish, you know CPC is up. Try tossing non projectile based AoE. L2p issue.

Scenario:Longbow ranger starts casting PBSEle uses Swirling WindsRanger cancels the skill

Scenario:Ranger starts casting PBSNecro uses CPCRanger didn't notice CPC in time because it's hard to see, rip PBS for no reason

ps: I never had any problem with cpc lol

@bethekey.8314 said:

@Tayga.3192 said:I don't get why people defend this for no reason.

The skill is obviously very hard to see. Make it less transparent and the problem will be solved.

Because there are far more egregious projectile hate skills with higher uptime and some are even reflects. Necro has one AoE projectile block, it's not an issue.

Please link/show/explain the
far more egregious
projectile hate, I'm interested.

It doesn't negate the fact that this necro skill should be re-animated and tuned down, but I'm still interested.

Guardian can do more projectile hate uptime with Wall of Reflection and Tome of Courage than necro could hope to, and Wall of Reflect can be traited for 50% uptime. Revenants have a mobile projectile block with Ventari that can be up for ages. CpC is fine, listen for the hiss and try using non projectile based AoE. L2p issue.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Pay attention to if your projectiles hit before dumping your entire kit of them. If they vanish, you know CPC is up. Try tossing non projectile based AoE. L2p issue.

Scenario:Longbow ranger starts casting PBSEle uses Swirling WindsRanger cancels the skill

Scenario:Ranger starts casting PBSNecro uses CPCRanger didn't notice CPC in time because it's hard to see, rip PBS for no reason

ps: I never had any problem with cpc lol

Yeah no. Not only can no one react to PBS fast enough to get a cast of Swirling Winds off in an actual fight, but even IF they did cast it by chance, the ranger wouldn't be able to cancel it fast enough. Both of those skills are .5 second casts, latency alone would completely negate any ability to react to those skills beyond dodging the PBS.

CpC is the same cast time, same thing applies.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Yeah no. Not only can no one react to PBS fast enough to get a cast of Swirling Winds off in an actual fight, but even IF they did cast it by chance, the ranger wouldn't be able to cancel it fast enough. Both of those skills are .5 second casts, latency alone would completely negate any ability to react to those skills beyond dodging the PBS.

PBS and winds are just examples. Feedback or mesmer dodge are instant cast reflects but they still have animations.

I don't get it, I'm not asking for nerfs to the skill I just want it to be more noticable. They did the same with a lot of skills, even Wall of Reflection or Winds of Disenchantment noticably changes colors.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Yeah no. Not only can no one react to PBS fast enough to get a cast of Swirling Winds off in an actual fight, but even IF they did cast it by chance, the ranger wouldn't be able to cancel it fast enough. Both of those skills are .5 second casts, latency alone would completely negate any ability to react to those skills beyond dodging the PBS.

PBS and winds are just examples. Feedback or mesmer dodge are instant cast reflects but they still have animations.

I don't get it, I'm not asking for nerfs to the skill I just want it to be more noticable. They did the same with a lot of skills, even Wall of Reflection or Winds of Disenchantment noticably changes colors.

They changed those so you know if they're friendly or not, which was a pretty big oversight to begin with. CpC has a pretty distinct sound that gives it away rather than a giant animation, which is fair imo.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:They changed those so you know if they're friendly or not, which was a pretty big oversight to begin with. CpC has a pretty distinct sound that gives it away rather than a giant animation, which is fair imo.

Sound effects sometimes don't play because of engine limitations, just saying

Sometimes animation effects get perma locked too, making it next to impossible to know when they're actually active. That's just Anet being Anet.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"CutesySylveon.8290" said:They changed those so you know if they're friendly or not, which was a pretty big oversight to begin with. CpC has a pretty distinct sound that gives it away rather than a giant animation, which is fair imo.

Sound effects sometimes don't play because of engine limitations, just saying

such a weird way to call for a skill to be nerfed. "the devs fucked up coding the audio in this game so nerf this ability because sometimes the sound doesn't play"

but also ive never really had an issue during-game about my sound not working

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:CpC has a pretty distinct sound that gives it away rather than a giant animation, which is fair imo.

Didn't know about that. I'll check that out.

At any rate, if a necro is pressed into using CpC instead of a stunbreak or damage soaking ability they had a very specific playstyle in mind that they wanted to counter. Getting countered by it because you play that playstyle doesn't justify nerfing the skill. It just means that if you want to deal with necro and they're in CpC, you're going to need to equip something to specifically deal with that.

On Engie, I bet mag pull works wonderfully. It's up faster than cloud. every time they use it you should have a yoink on deck to pull them out of it.

If its not visible, make it visible though. Important information needs to be highly visible unless the absence of it is itself the telegraph.