Vote your favourite all-round WvW class that can do both, zerg + roaming

enkidu.5937

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@avey.4201 said:DH was fun, but it's dead now, better off with engi, firebrand, ranger.Lolwat. Theres more dhs than engies and firebrands combined - mostly because there is so few roaming firebrands as they run dh.

I still play the old power meme hunter build, and kill people, doesn't mean it's viable.I see alot of power dh's too, they have great sword, and procession of blades...not viable, get kited.If your team 4v5's the enemy, and you come in late after stability/mobilizes are on cd, you can save them with 3s of glory, otherwise dead weight.condi dh is one trick pony too, you could spawn camp them with rifle warrior.firebrand is a really strong support\ spec if you roam with a few friends, alone your losing potential.I think engi is the strongest spec in game atm when played right, rare to see, but they are scrappy.(good sustain, good damage, heavy cc)Going into any pvp match, or wvw fight, I will be killing theifs, scaring off free casting rangers, and melting necros, but engi is the only person I'm watching how he plays.

Super close between guard and necro for me. Necro has a quite strong roaming ability now with great AOE. But Guard I can go support FB, some zergs let me go burn if we have too many FB, and I can roam DH trapper, though I suck at it, its quite fun. I have more success as a necro roaming. But if I were to get on a server with a big que, would rather it be on my guardian so I can do more than aoe or roam.

Voting is already closed. It is not difficult to guess that guardian will win. Guardian has the highest amount of play hours among all the professions (15.53%). The smallest play hours are: thief (10.10 %), engineer (5.91 %) and revenant (4.08 %). Revenant is probably the least popular choice, because it is not a core profession and requires paid expansion. Engineer is by far the least played core profession.

Guardian has meta since this game has been released. It is really the golden child of Arenanet. Surely it is also sometimes nerfed, but not as heavily handed as other professions. As guardian you play firebrand, which are always wanted in zergs and most commanders choose this one. Firebrands are most requested in team/map chats to join the squad. Dragonhunter is solid at roaming and very easy to play choice for flipping camps. Core guardian is also viable, which cannot be said about many other professions. In other words guardian offers good amount of choices for several play styles, where many other profession force the player to play one spec or be just not viable.

I would say it's between engineer and warrior. Both highly useful and sought after for zerging and both capable of roaming either through stealth or mobility with the right setups. Warrior a little bit harder now a days, not because of nerfs or losing damage but simply because the meta has shifted to high condi damage (might be a different case in EU).

Most people voted for guardian and while it's a strong part of any zerg, in terms of roaming its mobility requires targets to teleport. There are moments when you need to disengage (i.e. zerg headed your way) and guardian just doesn't have the in demand mobility for successful roaming (at least not solo - groups would be needed). There's a reason why thief/Mesmer/ranger are strong roamers and it's not just about their ability to fight, it's their ability to engage and disengage. Mobility is priority over all for roaming.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:The fact that ranger is even on the list brought tears to my eye.

Good one.

I see you have a long way to go to learn the way of the ranger.Melee Soulbeast is absolutely brutal in zergs.

Video and build?

Im willing to change my mind. Im always for more diversity but nobody could proof me wrong so far.

I happened to see a really good melee soulbeast video so thought I would share.It was fights between RQM and many other top guilds.

Ive watched RQM fight quite often recently and I think they’re easily the current top 3 GvG guilds in NA, comparable to champions Wavy.

I’m not sure if it only works at GvG size fights or if it can work at Zerg scale too though.

do we know this guy's build? more curious about the gear. im running something similar and it's seriously effective, but a bit too squishy without an organized group supporting it with boons.