What class is very low APM and does very good DPS in high-end PVE?

Im not gonna open a new post because I have a similar question: Although I'm not a noob, I dislike mechanics that cut the fluidity of play, and I'm gonna give some examples:Engineer- I have to swap to 3 different kits or/and holo forge mode to achieve a high DPS.Elementalist-I have to summon the greatsword, pick it up from the floor, attack, then follow my rotation, the conjure a hammer, pick it up... Nooo please this is too CLUNKY

Im loooking for professions or builds that I have to do few swaps, this gives me a fluid combat experience.

@frareanselm.1925 said:Im not gonna open a new post because I have a similar question: Although I'm not a noob, I dislike mechanics that cut the fluidity of play, and I'm gonna give some examples:Engineer- I have to swap to 3 different kits or/and holo forge mode to achieve a high DPS.Elementalist-I have to summon the greatsword, pick it up from the floor, attack, then follow my rotation, the conjure a hammer, pick it up... Nooo please this is too CLUNKY

Im loooking for professions or builds that I have to do few swaps, this gives me a fluid combat experience.

almost everything has skill swaps, the only things that don't:shortbow only soulbeast (raid only- don't use condi in fractals. not a meta build but gets not far off from meta dps for 0 effort)power daredevilcondition scourge (raid only)

that's it.as far as minimal swaps go:power banner berseker (will swap weapons, but won't swap skills unless you need CC - should have at least one mace ready to CC stuff, ideally 2.)rifle deadeye (raid only- need to have cleave for fractals. IIRC, you should be kneeling the whole fight for best result, and if you ever have to stop kneeling that's a skill swap. i wouldn't recommend as a main dps due to single target + requirement to stay still)

Anything where you're doing high DPS will require effort. This just feels like you want some easy "something for nothing" kind of gameplay. Thats just not going to happen. There are builds that will get you by in PvE content (not including raids or high end fractals), but open world stuff. Those builds exist on all classes. If you're trying to do top end DPS though you will need to not be lazy about your build or rotation though. It just doesn't work that way.

@otto.5684 said:

@anoligarh.3746 said:I just want to chill out, press a few buttons and do as much dps as possible. Is that a thing?

High end as fractals and raids? None.

Open world? There are plenty. Minion necro and ranger are the stand outs.

Don't listen to this guy ... plenty of people do 'chill' high end raids, etc ... I know ... I team with them. We do just fine.

Axe/axe berserker banner warrior. Not the lowest APM but it is not piano play style. You camp axes unless you need to CC and doesn't follow super strict rotation, more like priority list. The goal is to get as many decapitates as possible and keep the banners up.Maybe not the highest dps but close and has decent utility (banners, CC).

@"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:Anything where you're doing high DPS will require effort. This just feels like you want some easy "something for nothing" kind of gameplay. Thats just not going to happen. There are builds that will get you by in PvE content (not including raids or high end fractals), but open world stuff. Those builds exist on all classes. If you're trying to do top end DPS though you will need to not be lazy about your build or rotation though. It just doesn't work that way.

he has paid for the game, and i doubt that he has stolen his character and gear. so where does "nothing " fit in the picture?and low effort is still SOMETHING too

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"anoligarh.3746" said:I just want to chill out, press a few buttons and do as much dps as possible. Is that a thing?

High end as fractals and raids? None.

Open world? There are plenty. Minion necro and ranger are the stand outs.

Don't listen to this guy ... plenty of people do 'chill' high end raids, etc ... I know ... I team with them. We do just fine.

Yup. When I raided, I went with double shortbow soulbeast if I wanted to relax. I was often in the top 3 for DPS, too, since messing up the "rotation" or doing a mechanic that someone failed didn't severely impact my DPS. That build isn't as good now, but it's still perfectly viable. Honestly it's probably better for a lot of people as the skill floor is lower for the same amount of DPS so there's less chance of user error.

Unless you're running CMs, trying to break records, or are personally carrying the entire DPS for the squad, chill builds are perfectly adequate and viable. Especially when a lot of people are 5k+ off from the benchmarks of meta builds as their rotations can be finicky so the meta players are putting out the same DPS that you do on a non-meta build.

APM is probably not as good of a measure as complexity. There might be some stuff to maximize damage via cancelling aftercast but that shouldn't be too common. For everything else the action speed is going to depend on activation time. In some cases trying to mash you keys too fast will probably drop your DPS by interrupting your skills. Something that can deal damage in a 5 step rotation is much simpler than one that requires 10 steps for the same damage. However that is also a slight overgeneralization because a seemingly complex rotation can still seem simple if it feels like a natural way to play a build. That comes down to how you internalize the logic of a build yourself so it is impossible for someone else to determine if a build will feel natural to you.

not as good as top tier meta build but here a scrapper build i use with my engi for open world content and dungeons/fractal.

it does not have the best dps but it has a decent burst and good survivability.you just need to learn to use thunder field combo to daze your foes and get superspeed.

tho if you want to go full dps build for raids you will start playing the piano.