Give Bone Minions the 'Mantra treatment'

Ghoulify.8027

How does this work ?We precast our 'Summon Bone Minions' utility skill and it gets 2 charges - 1 for each bone minion. (We could have 3 stacks and 3 minons but then the LF gain from detonate needs to be be reduced / balanced)If you cast the detonate skill once -> 1 explodes and 1 remains on the field - while in the meantime and internal cooldown begins that will summon a new bone minion once it's overIf you cast detonate twice -> both explode and you have to recast the original 'Summon bone minions' skill.

This is great but the problem with minion is always that they stand further away from player when they spawn/move and take extremely long time to reach enemy so player need to watch when they are in range and then explode them which is not possible in any fight larger than 1v1. Otherwise they just get cleaved down before reaching enemy and this doesnt fix that.

Would be an interesting way to improve their usability in PvE. It would also allow for some more consistent proccing of Death Nova.

@XECOR.2814 said:This is great but the problem with minion is always that they stand further away from player when they spawn/move and take extremely long time to reach enemy so player need to watch when they are in range and then explode them which is not possible in any fight larger than 1v1. Otherwise they just get cleaved down before reaching enemy and this doesnt fix that.

A potential solution to this could be to have the Bone Minions leap at your target before their detonation. So that they have mobility on their active command like the other 2 melee minions (Shadow Fiend has the shadowstep and Flesh Golem has its charge).

Also, it would be kind of hilarious to be flinging exploding fleshy monstrosities at people xD

@"XECOR.2814" said:This is great but the problem with minion is always that they stand further away from player when they spawn/move and take extremely long time to reach enemy so player need to watch when they are in range and then explode them which is not possible in any fight larger than 1v1. Otherwise they just get cleaved down before reaching enemy and this doesnt fix that.

I've made several posts on this topic before. This isn't a new idea in the slightest. Been requesting it ever since they introduced charges.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/100887/summon-pet-builds-conflicts-and-solutions

One solution was to allow Shadow fiend to teleport the smaller minions with it to your target.

What pisses me off when playing necro is that when I get kicked down to the ground all the minions stop attacking the enemy. Although when I'm close to death downed they still attacking. Can we have necro minions boosted please and at least fix this issue with them. Also I find the fleshworm pretty useless in PVE.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:I feel like minions all around need 5k more health at least in pvp and wvw to survive the first 3-sec of burst several classes, esp guardians and eles unleash, esp since they don't dodge.

Or increased toughness against AoE ?

I would be up for that, i just don't know how hard it is to program something like that vs just increasing the health overall.

This makes so much sense.

I believe minions can use some buffs.I agree that bone minions should have a regen timer. The active should jump at the target.Shadow Minion active should make all Minions attack the target.Summon Bone Fiend needs a health buff. It is always dying. It also needs a damage buff.

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:

@SlitheSlivier.1908 said:I feel like minions all around need 5k more health at least in pvp and wvw to survive the first 3-sec of burst several classes, esp guardians and eles unleash, esp since they don't dodge.

I would be up for that, i just don't know how hard it is to program something like that vs just increasing the health overall.

IIRC, minions and Ranger pets do have damage reduction in PvE against AoE attacks that don't specifically target them. Trying to look through patch notes on this, but there's a lot to sift through.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

IIRC, minions and Ranger pets do have damage reduction in PvE against AoE attacks that don't specifically target them. Trying to look through patch notes on this, but there's a lot to sift through.

Your memory is correct.I think minions also had a reduction in health or toughness after that patch because they were boosted so much before it to counter being wiped by AoE.

@Josiah.2967 said:Shadow Minion active should make all Minions attack the target.

It does, but only after the attack lands..

The easiest way to make your minions attack something is to select your target and start spamming 1 with a melee weapon, even if your not in range to hit personally they will register it and start running towards the target to attack.

You can also manipulate minions and focus them on a different target to your own using the same method.Target a distant enemy and start swinging but position yourself so that your personal attacks are still hitting a different enemy.The only downside to this is active target skills like Life Siphon etc will target the distant enemy you want your minions attacking not the one you want to attack and swapping back to your target will make the minions change again.

It can get finicky to control them like this but it is possible, been doing it for many years now.