Please make Sunless weapons obtainable

Spoons as a trade-in currency, Spoons + Sunless runes as a trade-in currency, 250 of them, 500 of them, I don't care.

I'd rather kill Tequatl 200 times knowing I'll get it in the end than doing him 100+ times and getting absolutely nothing.

Sunless skins are perfect for Necros and for some are pretty much the ONLY choice. Don't lock them behind stupid RNG. It's been years now, please change it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Strider Pj.2193 said:The stats on sunless May be perfect for necros as you deem, however, the skin is just that: a skin.

The stats, which make the weapons ‘perfect for necros’ can be obtained in many other ways.

There is no problem allowing skins to be obtainable by RNG.

He never said anything about stats. This is purely a skin issue. And yes, it does take years to get a fair amount of the weapons. I've done Tequatl on a daily basis for about 3 years, round and about, and have 6 Sunless skins in total. That's 2 per year on average. Considering there are 19 skins, it'll take about 9 to 10 years to get them all.

I understand his frustration. But I agree there's nothing wrong with having skins that are only obtainable through rare RNG drops. It just sucks for OP that it just so happens to be a skin set he wants. I have the same issue now with Scion weapons. But I'm not advocating for a more guaranteed way to obtain them. Some things should require patience and dedication. This is an MMO, after all.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:The stats on sunless May be perfect for necros as you deem, however, the skin is just that: a skin.

The stats, which make the weapons ‘perfect for necros’ can be obtained in many other ways.

He never said anything about stats. This is purely a skin issue. And yes, it does take years to get a fair amount of the weapons. I've done Tequatl on a daily basis for about 3 years, round and about, and have 6 Sunless skins in total. That's 2 per year on average. Considering there are 19 skins, it'll take about 9 to 10 years to get them all.

Lucky you, I've done teq more times than I can count over the years and never gotten a horde drop.

Suffice to say I give up on this skin set a good while ago.. the RNG on is too punishing on the unlucky.

@SevlisBavles.3059 said:Spoons as a trade-in currency, Spoons + Sunless runes as a trade-in currency, 250 of them, 500 of them, I don't care.

I'd rather kill Tequatl 200 times knowing I'll get it in the end than doing him 100+ times and getting absolutely nothing.

Sunless skins are perfect for Necros and for some are pretty much the ONLY choice. Don't lock them behind stupid RNG. It's been years now, please change it.

If you wait for Anet. It’ll take forever or never since Zhaitan is done for.

Just now, I got a hoard. And it’s just my second run. I’ll keep on farming and hope for a 2nd one. Just keep farming daily and you’ll get there.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

I understand his frustration. But I agree there's nothing wrong with having skins that are only obtainable through rare RNG drops. It just sucks for OP that it just so happens to be a skin set he wants. I have the same issue now with Scion weapons. But I'm not advocating for a more guaranteed way to obtain them. Some things should require patience and dedication. This is an MMO, after all.

At first, I was happy because I thought you got a Scion Weapon for every 1K chests you opened (in addition to RNG). Then I learned that was a one time thing and got very sad.

At first, I was happy because I thought you got a Scion Weapon for every 1K chests you opened (in addition to RNG). Then I learned that was a one time thing and got very sad.

Me too. I also made a decision on which weapon to pick with the internal caveat that I would eventually be able to get another choice down the road. Even though I do quite of bit of that awesome and fun meta, I doubt that I will ever get another choice, let alone somehow complete the collection.Whoever somehow manages to get all the skins should get the title "RNG MASTER" in caps which changes colour and pulses with the skin aura. I joke but that would actually be cool :)

@SevlisBavles.3059 said:

@SevlisBavles.3059 said:Sunless skins are perfect for Necros and for some are pretty much the ONLY choice.A recolor of the standard Ascended....With how many weapon skins in this game?

Nope.

How many green warhorns with black smoke?Who cares?Pressing 1 at the most braindead content in the game should be rewarded with a guaranteed ascended weapon ?And your reasoning is "because it's green and has black smoke"?

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@SevlisBavles.3059 said:Sunless skins are perfect for Necros and for some are pretty much the ONLY choice.A recolor of the standard Ascended....With how many weapon skins in this game?

Nope.

How many green warhorns with black smoke?Who cares?Pressing 1 at the most braindead content in the game should be rewarded with a guaranteed ascended weapon ?And your reasoning is "because it's green and has black smoke"?

Make it excotic, who cares about it being ascended, by the time you've done Tequatl enough to earn enough tokens or whatever to buy it you've got ascendeds falling out your ass

Pressing 1 at the most braindead content in the game should be rewarded with a guaranteed ascended weapon ?Well what would be the problem with that? "pressing 1 at the most braindead content in the game" gets you also almost a complete equipment full of legendary gear. If people were principled they would also take issue with that.

They are quite easily obtainable.There are 5 occurrences of tequatl each day, each time you will have a one a gazilliomillion chance.That means if you keep doing 5 fights each day, until the day you die, there's more than 1% chance you'll see a drop in your lifetime

@mindcircus.1506 said:

Nope.

It looks like any ascended skin, true, but it also oozes a black vapour when drawn.An asthaetic designed with almost exclusively necromancers in mind