Killing Champions in Draconis Mons

I am a bit late to the party with completing Aurora, with the Armory around the corner it seems worth the grind. However, I am stuck completing the Druid stone stuff in Draconis Mons, because it seems like no one ever wants to kill the champions required for the collections. I have tried posting on LFG and spamming map chat, and guild chat. Any ideas on how I can get this done?

continue what you've started, but especially concentrate on days when Draconis Mons has LS-daily.

Learn how you can solo these champs (eventually, make a class that is better suited to do so. Usually Mesmer is a good choice for such tasks, as the clones/illusions distrct the boss from you.)

It depends on the champ and your skills.You have to balance dps and (adequate) defense (vs a boss that does condie toughness is useless but life and condie clean are needed, vs a boss that does power dam toughness and healing is better than life) such that you stay alive, hopefully even after a mistake from time to time and still do as much dam as possible to shorten the time. Which DPS also depends on the mob, some are more vulnerable to power dam, some to condie.

And the possibility to cast minions/pets/illusions-clones helps you as well, to distract the boss when you are in trouble.Sometimes simply 1500 range (LB ranger with range trait, Deadeye, Engie with mortar) is a good solution as many mobs are limited to 1200 range to do damage. (but you risk that the boss disengages and heals)

In general

• LB-ranger with good pet management
  • Mesmer with good clone-illusion management

are quite often good choices.

Do some research, read about the champ in the gw2 wiki, ask google and it's not unlikely that youtube has videos with tips how to solo/kill that champ as well.

Even if all of this is not enough to solo the champ, it may help you to succeed with fewer randoms joining in. (always use your apple/commie tag)

Which champions are you having trouble with? The ones with champion in their name can be killed solo by a skilled player with a good build, but the two legendary destroyers and possibly some of the others need a group. Doesn't matter how good you are, you won't be able to kill the legendaries alone within the time limit.

I know people on EU servers were doing those events as recently as April because that's when I finally completed the Wayfarer's Henge (I'm not making the legendary, but wanted the backpack) but it did seem fairly erratic when people were there. Days when Draconis Mons is the Season 3 daily map were definitely better, and it also helps if you can get online at peak time for your region (evening in Europe for EU and in America for NA) which may be easier said than done depending on where in the world you are.

Since the timer is often the big problem with those champions it might be worth asking your guild in advance - don't wait until you find a champion, arrange a time when it's convenient for a few people to get together and then go and find the champions you need. Same with LFG and map chat where possible. Also I noticed there will often be 2 or 3 events up together (for example Emperor Mattake or Webby Mother often came up at the same time as the legendary destroyers). In that case it can be worth helping another group with one you don't need, so they can finish quicker, then asking them to help you with the one you need. Otherwise it risks splitting the interested people and neither gets defeated in time.

I'm guessing the OP is talking about the Champion Destroyer Lieutenants - Ignis and his ugly sister Aestus. :lol:

OP, how I did it when making Aurora was to tag up and get a following of folks on the map while doing the pre-events and other lesser Champs (Lava Worm, Webby Mother and whatnot). Usually there's a few people around (4 - 8 folks) that'll follow a tag. Once you got a following and complete the pre-events for the Lieutenants, go after "ONE" of them. Aestus is the easier of the two imo. Once you kill her, you can try Iggy time permitting, but you'll probably have to rinse and repeat the whole event chain and then go after Iggy first the next time around.

PS - If you can, go with a class with some range and that can take a hit: Ranger, Herald, Warrior, Mez, maybe Ele... so you can hit hard and from a distance.

This worked for me. Good Luck!