Strike Mission-like reward for raids

The title pretty much coveres it. What do you think if that kind of chest would be available in raids? A chest with seven floating orbs above it. You can earn keys by doing raid dailies (3 keys available per week) and the loot gets better when you have all three keys. Like you get a loot box for every strike mission you did after opening the chest the last time, you get a loot box for every raid wing you cleared after opening the chest the last time (therefor seven floating orbs above the chest). Maybe it could also be sufficient if you just kill one boss minimum for each wing to get the loot box for that wing. For example: kill Deimos, get the wing 4 loot box when opening the chest. Or you have to clear the full wing to get it. What do you guys think what would be better?

Also, the rare rewards in the chest should be pretty much the same as in the strike mission chest (precursors and so on). But the common rewards should be a bit more valuable considering the difference in difficulty of strikes and raids. Instead of a map currency, the raid chest could award gaets cristals and magnetite shards.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Boss-specific dailies would require a means to be implemented to allow players to select an instance with that boss available.

Yes, that's true. And I would like it to be added. But: It should only be available if you cleared the wing already by yourself. That means if someone starts running raids, they can't open a specific boss but need to start at the beginning. But once they cleared - for example - wing 1, they can always open it at any boss. But to open a full cleared wing one needs to clear the full wing first in every week like it is now.

@Roche.7491 said:No. I discourage raids. Let those people who demands kp stick with addicts forever.

Strike and fracts are the way to go. Friendly and casual environment.

You must've never heard of Fractal CM's then. ;)

But why discourage raids? If it's content you don't like, just ignore it. I ignore PvP (and WvW mostly) but I'm not calling for ANet to actively discourage development on said content. Not everything is for everybody.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@Roche.7491 said:No. I discourage raids. Let those people who demands kp stick with addicts forever.

But why discourage raids? If it's content you don't like, just ignore it. I ignore PvP (and WvW mostly) but I'm not calling for ANet to actively discourage development on said content. Not everything is for everybody.

You are probably right with raids. It’s just not for me. Plus kp questioning is very rude.

Pvp, I love it. I’m farming more than 40k gold per day there and 3 marks per season. It’s heaven sent even if you are new to the game zero pve. You just need to study the metabattle.com builds, your class strength, your opponents classes and about 10-20 pvp experiences and you are good to go.

Most don’t understand this method and treat is a hack and slash pve. They chicken out and quit as soon as they die twice or thrice in seconds lol.

Why is asking KP such a big deal for you? If you don't have it you should just join a training run or casual runs which don't require KP and are friendly.

No one would like to carry a stranger who is a total newbie in an EXP run.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Roche.7491 said:Pvp, I love it. I’m farming more than 40k gold per day there and 3 marks per season.

40k gold per day? 40,000
gold
per day? I think you meant something else.

My bad. Final reward is 20g repeatable. I can do it twice a day for 40. You’ll also get 3 marks just right for an ascended equipment of your choice. Better than monotonous dungeon grinding.

@Roche.7491 said:

@Roche.7491 said:Pvp, I love it. I’m farming more than 40k gold per day there and 3 marks per season.

40k gold per day? 40,000
gold
per day? I think you meant something else.

My bad. Final reward is 20g repeatable. I can do it twice a day for 40. You’ll also get 3 marks just right for an ascended equipment of your choice. Better than monotonous dungeon grinding.

Aw. I was gonna start PvPing again. ;)

That's not a bad return for your time, especially on top of the other rewards you get.

@Roche.7491 said:

You are probably right with raids. It’s just not for me. Plus kp questioning is very rude.

It's not rude at all. It's the only way to find out if people have experience killing certain bosses. Tell me, why would experienced people who want to clear raids invite just any random person to their group, not knowing if those people even know what they are doing? It's like hiring someone for a job while you have never seen their resume and have no idea if they're even capable of performing said job. You don't just let them in because they want to come in. They need to provide some proof they know what they're doing.

And that is not a raid thing either. You can find this anywhere in any game that offers group content. You know what's rude? Joining a group that asks for certain requirements while you don't have those requirements. And then moan about it when they confront you with it. I've seen plenty of people do it. They're wasting other people's time. If Strike Missions and Fractals are the way to go for you, you'll still run into groups with kp requirements. To be fair, there is a big difference between Strike Mission LFG's that ask for LI (legendary insights, kp from raids) and those that don't. The former are always more efficient clears than the ones that don't require kp. DPS is always higher than in groups that don't require kp (this is not a theory or an assumption; I've seen this happen personally many times, to the point I now only join LFG's for Strike Missions that ask for LI). Everybody plays at a certain level of skill. People are just looking for people with similar skill levels. That's not rude. It's human nature, and actually completely logical if you think about it outside of your own perspective.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

It's not rude at all. It's the only way to find out if people have experience killing certain bosses. Tell me, why would experienced people who want to clear raids invite just any random person to their group, not knowing if those people even know what they are doing? It's like hiring someone for a job while you have never seen their resume and have no idea if they're even capable of performing said job. You don't just let them in because they want to come in. They need to provide some proof they know what they're doing.

