I just saw a new revolutionary zerg busting tactic

@"shiri.4257" said:i don't think ajamming is revolutionary. we used to call them gvg guilds. You know, when they make wvw montages and block out the minimap so you can't see the other 3 tags they are nut hugging vs the 1 pugmander trying to save the realm.

Those are my favorite videos. "OK guys, here is my 10 man group totally wiping and crushing X server (who sucks)" "They had 5 times our numbers and we just rolled them". You watch the video and it's a 10 man group fighting alongside a 30-50 man blob fighting 25 randoms who were trying hard to defend when they knew had no chance.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:It was a group of around 10.They used mostly Immob Rangers + Burn Guards.

They hid among their own mega blob first.And when both sides started to engaged, they went group invis and attacked the enemy blob's rear.Rangers dropped their immobs and Guards dropped their burning swords.It was so effective at trapping large groups of pugs on a mega blob's tail.And they repeatedly did it chunking down a mega blob section by section.

Very impressed.I didn't see the guild tag clearly because of all the lag/blobs but I think it might have been Eins or Brrr.

I am not impressed: Entangle has a CD of 60s(45s traited). That's too long to be able to be effective even in the case those targets do have any cleanse left.Even using Druid with LB#5 + Lunar impact (for ancient seeds) is not very effective in a world were Scourges/Tempests clean conditions by the hundreds.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@shiri.4257 said:i don't think ajamming is revolutionary. we used to call them gvg guilds. You know, when they make wvw montages and block out the minimap so you can't see the other 3 tags they are nut hugging vs the 1 pugmander trying to save the realm.

someone is salty lolwai so med it only gaem

au contraire my friend! amused not salty! was someone part of one of these ded guilds? or failed to lead one and now left to tag along and reminisce about a non existing game mode in a ded game? =p

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:It was a group of around 10.They used mostly Immob Rangers + Burn Guards.

They hid among their own mega blob first.And when both sides started to engaged, they went group invis and attacked the enemy blob's rear.Rangers dropped their immobs and Guards dropped their burning swords.It was so effective at trapping large groups of pugs on a mega blob's tail.And they repeatedly did it chunking down a mega blob section by section.

Very impressed.I didn't see the guild tag clearly because of all the lag/blobs but I think it might have been Eins or Brrr.

I am not impressed: Entangle has a CD of 60s(45s traited). That's too long to be able to be effective even in the case those targets do have any cleanse left.Even using Druid with LB#5 + Lunar impact (for ancient seeds) is not very effective in a world were Scourges/Tempests clean conditions by the hundreds.

45s traited is very short cd for a skill thats basicly a fight winner. The very point of a focus party is to
not
engage the frontline. The stragglers in the rear wont have anywhere near the support to clean condis "by the hundreds". All you have to do is lock people down a few seconds and they're far from support, especially if the commander in that zerg is a "fight commander" that totally ignore whats happening up his ass.

Hell, I can catch zerg backliners and burn them down on my vanilla condi engineer. Like, literally the worst when it comes to overloading condi. Well maybe core condi warrior is a little worse, but still.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:It was a group of around 10.They used mostly Immob Rangers + Burn Guards.

Prelude Lash. Muddy Terrain. Entangling Roots. You can drop immob bombs repeatedly. You can make a blender with a couple of Prelude Lash + Whirling Defense Soulbeasts.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Wait, wait, wait...

Are you saying a focus party coordinating flanking attacks with the main zerg can actually do damage?

Who knew?!?!

Only every roamer ever while the commander yells stack on tag so they arent allowed to.

We used to do this a lot, back when enough guildmates actually cared about WvW for me to assemble a 5 to 10 man Havoc.

Now not enough log in anymore. They largely got tired of being lied to about Alliances.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:It was a group of around 10.They used mostly Immob Rangers + Burn Guards.

45s traited is very short cd for a skill thats basicly a fight winner. The very point of a focus party is to
not
engage the frontline. The stragglers in the rear wont have anywhere near the support to clean condis "by the hundreds". All you have to do is lock people down a few seconds and they're far from support, especially if the commander in that zerg is a "fight commander" that totally ignore whats happening up his kitten.

Hell, I can catch zerg backliners and burn them down on my vanilla condi engineer. Like, literally
the worst
when it comes to overloading condi. Well maybe core condi warrior is a little worse, but still.

45s? that's so long, it is basically useless outside of cheese, gimmicks and heavily edited videos...

in all seriousness: jumping at the back line while two zergs clash as a coordinated guild group isa) easyandb) a dick move

@enkidu.5937 said:

@"HAsAsIN.6724" said:looks like something similar from one type here..

^^ love the amoeba deflection :3

Sadly, ppl always want to tail the dragon these days, and thus cause a yolo clash of herds of sheep instead.

maybe there are more tips other than that. just scour the archives..

anyway, Sacrx.6721 of Red Guard and the first ever Ultimate Dominator in both of the server combined even commented on that thread, but not that srs. But it's notable coz Red Guard of EU server was the most epic then and top NA guilds back then was not even in their level, imho. They even transferred server at times to challenge and GvG the top NA guilds.

and just youtube their videos (i hope there's still some) and listen how he commanded, lelz.

@Junkpile.7439 said:Why they hide in mega blob and don't just kill enemy mega blob alone? I am so fed up guilds nowadays. They don't really do anything else than ruin blob fights. Even one guild party inside blob give stupid advantage against randoms.I would be happy to have a true WvW guild that participates in zerg fights and fights for objectives. Thats a rare happening.

Usually, useless non-WvW guilds block map space, doing their Meta lag scrims at spawn, so you cant even have a full squad at that map.

@HAsAsIN.6724 said:

@HAsAsIN.6724 said:looks like something similar from one type here..

