Rata Primus after LWS4

Tekoneiric.6817

Here's one to speculate about.

From a lore point of view what would have happened to Rata Primus on Sandswept Isles after the Inquest were largely defeated there in the Living World episode? If it was simply shutdown or left to shutdown on it's own it would have crashed into the island below and likely destroyed the Olmakhan village nearby. I wonder if the PACT forces maintained it as a base or moved it elsewhere. Maybe to Dragonfall which isn't that far away?

PA Announcer: Activating radical decontamination protocol level two. Self-destruct initiated.Braham Eirsson: What is it with Inquest self-destructing labs?Gorrik: It's the automated fail-safe. We have to get to the vault! Hurry!

Upon returning to Rata Primus:Gorrik: Brace yourselves—it's gonna blow!Sayida the Sly: Subtle. I like your style.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Charge#Dialogue

There is big "explosions" everywhere on the cube (in fact just assets/texture mimicking the blown interior with red wires) through ONLY the cube. Rata Primus refer to the whole lab complex, and only Lab Sigma-05 (little islet in the north) and the cube were destroyed. Ground labs are safe, and still safe. Olmakhans, if you consider an olmakhan npc at the entrance of a lab as overseeing the lab (preventing them to continue), the suppressor golem mark III production still continue, and the specimen chamber is still working. I will assume that the closed labs (closed stone gates) are still working too. And Kuda is defenitely alive, because in addition of Specimen Chamber of not being destroyed, it's an hologram of her. Subject beta, the legacy of subject alpha, kuda daughter of kudu, prepare to see Subject Delta.

(Even in the worst case of the cube falling under, 3/4 will fall and fill cooling water bassin, the remaining will stay on the "surface", the tunnels being underground.)

About Inquest post ls4-2, there was an npc within the complex called "R3D-RCR", she joined us during the first fight against kralky in all or nothing (ls4-5). If her and her security supervision golem (mini version of exterminator golem) escaped, many other escaped too. In ls4-3, plague research is used by joko, in ls4-4, the pact steal a plan from rata primus: The derv. Inquest were already able to make anti-dragon golems. In ls4-6, an exterminator golem is used to test ley line devices.Either: R3D-RCR survived all or nothing, or Gorrik/Blish know how to build inquest golems. Last appearance of inquest: LS5-Prologue.Researcher Dwidd, grothmar: "First time we have a friendly dragon. Think about the possibilities, we could weaponize it! Gorrik! Yeah, Gorrik will understand."My bet: Gorrik is double game, still from inquest and communicate with them and giving infos about dragons and Aurene.

@"hugo.4705" said:About Inquest post ls4-2, there was an npc within the complex called "R3D-RCR", she joined us during the first fight against kralky in all or nothing (ls4-5). If her and her security supervision golem (mini version of exterminator golem) escaped, many other escaped too.You can witness the golem die in Kralkatorrik's four-energy blast. Everyone but Almorra and a couple generics die on that platform. I don't think the asura shows up in the fights at all though.

Researcher Dwidd, grothmar: "First time we have a friendly dragon. Think about the possibilities, we could weaponize it! Gorrik! Yeah, Gorrik will understand."My bet: Gorrik is double game, still from inquest and communicate with them and giving infos about dragons and Aurene.I feel that Dwidd is just being delusional there, probably thinking "Gorrik is former Inquest, he surely wouldn't shirk from morally questionable research!"

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

I feel that Dwidd is just being delusional there, probably thinking "Gorrik is former Inquest, he surely wouldn't shirk from morally questionable research!"

I doubt many Asura would shirk from morally questionable research. =)

I'd love to see a post-LWS4 Sandswept Isles. Maybe set a couple of years afterwards. Maybe set to where some charr want to join the Olmakhan to avoid the civil war. I know we'll never see it but it would be interesting. I just thought of a humorous scene where Rox sings a version of "Let It Go" to Braham about his bow.

I find it annoying sometimes that so many maps are set to a specific time period. I understand why though.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:About Inquest post ls4-2, there was an npc within the complex called "R3D-RCR", she joined us during the first fight against kralky in all or nothing (ls4-5). If her and her security supervision golem (mini version of exterminator golem) escaped, many other escaped too.You can witness the golem die in Kralkatorrik's four-energy blast. Everyone but Almorra and a couple generics die on that platform. I don't think the asura shows up in the fights at all though.

Yup, was speaking escaped of rata primus in ls4e2 they have emergency one way portals surely like when lab sigma-05 self destruct, mmh r3d-rcr and her golem are fighting on one of the platform but yup they die after kralk blast. About Dwidd I don't really know what to think, but it makes sense that the organization would like to find Gorrik/Blish for a report of how Rata primus went self destruct since they survived it. They also have assassins, surely they hate traitors too. In sandswept, Gliffu can't show herself, Gorrik maybe in the same case or they aren't aware he survived...