And that is not a raid thing either. You can find this anywhere in any game that offers group content. You know what's rude? Joining a group that asks for certain requirements while you don't have those requirements. And then moan about it when they confront you with it. I've seen plenty of people do it. They're wasting other people's time. If Strike Missions and Fractals are the way to go for you, you'll still run into groups with kp requirements. To be fair, there is a big difference between Strike Mission LFG's that ask for LI (legendary insights, kp from raids) and those that don't. The former are always more efficient clears than the ones that don't require kp. DPS is always higher than in groups that don't require kp (this is not a theory or an assumption; I've seen this happen personally many times, to the point I now only join LFG's for Strike Missions that ask for LI). Everybody plays at a certain level of skill. People are just looking for people with similar skill levels. That's not rude. It's human nature, and actually completely logical if you think about it outside of your own perspective.

I agree with you. Hence why I like pvp more as you don’t have a choice of your teammates. You carry your newbie team and lead.

In raids, you honestly asked a question Hello. What do you mean by kp? You won’t receive any reply and get booted out the map with no idea what is kp or what is going on lol.

Funny thing is that those leaders who wants immediately good teammates, are leaders who succk at pvp. they only know how to blame the team for losing & ...

Until gw2 fixed the Raid system, Raid won’t get much support compared from majority of the population. That’s why they experimented and invented these so called Strike with great success. The majority supported strikes but not raid. Raid is only surviving because of the unbalance reward gw2 gave.

Only solution, increase Strike Rewards equal to raid and raid will be gone to oblivion. Gw2 mmo freedom and no Skill discrimination Style. They did it in exotic ascended equipment, They did it on pvp, they did it on strike, they certainly can do it on raids.

@Roche.7491 said:Only solution, increase Strike Rewards equal to raid and raid will be gone to oblivion. Gw2 mmo freedom and no Skill discrimination Style. They did it in exotic ascended equipment, They did it on pvp, they did it on strike, they certainly can do it on raids.

Why should raid go into oblivion? It's - in my opinion - a great game mode with great potential. The lore you get through raids is so much fun and the fights too. Even when rewards in raids wouldn't be better than the ones in Strikes, I would still run all bosses every week. Some of my static members even run the bosses several times per week even though they won't get good loot out of it if they already did it in said week. They do it out of fun or to help and train new people. I do it, too. Not as often as they do but when there are trainings in my guild I join in to help or to try new classes even if I already killed the boss and just get a few unidentified gear. It's not always about the loot. But because raids have so much potential and are so much fun (I brought some friends to raids who played since launch and never tried them because of the toxic community they expected - and then they got to know my raid guild members and started, too), I would encourage more rewards so people who never tried raids before join in. Maybe they find it's fun and stay :)

@Roche.7491 said:Only solution, increase Strike Rewards equal to raid and raid will be gone to oblivion. Gw2 mmo freedom and no Skill discrimination Style. They did it in exotic ascended equipment, They did it on pvp, they did it on strike, they certainly can do it on raids.

Strikes already provide better loot than raids. That's what this thread is all about...

You seem confused as to which content provides how much return.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Strikes already provide better loot than raids. That's what this thread is all about...

Well, some possible rewards in Strikes (precursors) are better. But from what you actually get, raid rewards are better. You get more gold and the chance to get ascended gear is quite high. If you don't get the special weapon skins through drops, you can buy them with raid currency.

But: considering the difference in difficulty, the raid rewards should be better than now in relation to the ones in Strikes. That's the reason for this thread :)

@Lurana.7506 said:

Well, some
possible
rewards in Strikes (precursors) are better. But from what you actually get, raid rewards are better. You get more gold and the chance to get ascended gear is quite high. If you don't get the special weapon skins through drops, you can buy them with raid currency.

But: considering the difference in difficulty, the raid rewards should be better than now in relation to the ones in Strikes. That's the reason for this thread :)

It depends if you factor in effort and time required.

@Lurana.7506 said:

Well, some
possible
rewards in Strikes (precursors) are better. But from what you actually get, raid rewards are better. You get more gold and the chance to get ascended gear is quite high. If you don't get the special weapon skins through drops, you can buy them with raid currency.

Strikes reward more gold/time spent compared to raids. Have less unique rewards while not being subject to weekly lockouts.

So how rewarding the content is depends on what you are looking at: unique rewards or gold/wealth per time unit.