PVE ~ Farmka (pros and cons)

I think a lot of people don't even know what that is, so I will explain:Farmka = Farming Karkas in Southsun Cove, and that is for karka shells, vials of powerful blood, ancient bones, and some other trivial stuff (Powerful Venom Sac, unidentified gear, passifloras)

So, below you will find my reasons of running farmka:

1) Money- Not really the most efficient way in the game, but with a squad of 10-15 ppl you can get to 12G/h, provided you sell everything.

2) Crafting/Leggy crafting- This is obvious, just keep what you need for crafting and sell all the others for "reason 1".

3) Anyone can join- ..and I mean anyone! You don't have to own a DLC/Expansion or know some meta, you can be experienced or not and you don't even have to own a mount (I remember the times when I had no mount and do RIBA chestfarm, and my legs still hurt), you just need to keep a little bit up and just hit once the targeted karka.

4) Requires less people- As I said above, with 15 people you get it running really smoothly, imagine what happens with 30 ;)

5)Time- You can farmka at anytime and for as much time you want. No need to keep an eye on event timers. No need to wait for long events to complete as to get a reward. You can just join for 30', get your 6G and go...

6)Casual/Fun-Well, since you don't have to run all the way around, following a commander and rotating your skills to kill bosses, you can just participate in the fight with 1-skills, and, if you're chatty / communicative, you can socialize (for instance, I like travelling, so in every run I do, I participate in conversations regarding geography/cultures/etc) and even make friends (I got to make a few ones)

7)Mindless- You don't need to think about builds, equipment, strategies, metas, quests, and I don't know of what else - it's plain hit'n'run. For a month that I had a second screen, my attention was more on the 2nd one...discord, FB, youtube, netflix, etc

On the other hand (and because I see it coming from some people) I give you some things you might don't enjoy:

a) Mindless- Also a con for some people who like to engage in nice content or challenging encounters. My opinion on that is that it's farming: I expect it to be like this after 100 hours of doing it...

b)Not the most efficient- ...as I said in (1), so if you are a power-moneyhunter and your eyes show the dollar sign, then yes, farmka may not be that indulging...Also, it depends strongly on the shell price on the market, so this kind of farming has its downs (but also its ups :) ).

c)Not really known to people yet-... so some times it might take more time to assemble a squad/party of 10 ppl. Personally, as a renowned Karkammander (:P) take no more than 10 minutes, but I get the difficulty level, and thats why I am making this post!

That's all I could think of at the moment, but with your feedback I may add some extra stuff!

"Farmka is life!"- Thorn "the Norn" Gustafson, Karkammander

PS: This post is dedicated to all the usual suspects who join my squad and make me laugh and have such a good time! You know who you are...

Farmka is really starting to take off and is such a great, social way of turning some quick cash or gathering that all important shells for leg. One thing i notice a lot is small pockets of people spread around the farm area. While farming the shells is entirely possible solo or with just a couple of friends, it is really quite slow. It does not matter how good a player u are, the fact that they have pretty effective retaliation and/or regen every 25% they can be slow to kill. Once u have a group of more than 4 people you should be relatively safe from karka retaliation based suicide. But prob best of all is that by farming with a commander, u will get to pick up lots of champ kills and hopefully grab some settlers items along the way.So with all of this in mind, make life easy on yourself. Farm with a farmka commander and keep those crab numbers down =o)

This used to be a thing, may be still. When I was farming the shells for a precursor there were regular squads. Can't tell you if they stopped or continued. The trouble with it, is that 15 people is actually the ideal number. When you get to 30 suddenly they die too fast--if you didn't get a hit in that penetrated, no reward for you.

Back to the game for 10 days, I've spent some evenings with Farmka Squad. I always receive a warm welcome, and I meet fun and delirious people.

Yes it's not the most effencient farm, but clearly, like chest farm it's brainless. So ideally, when you are tired or busy doing something else.What I really appreciate is to be able to do it without constraint, a quick passage of 20 minutes while waiting for something else or staying there the evening.

As I like to said, "This is Faaaaaaaarmkaaaa" ?

Ideally I think we should be between 15 and 20 and depending on the drops we hope that we will be able to get between 11 and 15 golds / h.

See you in Southsun Cove!!

@Chichimec.9364 said:

@Thirjen.3624 said:I think a lot of people don't even know what that is...Well, 2 1/2 years into the game and I had never heard of Farmka before but it sounds like fun. And I do use a lot of powerful blood in crafting so this sounds like a good way to farm some. I'll be looking for a Farmka group ingame. On lfg I presume?

It's been a thing for 5-6 years and took off after HoT due to the need for precursor-crafting Karka shells. It's not as big as it once was, but like Silverwastes has a core following and still gets enough people to maintain its existence. It certainly has benefits and it's a pretty map to farm away on

Never once heard it called Farmka though. Either its an NA thing or its a fairly recent nickname that has sprouted up

I'm another one who has never heard it called farmka. I think I've seen at least one person farming karka every time I've been to Southsun, it's a pretty well known farm (if only because of the precursor collections) but I've only ever heard it called karka farming. I'm not surprised it seems like no one knows it if you've made up your own name for it. Nothing wrong with that of course, but it's not exactly self-explainatory so its not surprising you have to explain what it means.