Sadly, ppl always want to tail the dragon these days, and thus cause a yolo clash of herds of sheep instead.

anyway, Sacrx.6721 of Red Guard and the first ever Ultimate Dominator in both of the server combined even commented on that thread, but not that srs. But it's notable coz Red Guard of EU server was the most epic then and top NA guilds back then was not even in their level, imho. They even transferred server at times to challenge and GvG the top NA guilds.

and just youtube their videos (i hope there's still some) and listen how he commanded, lelz.

They got polished up on tactics in beta and dominated before most people even finished leveling and gearing. They've been gone for 20x as long as they played... It's long since time to stop idolizing sacrx, he's using the same tactic right now to grab an early lead in Camelot Unchained but this time it's backfired lol.Tl;dr: sacrx is king of a game that will never launch.

@Junkpile.7439 said:Why they hide in mega blob and don't just kill enemy mega blob alone? I am so fed up guilds nowadays. They don't really do anything else than ruin blob fights. Even one guild party inside blob give stupid advantage against randoms.

what the hell lol. tried zergbusting a map q lately with 20 or less? yeah you don't know what you're talking about.

@LetoII.3782 said:

They got polished up on tactics in beta and dominated before most people even finished leveling and gearing. They've been gone for 20x as long as they played... It's long since time to stop idolizing sacrx, he's using the same tactic right now to grab an early lead in Camelot Unchained but this time it's backfired lol.Tl;dr: sacrx is king of a game that will never launch.

compared to the most Ultimate Dominators now who got the title by going to Obsidian Sanctum, tagging hits vs the other server's blob and that blob mass suicided by jumping from high ground repeatedly and which that they obviously paid, Sacrx.6721 got his title legitly.

and y so bitter when i just stated the facts. you doing that is like you saying that the pioneers of the internet don't matter now.

lelz.

@HAsAsIN.6724 said:

compared to the most Ultimate Dominators now who got the title by going to Obsidian Sanctum, tagging hits vs the other server's blob and that blob mass suicided by jumping from high ground repeatedly and which that they obviously paid, Sacrx.6721 got his title legitly.

and y so bitter when i just stated the facts. you doing that is like you saying that the pioneers of the internet don't matter now.

lelz.

Having Ultimate Dominator is a mathematical eventuality.I downplay his method of playing games because it's idiotic. Red Guard played the game A LOT before it launched. When it was buggy, when it was terribly balanced, when it wasn't ready for consumption... Just to get a head start. So they got to be veterans in a land filled with newbies and impressed people like you. But they were also bored and quit before the game had been live for a year and basically missed everything.And for what? So the uninformed can toot their horns in a game they will never see again because they're off to get gud at the next half-made game.

@LetoII.3782 said:

On point^ In the bigger scheme of things, RG wasn't able to adapt or evolve pass impressing newbies that finally got past the character creation screen.

@LetoII.3782 said:

lelz.

Having Ultimate Dominator is a mathematical eventuality.I downplay his method of playing games because it's idiotic. Red Guard played the game A LOT before it launched. When it was buggy, when it was terribly balanced, when it wasn't ready for consumption... Just to get a head start. So they got to be veterans in a land filled with newbies and impressed people like you. But they were also bored and quit before the game had been live for a year and basically missed
everything
.And for what? So the uninformed can toot their horns in a game they will never see again because they're off to get gud at the next half-made game.

yeah i give you that. Red Guard quit 'prematurely'. But it's not undeniable when they were in the field, they were the best and thinking otherwise, again, is sign of bitterness.

they are not in the game anymore and you're still bitter? why?

lelz.

Having Ultimate Dominator is a mathematical eventuality.I downplay his method of playing games because it's idiotic. Red Guard played the game A LOT before it launched. When it was buggy, when it was terribly balanced, when it wasn't ready for consumption... Just to get a head start. So they got to be veterans in a land filled with newbies and impressed people like you. But they were also bored and quit before the game had been live for a year and basically missed
everything
.And for what? So the uninformed can toot their horns in a game they will never see again because they're off to get gud at the next half-made game.

yeah i give you that. Red Guard quit prematurely. But it's not undeniable when they were in the field, they were the best and thinking otherwise, again, is sign of bitterness.

Bitter is your word.

They won some early gvg's. They had a massive head start. They quit before the general population caught up.

Those are three facts I throw out as a public service when I see them brought up because there's still lots of players that treat them like legends. It's been seven years since they played, enough already. They'd be the noobs if they came back now.

lelz.

everything

yeah i give you that. Red Guard quit prematurely. But it's not undeniable when they were in the field, they were the best and thinking otherwise, again, is sign of bitterness.

Bitter is your word.

They won some early gvg's. They had a massive head start. They quit before the general population caught up.

Those are three facts I throw out as a public service when I see them brought up because there's still lots of players that treat them like legends. It's been seven years since they played, enough already. They'd be the noobs if they came back now.Speaking of busting tactics, we started using clouding to beat them, or at the very least annoy them. Dont think they liked that any more than current guilds, lol. As soon as you get some some decent clouders that knows how enemy guilds behaves (ie train straight forward trying to hit the largest concentrated group), you can start slowly picking them apart. Back then the guild raids didnt even have anywhere near the single target roflstomp damage of later raids (no hammer revs, so many just running 11111 AoE staff guard), not to mention less ranged CC.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Lol, I've noticed a lot of folk that jump on a new game, play the beta, and then dominate noobs for 4 months. Then once people actually l2p, they say ded game and repeat the process with a new game when in fact everyone sucked.

Kinda like a lot of forum posts here. "I'm a veteran that started playing since release (but I never learned to dodge roll)"