Just came back after a long time and account was hacked before

Hi, played GW1 for years religiously like everybody else here probably. Bought GW2 and wasn't all that into it when it came out and was confusing. Recently came back and my hall of monument statues are all gone and my account was played by somebody else.

1. How do I get my hall of monument stuff to show up again?
  2. Did accounts on GW2 get hacked? Cause my buddy who decided to also join me again said his account was also hacked. If so, when was this?Thanks.

I was able to get into both my guild wars 1 and guild wars 2 accounts and resetted my password and set up SMS for them for extra security. I just created a new character on GW2 cause I never really played it anyways. Should I still contact support? Or should I just play from scratch since I got my accounts back.

If your account was hacked then you really should contact support to let them know. As you say you don't remember what you had, but you also don't know what was done on your account while it was hacked. Do you really want to risk taking the blame for something the hacker(s) did on your account?

So after playing for a few weeks, I gotta say I enjoy the game a lot more. Also sent in a support ticket but after a week they responded back by saying that they didn't find any intrusion on the account. They really need to step up their security cause that's really worrying. There was also several bugs I encountered while playing, not one but several bugs in the core game that I feel like they should've had enough time after 8 years to fix. Overall, I'm having fun but this game is seriously disappointing compared to GW1 and riddled with issues.

When I quit playing , over the last several years, I would get constant notifications in my email about login attempts on my account haha. Someone was playing my account too. Leveled up some crafting for me lmao. I had IP Addresses in my account history from all over the world.