"Build diversity"

Bast.7253

Hasn't really been my experience for most of this season.

I saw a lot of Necros when I tanked myself all the way down to plat 1 early in the season. But for most of it it has been mostly Revs that I've seen doubles of on both teams, Rangers and Holos pre-nerf were common doubles too.

@Aktium.9506 said:Hasn't really been my experience for most of this season.

I saw a lot of Necros when I tanked myself all the way down to plat 1 early in the season. But for most of it it has been mostly Revs that I've seen doubles of on both teams, Rangers and Holos pre-nerf were common doubles too.

I'm not talking about specific tiers. The vast majority won't make it to plat, and if they do they won't make it high. I'm talking about ranked and lower game modes.

I mean, of course it seems they only care about balancing for the elite, but that alienates the larger portion of the player base.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Every match, even in unranked, has 3-4+ necros.this is great and you happy and pound ? or what?people play and choose that class that thay want. this is ok, that some classes is stronger at beginner skill level. So to win whit non meta you need play 5x better. And this is great and nice challenge.

@XECOR.2814 said:Many people like playing necro because it is easier to play than other classes.

No it is not. There are much easier and safer builds to play. However, in lower levels core necro is very good. It is good all over as well, but since last nerfs it is no longer OP.

In any case, we have no build diversity.

@lare.5129 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Every match, even in unranked, has 3-4+ necros.this is great and you happy and pound ? or what?people play and choose that class that thay want. this is ok, that some classes is stronger at beginner skill level. So to win whit non meta you need play 5x better. And this is great and nice challenge.

I guess that's the real question though. Do they REALLY enjoy playing it? Or are they just playing it because of the state that it's in. I'd wager most are just playing it because they see it as an easy win.

I don't know how the mini-season will look, but last season it was pretty much just necros every match.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I don't know how the mini-season will look, but last season it was pretty much just necros every match.if people think what necro is fine - why we should disturb them play with that choose? Let them get pleasure.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Every match, even in unranked, has 3-4+ necros.

I play necro because I have 4k necro games and I've been waiting for the day when I could play it again. I love myself some necromancer. Played core terrormancer back in the day. But hey buddy, do me a favor and stop getting salty and cussing me out just because I'm a necromancer. kthx. oh, and trash talking me while you have me blocked, and changing your characters 8 times only to realize you cant kill me yourself, so then u just wait outside the FFA arena until i'm fighting and you will gank me for hours.... and still often lose anyway x.x

it's like a daily thing with u dude. pls stop

@otto.5684 said:

@"XECOR.2814" said:Many people like playing necro because it is easier to play than other classes.

No it is not. There are much easier and safer builds to play. However, in lower levels core necro is very good. It is good all over as well, but since last nerfs it is no longer OP.

In any case, we have no build diversity.

what other builds are easier to play then necro? all you have to do to be effective is spam abilities off cooldown nonstop, and dont run in 1vX. No combos required, and one of the biggest "skillfull" things on necro is corrupting the right boons from 1 corrupt that you have, the rest is mindless spam and kiting.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:what other builds are easier to play then necro? all you have to do to be effective is spam abilities off cooldown nonstop, and dont run in 1vX. No combos required, and one of the biggest "skillfull" things on necro is corrupting the right boons from 1 corrupt that you have, the rest is mindless spam and kiting.

:/ a lot of the time i'm attempting to pull the 1v2 or more... i push far immediately. i think a lot of people that play necro have no idea how to actually play it. they just smash buttons and hope they reach plat. but there's right and wrong ways to play it, there are nuances to it that raise the skill cap. things like positioning and when to teleport and which order to use your staff skills in, depending on who you are fighting... you cant just mash otherwise you'll miss half of your slow ass skills. you have to wait for a dodge, and then fear for example...

@Caine.8543 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:what other builds are easier to play then necro? all you have to do to be effective is spam abilities off cooldown nonstop, and dont run in 1vX. No combos required, and one of the biggest "skillfull" things on necro is corrupting the right boons from 1 corrupt that you have, the rest is mindless spam and kiting.

:/ a lot of the time i'm attempting to pull the 1v2 or more... i push far immediately. i think a lot of people that play necro have no idea how to actually play it. they just smash buttons and hope they reach plat. but there's right and wrong ways to play it, there are nuances to it that raise the skill cap. things like positioning and when to teleport and which order to use your staff skills in, depending on who you are fighting... you cant just mash otherwise you'll miss half of your slow kitten skills. you have to wait for a dodge, and then fear for example...

you misunderstand what NECRO skill is with general skill.Every class needs to understand when to go in or not, how to kite or not and who to focus or not. Necro lacks mechanics that are needed to show skill with the class.The closest thing to necro skill ( and not general game skill ) necro has is1 fitting the build to the enemy2 finding ways to land skills with no way for enemy to fight back ( this is propably the biggest one ) -> like landing marks from out of range, cripple aoe while kiting around the pillars, or shroud draining through the walls.

