Tactic and Siege Trolling Solution?

Tactic-pulling trolls have always been around, but lately it has become a standard HoD practice. They will send trolls to pull all the tactics, then build a bunch of siege blocking supply piles, and then attack keeps. This is a garbage tactic that brings nothing to the game. and added to the increased number of hack-suspect players around it is no wonder that team chat is more and more often expressing anger at it.

If tactic pulls triggered an event on a log for the objective, so we could SEE which player pulled them, and then the claim guild could ban such players from tactic usage, this lame coward tactic would be finished.

What other methods can u guys think of to stop the garbage players from bringing this garbage practice to WvW and muddying up the game even more?

Nothing really. And servers are linked so you say HoD but could be a YB player. As long as you can have multiple accounts you can send a guy to the team you are fighting to pull tactics and waste their supply building pointless siege. I agree it's lame and they can also tag watch and be in the other servers discord like winning means something but there's always players that exploit every game any way the can. I see this as less of a problem then say the huge bandwagon migration we deal with and tranfers to a med link to start a new one will be in about 10 days. As for the ban. With anet track record of hardly banning blatant exploiters a guy pulling tactics getting banned would be unlikely

@Jilora.9524 you misunderstood or I wasn't clear... I didn't say anything about a server ban. I meant the guild that claimed the keep could ban/block players who troll tactics from using them. That's all. When tactics get trolled, the guild officer goes through the log, finds who did it, and adds them to a guild tactic block list.

True, the bandwagon issue is annoying AF as well. But that doesn't mean we should let other problems go without looking for potential solutions.

Yeah ok the ban part I read wrong. I didn't say ignore. We've wanted a log for a long time and yes slowly adding tactic pullers to a list that every guild on your server would need to keep updated would slow it down. I just don't know how hard that would be to implement.

WvW is ignored. The entire staff is my mind is 1 guy who at the end of every meeting in meme fashion they ask "How's the alliance system coming along?" And he reply's "Soon".At this point I announce when tactics get pulled because it's seems to be a free warning that keep is going to be attacked

Important note at first (for your better understanding why ANet doing this): This game is designed for (and centered around) an average coward carebear, with a special emphasis on continuously evolving storyline (and honestly GW2 is good at this PvE aspect, I enjoy it sometimes too). But compared to other game studios, ArenaNet have a strong anxiety about "naming and shaming" and with somewhat less extent also about hacking and telling truth to players (At the time of writing this post, we still officially not allowed to know player numbers limit in WvW maps for example). I dont wanna preciously elaborate this with numerous proofs, it will be a long and pointless wall of text. Just keep this ANet anxiety in mind, it will explain a lot to you why ANet is continuously ignoring some game issues.

About siege naming:Numerous threads about sieges / tactics showing EXACTLY the player who built / activated them were wroten on GW2 forum like seven years ago. Today status: this issue is still carefully and continuously ignored by ANet (see the proof of ANet naming anxiety here? Thats why I wrote the first note, to better explain you why ANet is doing this.) Dont expect anything at all with this problem, its carefully ignored by ANet for years. Get used to siege trolling, or uninstall GW2 and find better mass PvP game. ANet will most probably NEVER change this.

About anti-troll tactic activation:The only one functional troll-proof tactic activation option I can think of is to create a positive list (please dont misunderstand it with a negative exceptions list, it will not work that way, in this case positive is not equal to non-negative). Ok, now in common english: create a whitelist who only can activate, not a blacklist who cannot activate.

Blacklist option: - randoms can help with activation, but trolls will create another (not yet blacklisted) accounts again and again and again, and this cycle will repeat ( = no change in result at all, at important critical times tactics would be still trolled everytime before main attack)

Whitelist option: - randoms cannot help with activation, only trusted "approved" ppl can do that, but its only troll-proof method which realy works

At the current game state (without any change from ANet), this can be possible only for 5 objectives in a WvW map and with "only owning guild can activate", since a player can be member of maximum 5 guilds, membership in all these 5 guilds will be required (where only trusted ppl will be invited), and will need to switch their guild representation each time before tactic activation according the guild which owns the specific objective. I know, this is hard and "not much intelligent" solution, not acceptable for some players, but I am just answering there is a possible option how to do it and describing the exact way for it, if tactic-trolling became insane serious problem on your server and you really REALLY insist to achieve working troll-proof option at any costs.

Easier option would be a whitelist of "approved" guilds which will be able to activate tactics in the specific objective, but this options would require some actual work in WvW from ANet, so dont expect this option within a horizon of years.

TLDR:Siege naming: Never happen. ANet knows this and ignore for years. Enough said.

Anti-troll tactic activation: At this moment, it is "somewhat sorta-kinda" achievable for 5 objectives in a WvW map (read description in long version post above), but dont expect any "intelligent" and easy solution for this.

Change how it works. Imo. Instead of active. Tactives should be working like a passive. I.e. banners instead of ppl using it, the keep Lord uses it. Or something. Like the skills change. Based on what you put in something.

Instead of siege, the higher level your stuff is. Treat it like lol. Where that keep releases stronger mobs to hit the enemy etc.

Who cares? Learn to get organized and fight and farm attackers like vanilla wvw before those things existed. In some instances you were outnumbered and destined to lose the objective anyway, especially after you log out. It doesn't matter. Objectives only exist to generate fights. We called it PPT-for-fights.

Put a rank requirement on pulling tactics. People that pull tactics should have enough play time to know when to pull them and people that troll would need to grind out ranks on their alternative accounts for every server they fight against if the tactics had a rank requirement.

Preventing players from using tactics and siege is a negative road to go down. It is a massive overhead for players to maintain a list for no real benefit.

The suggestion is to not rely on siege and tactics in the first place. They are there to supplement the fight, not be the deciding factor.

If only we had some way to... ally... with other guilds in some sort of organisation above guilds, then tactivators could default to only allow these tactivator pulls for... allied guilds... and log activities so that... alliance members... can see whats going on and kick entire guilds out if they misbehave.

But nah that idea sounds too far fetched.

Could also fix it so that a tactivator cannot be pulled unless the area is actually being attacked, at least this would prevent them from pulling prior to being organized and actually attacking. As far as building sieges, limit where they can be put which means never near supply piles or tactivators in general.The game is rampant with cheaters now which is sad to see and no effort is being put into limiting this behavior because known felons who have been reported numerous times are still playing and still cheating and hacking.Another method to fix some of this is when someone logs onto the opposing server to pull tactics prevent then any other accounts they own could not be logged into for a period of 30 minutes or an hour making it far less attractive to do so.

Siege trolling tactics and supply hut etc. Easy fix that was talked about when these were first brought into the game is the areas around tactics etc siege, food, whatever can not be dropped, just like you are siege locked in spawn, this can be done right around the tactics. Problem solved.

Tactics pulling is something else, however there is an option to restrict use to claiming guild members only, however if no one from the guild is on, or sitting in the structure when it is needed, it can't be used. However if you are active at the time and you know someone is trolling, it can be locked and then removed when the last person from the guild logs out. Other helpful option is when a tactic is pulled it could send a map msg saying the players name and what tactic they pulled, the hardest part about this trolling is seeing who is doing it over and over.

Pulling banners however should be done all the time, they don't de-spawn right away if not picked up, they remain for some time, yet the CD for the banner starts when it is pulled, not when it is picked up, so doing this actually allows more banners to be active at once. The main trolling that I see that is harmful are invulnerable structure and EWP, which will often be pulled by someone from the other server who knows they are going there next, so they put everything that would stop them on CD.