NOTHING WORKS

@ArlAlt.1630 said:Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the servers are experiencing lag, because they had to shelter in place. We hope you understand.-AnetServer log, day 47:3 hamster deaths, 7 more infected. WvW hamsters are running dangerously low on supplies and are still in lockdown, PvE hamsters are running around hoarding while there is an orange hamster in the corner running in circles for some reason. We tried to separate him due to potential brain damage after claiming you could cure the disease by ingesting network cables. Please send help.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231273708-Collecting-Diagnostic-Information-for-Support-Reporting-Tech-Issues-

When I set this up on my GW2 client, this is what I get....

Computing statistics for 62 seconds...Source to Here This Node/LinkHop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address0 Computer0/ 50 = 0% |1 2ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% Router0/ 50 = 0% |2 4ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx0/ 50 = 0% |3 5ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% 172.20.1.250/ 50 = 0% |4 6ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% ins-b13-4-0-1508.kmrr.netins.net [167.142.60.49]0/ 50 = 0% |5 15ms 0/ 50 = 0% 0/ 50 = 0% ns-347.awsdns-43.com [205.251.193.91]

Not shabby - I get ~71ms ping in game to 125mn when in big fights (that is noticeable) - remember that the GW2 is a round trip ping not just one way.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@ArlAlt.1630 said:Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the servers are experiencing lag, because they had to shelter in place. We hope you understand.-Anet
Server log, day 47:
3 hamster deaths, 7 more infected. WvW hamsters are running dangerously low on supplies and are still in lockdown, PvE hamsters are running around hoarding while there is an orange hamster in the corner running in circles for some reason. We tried to separate him due to potential brain damage after claiming you could cure the disease by ingesting network cables. Please send help.

Tell me Willy The Three Legged WvW Server Hamster is still alive. Please. I can't bear to think of any other hamsters who have faithfully ran their lil legs off....literally for wvw like our Willy the beloved hamster.

@Sinfullysweet.4517 said:

@ArlAlt.1630 said:Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the servers are experiencing lag, because they had to shelter in place. We hope you understand.-Anet
Server log, day 47:
3 hamster deaths, 7 more infected. WvW hamsters are running dangerously low on supplies and are still in lockdown, PvE hamsters are running around hoarding while there is an orange hamster in the corner running in circles for some reason. We tried to separate him due to potential brain damage after claiming you could cure the disease by ingesting network cables. Please send help.

Tell me Willy The Three Legged WvW Server Hamster is still alive. Please. I can't bear to think of any other hamsters who have faithfully ran their lil legs off....literally for wvw like our Willy the beloved hamster.He ded.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Server log, day 47:

Tell me Willy The Three Legged WvW Server Hamster is still alive. Please. I can't bear to think of any other hamsters who have faithfully ran their lil legs off....literally for wvw like our Willy the beloved hamster.He ded.

I shall light a candle in his beloved memory. We could always count on Willy. He wasn’t perfect and didn’t run quite right due to a missing limb, but he gave his little heart to all of us. The new hamster although he is more balanced can’t seem to keep up the traction on the wvw wheel. That’s why we are lagging cause the poor feller can’t run right.

The problem is that the devs did talk about the lag. It was back in like February, and it was during one of the "devs play wvw". When asked during the stream, they said there is nothing they can do, and this is "as good as it gets". They said if 1 skill in particular had trouble they could try to tweak that skill, but the problem isn't 1 skill, it's the absolutely horrendous lag caused by the crappy Amazon cloud servers. This is literally the best we can get, unless they switch to a more modern cloud host than the old stuff amazon uses.

@"Ubi.4136" said:The problem is that the devs did talk about the lag. It was back in like February, and it was during one of the "devs play wvw". When asked during the stream, they said there is nothing they can do, and this is "as good as it gets". They said if 1 skill in particular had trouble they could try to tweak that skill, but the problem isn't 1 skill, it's the absolutely horrendous lag caused by the crappy Amazon cloud servers. This is literally the best we can get, unless they switch to a more modern cloud host than the old stuff amazon uses.

You really believed this AWS (=Amazon Web Servers) explanation? Seriously?I have NEVER EVER experienced any skill-lag in any PvE maps for the entire life of Guild Wars 2 game (and I play GW2 since bebatest) with only one single exception: roughly for 2 weeks right when the game was launched back in 28 August 2012, when they were tweaking their game settings and number of server racks required for nice game performance. Then yes, there were skill-lags at that game launching time (as with any launching MMO game, its totally understandable). But never ever in PvE again. There is only some graphic framerate drop at famous Frozen Maw Shaman Boss fight, but still no skill-lags at all. I repeat - never ever any skill-lags even if LEGIONS of players are present in any PvE map.

Look at the frequency of issues solving, new content releasing, bug-fixing etc in GW2 . and compare all these things between PvE and WvW game modes. See the difference? ANet dont care much about GW2 WvW, mostly only about GW2 PvE. Thats why PvE cannot have lags, but not much care about lags in WvW.

There is a fundamental difference (apart from neglect of game mode) between WvW and PvE server services - I've never seen a WvW map come up with a "This map is closing" message.It could be that PvE instances get moved for load balancing between physical servers in the cluster, whereas the WvW servers are more likely to be static instances that are not moved. IF this was part of the problem, would we accept an occasional map close/reopen if it reduced lag?Also, a historical question - is lag worse now than it was years ago? I'm wondering how much impact the move from dedicated servers to Host/Guest servers and linking has had on the lag we experience.