@Caine.8543 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Every match, even in unranked, has 3-4+ necros.

I play necro because I have 4k necro games and I've been waiting for the day when I could play it again. I love myself some necromancer. Played core terrormancer back in the day. But hey buddy, do me a favor and stop getting salty and cussing me out just because I'm a necromancer. kthx. oh, and trash talking me while you have me blocked, and changing your characters 8 times only to realize you cant kill me yourself, so then u just wait outside the FFA arena until i'm fighting and you will gank me for hours.... and still often lose anyway x.x

it's like a daily thing with u dude. pls stop

I mean, I did kill you on my thief and core mes completely fair and square. And you whispered me first a long time ago because I ganked you in a free for all arena. ? But you keep believing whatever you need to, buddy.

I’m not the one trying to start off topic arguments in an online forum.

There’s definitely some salt, but it ain’t here!

And you’re right about necro being more than spam, but unfortunately in unranked and low tier matches with everyone playing it, it’s a coin toss as to whether or not you get the ones that do. Either way, even if they themselves aren’t good they still have chain fear, aoe conditions, reveal, and multiple health pools that can outbalance a team fight with minimal effort.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Every match, even in unranked, has 3-4+ necros.That seems to be a community issue at lower tiers.

People prefer to have low impact but live long (if not hardfocused) over being effective at some risk.

But at least you can get out of this mess if you climb the ladder.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:what other builds are easier to play then necro? all you have to do to be effective is spam abilities off cooldown nonstop, and dont run in 1vX. No combos required, and one of the biggest "skillfull" things on necro is corrupting the right boons from 1 corrupt that you have, the rest is mindless spam and kiting.

:/ a lot of the time i'm attempting to pull the 1v2 or more... i push far immediately. i think a lot of people that play necro have no idea how to actually play it. they just smash buttons and hope they reach plat. but there's right and wrong ways to play it, there are nuances to it that raise the skill cap. things like positioning and when to teleport and which order to use your staff skills in, depending on who you are fighting... you cant just mash otherwise you'll miss half of your slow kitten skills. you have to wait for a dodge, and then fear for example...

you misunderstand what NECRO skill is with general skill.Every class needs to understand when to go in or not, how to kite or not and who to focus or not. Necro lacks mechanics that are needed to show skill with the class.The closest thing to necro skill ( and not general game skill ) necro has is1 fitting the build to the enemy2 finding ways to land skills with no way for enemy to fight back ( this is propably the biggest one ) -> like landing marks from out of range, cripple aoe while kiting around the pillars, or shroud draining through the walls.

And I mean, it’s not like the build requires a whole lot of mastery to be successful against the vast majority. It’s better now than it was, but even a bad core necro can still live long enough to waste peoples time, make a point uninhabitable, or throw out enough fear that their team gains the upper hand. The latter is really just the problem with the current meta in general. It’s all about the low risk cc spam.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

And I mean, it’s not like the build requires a whole lot of mastery to be successful against the vast majority. It’s better now than it was, but even a bad core necro can still live long enough to waste peoples time, make a point uninhabitable, or throw out enough fear that their team gains the upper hand. The latter is really just the problem with the current meta in general. It’s all about the low risk cc spam.

a solo queueing necro is the biggest target in the world. you need to interrupt his heal ONCE and hes dead if you chase him.

wait for necro to drop shroudbig DPSlook for the heal skillinterrupt

you win

Core necro also has several counters that it can just do nothing against. If someone hugs it, like power rev, it's almost always going to die. There's literally no way to escape from a power rev, even if you teleport through walls the revenant can just follow you. same with power thief if they catch you right after you drop shroud, theres no way to really fight back with all the evasion.

then you have longbow rangers, who, again, i dont really have a chance to fight back against because soulbeast will hit me for 30k from 1500 range.

there are ways to counter necro, and its far too easily countered. you can also run condi rev, and pretty much negate the fact that i'm trying to team fight.

The amount of times I cast my heal skill while surrounded by 3+ people without being interrupted is TOO FUCKING HIGH.

i think the problem is that people call necro unskillful, because they themselves dont know how to time their interrupts to win :/