The Shatterer

All,

What are you thoughts about the revamped Shatterer in Blazeridge Steps - it has a break-bar and some new fun turrets, crystals which need CC.

Before: Individuals would stand on the hill and smash the dragon using any skill.Now: Individuals stand on the hill and smash the dragon using any skill and occasionally rotate to smash crystals and back to smashing on the hill.

Has the revamp been worth it when many individuals just ignore the CC mechanic and will just burn the dragon down hard?

Should it be tuned up so smashing the boss on the hill is not possible?

Thoughts.

The main problem with the revamp was that ANet didn't remove the loot from the trashmobs that spawn at the dragon's feet. It's far more rewarding to still stand there and spam AoE skills, killing trashmobs and the eventual champion, than actually killing the dragon fast. With other Dragon champions, Claw of Jormag, Tequatl and so on, they removed loot from trashmobs to make players focus on the actual world boss. They did this way before the shatterer rework, so it always baffled me why they didn't remove the loot from the shatterer trashmobs.

@lokh.2695 said:The main problem with the revamp was that ANet didn't remove the loot from the trashmobs that spawn at the dragon's feet. It's far more rewarding to still stand there and spam AoE skills, killing trashmobs and the eventual champion, than actually killing the dragon fast. With other Dragon champions, Claw of Jormag, Tequatl and so on, they removed loot from trashmobs to make players focus on the actual world boss. They did this way before the shatterer rework, so it always baffled me why they didn't remove the loot from the shatterer trashmobs.

Sounds like that would be an easy change to make?

@TPMN.1483 said:

@lokh.2695 said:The main problem with the revamp was that ANet didn't remove the loot from the trashmobs that spawn at the dragon's feet. It's far more rewarding to still stand there and spam AoE skills, killing trashmobs and the eventual champion, than actually killing the dragon fast. With other Dragon champions, Claw of Jormag, Tequatl and so on, they removed loot from trashmobs to make players focus on the actual world boss. They did this way before the shatterer rework, so it always baffled me why they didn't remove the loot from the shatterer trashmobs.

Sounds like that would be an easy change to make?

Sounds like it, yes. Which makes it so bfflinh that they didn't do it.

@magnusthorek.8027 said:The only purpose of Shatterer's Defiance Bar is having a nearly impossible achievement to get associated withDone smash the dragon last week. There is a commander who does it frequently, even daily he told me. Its still hard tho, i agree on that, and the backpiece skin isnt that cool.The fight itself is pretty lame and needs another revamp imo.

@"magnusthorek.8027" said:The only purpose of Shatterer's Defiance Bar is having a nearly impossible achievement to get associated with

The achievement is "impossible" because there is no other reason to follow the mechanics of the fight. When the only reasons to do a mechanic is "killing the boss faster" and "one-time achievements" then that mechanic will essentially fail in an Open World fight. Performance based achievements should either give substantial rewards so it's worth doing them again, or only require personal performance