How to replay Season 1 Living Story

The vast majority of Season 1 is still not playable. 4 short sections have been made playable again, but lacking any of the surrounding story or activities to give them context.

You access them by completing the two-part Steel and Fire story - the public strike mission and the instanced story where you play as Ryland - then read the note next to Rytlock once you're back in the Eye of the North. That will unlock achievements which grant you access to the 4 flashbacks by finding items at the locations where those instances occur.

@tinyasian.8941 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:You need to visit each of the associated locations and interact with an object to unlock those. After unlocking they can be accessed from the Scrying Pool.

What's this? How to know where those associated locations are?

You see the collection icon when you get closesend me a msg if you want to know exact maps mate.

@tinyasian.8941 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:You need to visit each of the associated locations and interact with an object to unlock those. After unlocking they can be accessed from the Scrying Pool.

The achievements mention which map to go to and when you are in those maps there are marks showing where the objects are.Imgur

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:You need to visit each of the associated locations and interact with an object to unlock those. After unlocking they can be accessed from the Scrying Pool.

The achievements mention which map to go to and when you are in those maps there are marks showing where the objects are.
Imgur

The achievements mention which map to go to and when you are in those maps there are marks showing where the objects are.
Imgur

So after i went to these objects and i replay the entire Living World Season 1?

@tinyasian.8941 said:

Imgur

Imgur

So after i went to these objects and i replay the entire Living World Season 1?

No you cant play the whole thing, its 4 missions were you meet 5 of the people your running around with in season 2,3,4 and 5.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Visions_of_the_Past:_Steel_and_Fire_(achievements)

Scroll down to bottom then up untill you see

Visions of the Past achievements

And read whats below that.

• 1 month later...

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I hope more LWS1 content will be added this way in the future.Going to disagree.When the highly replayable and fun Forging Steel is contrasted with the weak and gimmicky Canach fight?Bringing the four missions back shone a bright light on just how forgettable this older content is.

It's still pieces of the story that are inaccessable otherwise, so it doesn't matter how forgettable they are, they still belong in the game. :)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I hope more LWS1 content will be added this way in the future.Going to disagree.When the highly replayable and fun Forging Steel is contrasted with the weak and gimmicky Canach fight?Bringing the four missions back shone a bright light on just how forgettable this older content is.

It's still pieces of the story that are inaccessable otherwise, so it doesn't matter how forgettable they are, they still belong in the game. :)It matters when developer time is spent on content that is unfun, doesn't meet today's standards and has zero replayability.It absolutely matters.

The Canach fight is not represenative of combat in Season 1. None of it was intended to be especially difficult because it was only available for a few weeks so there wasn't time for players to keep practicing and learn to beat it, but boss fights normally used your own skills and therefore the same sort of tactics you'd use anywhere else in the game.

Of course that's the problem with only bringing back a handful of random instances, there's no way for anyone playing it now to know how much is missing or what it was like to play a complete storyline. It leaves the impression that Season 1 was all, random, disconnected snippets with no overall story and the only thing left to help players understand how much they missed is the total confusion when they start Season 2 and realise there's a lot that happened since the personal story which they know nothing about. It's a mess and one I sincerely hope Anet fix one day, because it's long overdue.

@"Danikat.8537" said:The Canach fight is not represenative of combat in Season 1. None of it was intended to be especially difficult because it was only available for a few weeks so there wasn't time for players to keep practicing and learn to beat it, but boss fights normally used your own skills and therefore the same sort of tactics you'd use anywhere else in the game.It's not just the Canach encounter.Hey look I understand people's attachment to the story to push for this. I get it, I really do. I'm not here to take shots at things people like. But when people jump in on this topic and keep wishing for more I think it's important for those of us who didn't enjoy it to give our feedback as well.It certainly wasn't up to today's standards. Not by a long shot. It wasn't fun, the fights aren't engaging. There's zero reason to go back and replay them after the first run through.When I contrast that to the rest of Visions of the Past, Forging Steel, the story instance (which is massive and full of things to explore on it's own), the Eye of The North, the focusing of Strike Content in a hub with unified rewards... I would rather (and happily did) grind 100 strikes for the Cape than go back and try and get the achievements from the S1 story instances.I have however done Forging Steel at least twice a week since release and am about to do a third runthrough of the story instance... I've enjoyed both very much and found them of very high value.It's not that the passion for S1 is not understood or somehow disregarded when the feedback is given.Of course that's the problem with only bringing back a handful of random instances, there's no way for anyone playing it now to know how much is missing or what it was like to play a complete storyline. It leaves the impression that Season 1 was all, random, disconnected snippets with no overall story and the only thing left to help players understand how much they missed is the total confusion when they start Season 2 and realise there's a lot that happened since the personal story which they know nothing about. It's a mess and one I sincerely hope Anet fix one day, because it's long overdue.And I would counter and say this game has done just fine for years with this gap in the content. That the times it has bled players has been a function of no new content, not the missing bit in the stuff that is already there.I would further say it's possible this game loses more players to issues with the core personal story than it ever did to the gap between Victory or Death and S2.The game's business model is training players to pick and choose their content out of order anyways."Do the first Episde of HoT for your glider, then do the first Ep of PoF for your Raptor, then push through S4 for your Skyscale"Since there's no real shiny like a mount attached to the content, I would wager there's a significant number of players who just don't care too much. I would bet the 8 easy Core Tyria Mastery Points are a bigger selling feature of Season 2 than the continuation of the story.Anyways, only Arenanet has the data to say if the return was worth the time invested to restore the episodes to the game.But when it comes to doing fan service... I'm a fan too... and these little snippets showed very clearly how far the content in this game has come. I wouldn't miss it if they never did it again.