Toggle For Armor

They don't want to.The feet toggle replacement already is three of the rarest items, if not the top three rarest items, in the game.Have no toggle for trousers and chest armour in understandable for me.

But that the Invisible shoe box is rarer than gen 1 precursor droppings, in addition to only be available from Invisible Mushroom-men that need a HoT mastery to see them. It's really pissing me off that Arenanet refuses to give us other, more reliable sources to get these skins.I wouldn't even mind buying that skin for 800 gems on the store.

But if you give males characters that option, females would need to get it, too.I would not like to see everyone and their dad running with around without chest pieces on their characters.I don't like it in FF14 or WoW either.

That aside, there already are at least two chest pieces (Gladiator and Scallywag) that makes male heavy armour toons (and female Asura and Charr) somewhat bare-chested.If Charr and hairy Norn can be called bare-chested.

@Fueki.4753 said:But if you give males characters that option, females would need to get it, too.I would not like to see everyone and their dad running with around without chest pieces on their characters.I don't like it in FF14 or WoW either.

That aside, there already are at least two chest pieces (Gladiator and Scallywag) that makes male heavy armour toons (and female Asura and Charr) somewhat bare-chested.If Charr and hairy Norn can be called bare-chested.

Yeah but the option is only for heavy armor. And some relatively good ones with light. But 0 with medium armor. The usual thing.

@"Mellow.7409" said:Why can't you just make a toggle for all armor pieces ArenaNet? It's such an easy implementation, please just liten to your costumers for once.

This is actually one time that typo works :)

Costumers: People who wear costumes to dress up like something else.Customers: People who buy things, thus giving their custom to the seller.

I'm not sure how easy it actually is for them. But even if it would take one intern 5 minutes to implement it flawlessly, ANet does have an artistic vision for their game and despite all the oddities we've seen, it does not seem to include woad warriors.

@Donari.5237 said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:Why can't you just make a toggle for all armor pieces ArenaNet? It's such an easy implementation, please just liten to your costumers for once.

This is actually one time that typo works :)

Costumers: People who wear costumes to dress up like something else.Customers: People who buy things, thus giving their custom to the seller.

I'm not sure how easy it actually is for them. But even if it would take one intern 5 minutes to implement it flawlessly, ANet does have an artistic vision for their game and despite all the oddities we've seen, it does not seem to include woad warriors.

I mean we can already do it, we just lose some stats by doing it.so its not affecting their artistic vision.

I never understood it either, you have the option for Head, gloves and shoulder but pants chest and feet are locked. It's not like the base character is nude, when not wearing armor you have underwear.and then feet for some reason got unlocked behind one of the rarest items in the game. The inconsistency is what annoys me most :lol:

@kharmin.7683 said:I wonder if it has something to do with age rating for the game?

Eh, they force you into your underwear when you put on diving goggles. Also when you run around on the beach of Southsun, it forces you into your trolleys as well (not to mention the npcs in their drawers). Whenever you preview armor that isn't for your profession, it puts you in your pantaloons as well. They have a button in character creation to strip to your smalls. There is several armors that show your intimates as well, even some that show more than that.

So I doubt it has anything to do with age rating. If that was the case, they wouldn't even have undies and just not allow you to remove your clothes/armor. Or every time you removed your gear, clothes would be under it.

I believe it's simply they just don't want people running around in their knickers everywhere they go. Do you want to raid with someone who is just in their tighty whites? Or do a story with the main character in their briefs? It doesn't quite have the same emotional impact when you're standing there in your bloomers.

I personally don't see an issue with hiding all slots (and having dyable unmentionables). I had an Assassin in GW1 named Bikini Bandita that only wore gloves, boots, and a mask. They were my Survivor character (was challenging myself). I have the same character in GW2 as well (they are also a Survivor, even though we don't have that in GW2). Point is, whether we can hide slots or not, we will find a way to run around in our underoos. Plus I always wanted a Conan style Barbarian.

So I'm all for hiding all slots if we want. More customization is never a bad thing. And allowing us to dye our skivvies adds to that as well.

@coso.9173 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:But if you give males characters that option, females would need to get it, too.I would not like to see everyone and their dad running with around without chest pieces on their characters.I don't like it in FF14 or WoW either.

Yeah but the option is only for heavy armor. And some relatively good ones with light. But 0 with medium armor. The usual thing.

You spoke specifically of the bare-chested warrior, who wears heavy armour.

But maybe they'll release 2-part Swimsuit armour in the distant feature.That could be bikinis for human-shaped females and speedos + bare-chest (or maybe a necklace like in FF14) for males, Asura and Charr.

@SpyderArachnid.5619 said:I believe it's simply they just don't want people running around in their knickers everywhere they go. Do you want to raid with someone who is just in their tighty whites? Or do a story with the main character in their briefs? It doesn't quite have the same emotional impact when you're standing there in your bloomers.

Thing is, this fear is unfounded simply looking at WoW. People are still asking for Blizzard to return to vanilla/TBC armor designs that show skin (for both sexes,) as they'd prefer NOT to simply run around in their underwear, and males are fine to appear topless and even this look is quite rare. You get the occasional perv/jokester running around as naked as possible, usually on a female toon, but the vast majority of people have a little more taste.

Anet is just being difficult about it.

I think for head and shoulders it makes sense. Also for gloves. You don't need them. But shoes, chest and leg ... should have an armor. Would feel weird outside tonics or clothes weared in the town.

Yeah I know about the bare chested warriors. Then again: There might already be some armor sets where a bit of leather is still visible on the chest. :DPersonally I would not use it.

Could be annoying because of immersion ... but there we already have tons of other stuff that is annoying. And I guess most people would not hide their full armor.

The main thing probably is because of the skins for feet that already exist and are super valuable. Would devalue them. (For leg/chest it could be possible. But I guess making invisible armor here too ... seems more likely. ArenaNet could earn gems if this was a rare drop and expensive on the TP and someone decided to buy gems to convert them to gold to buy in in the TP. :D )

• 2 weeks later...