[Expansion #3 and beyond] What's the next expansion seller for you?

Lonami.2987

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have one requirement: is it made by ANet?Other than that, I really could care less about enumerating all the features or content that might or might not be in an expansion.

Here's the thing: there are great games that have seemingly anemic lists of what makes them great and horrible horrible games that are chock-full of features. Black Desert Online, for example, is feature rich and has tons of stuff to do. I just didn't enjoy it after the first month or two.

Of course I have preferences, for example I do want to see build templates and more instanced content, and I most certainly didn't want to see raids or mounts... but as it turned out, I like raids (even though I'm not that good at them) and mounts (so far) seem like a lot of fun as implemented in GW2.

So in the end, what I care about in an expansion is that ANet makes it with the same level of attention & quality that they have made everything else to date. As long as they keep on keeping on, I'll keep spending on expansions. The details are just something to talk about in between.

they are most likely working on expansion 3. so I would say dungeons but that is wishful thinking. I would like the next expansion to connect to HOT and POF, in that the masteries you gained there meant something in expansion 3. For a environmental theme I would like them to draw upon mountainous inspirations, hollowed out mountains and would like to see dwarfs in the game.

Voted for new Weapon Types

GW2 needs some fresh wind and if they continue with Elite Speecs, they iwll soon run out of Weapons, especiallywith the Warrior.I want to see only Elite Specs, with Weapons, that make sense to the Class. A Scepter/Focus Warrior Spec makes no sense, Staff only as some kind of Warrior Monk, but for that they would have to introduce Elite Specs that are allowed to have also other Armor Types, cause Warrior Monks dont wear heavy armors, maximum medium leather if not rather light armor, Shortbow is pointless for Warrior, he has already Longbow and Rifle - what the Warrior needs are Midrange Weapons now, not longrange or more shortrange weapons. Pistol same as much as a no go as like the Shortbow..

What I want to see as next Elite Spec for the Warrior is the Lancer, a Warrior Spec which fights with Polearms and is some kind if similar equivalent to like the FF14's Dragoon, performing Jump Attack with that the Warrior launches itself into the sky to land soem seconds later with an aoe attack at a ground target somewhwere at midrange away. The Polearm, a midrange Weapon, that the Warrior needs, that has double to triple the range of normal 1H weapons in close melee combat without needing to perform for that extra leaps and the like.

Polearms were already at early times before GW2 got released to become useable weapons, but sadly got removed.

Another cool weapon type that could add fresh new wind to GW2 is the Chain Whip/Sickle which could be also seen as the evolution of the scythe with juts more range.If people die hard want to see melee scythe, then that can be actually done with Polearms as a Skin ...cause a scythe (Warscythe) is nothing else but just a different looking Polearm Weapon)Whip Animations also already kind of exist in the game, so it isnt so that Anet would have to make everythign for them extra from scratch new, turning them into an actual Weapon Type would be awesome, especially when combine with fittign for them Elite Specs.

On top of that I would love the implementation of actually THROWING WEAPONS as midrange weapons - perfectly fitting for that would be the Chakram.

Best example how how well that weapon would suit to GW2 would be as an Elementalist Elite Spec that is inspired by the game "Kingdoms of Amalur" where you can play chakram wieldign Elementalists and its one of the coolest gameplay elements in the whole game. The whole gameplay of that weapon type fits to the kind of "return gamplay" that we actually already see in the "Phoenix Skill", in which you send out your skill and it returns back to you dealing damage/doing something while you send it out,. while also on its return, making this weapon type especially fun to use for a class that is full of positioning to maximize the effectiveness of its skills.

My biggest hope was back then when ANet made the CDI for Character Progression, where I threw originally he proposal of Sub Classes into the room, which ended up as Elite Specs, that Anet will use the concept of that also as well to introduce together with them new Weapon Types, because its the easiest opportunity to combine a new Elite Spec also together with the introduction of a New Weapon Type.

I've always been a fan of the idea that Tengu could possibly be introduced as a sixth playable race, so naturally that is where my vote will always fall. I think player housing could be interesting if it was geared toward a single player experience, unlike guild halls which were made with the intention of the whole guild contributing to upgrades. Also, +1 to that great-axe mention I saw up above.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:the only thing I'm interested in is more heal/utility/elite skills and to have useless traits buffed. since this is a discarded poll option I guess I cant vote for it :\

Vote other then :neutral:.

@Opopanax.1803 said:If they are going to do a new profession, they need to make a healer profession instead of locking it behind one class spec.

Yeah, would be cool to have a new profession designed to have heavy support options from the very beginning.

I would love for Dragon's Watch to pursue Steve, and (HOPEFULLY) have a total overhaul of all aspects of the under water combat system.Underwater combat has such massive potential, yet Anet have ignored it,m shrunk it's role in newer content and overall just abandoned what has the potential to be an amazing aspect of the game.

I know Steve's on the chopping block ANet, don't pull some kind of dodge so you don't have to deal with underwater content!!

I would also absolutely love to see an expansion of the mentor system, where we can actually partner up with new players, guide them and help them out and in return both mentor and mentee get rewards, etc. (this sort of system is very popular and successful in so many games)

@Keriana.9635 said:Player housing is my top pick from this list. Other things I would like to see are 1) improved dialogue system, so that more choices and reactions can be selected during the story, and 2) improved open world quest system (the hearts are a bit boring for me).

I agree with that. And a new race would be nice too. But player housing is the most important feature for me that's still missing.

@Myrdreth.6829 said:

@Keriana.9635 said:Player housing is my top pick from this list. Other things I would like to see are 1) improved dialogue system, so that more choices and reactions can be selected during the story, and 2) improved open world quest system (the hearts are a bit boring for me).

I agree with that. And a new race would be nice too. But player housing is the most important feature for me that's still missing.

Player housing: would satisfy a few people and have no use whatsoever in a gameplay perspectiveNew race: would satisfy more people, have new racial skills, animations, voice acting/interaction with the world, and hopefully a new personal story.

More skills equals more options and nothing is better than coming back from a break to find out your class has so many new skills and toys to play with and theorycraft.

So weapons because weapons equal skills and skills equal a fresh perspective on content and the world

Voted for 'new playable race', but that'd depend on the race. Would definitely buy it for Tengu, but most of the other suggestions seem pretty meh. Some, such as Largoz, might make me play less: they're just too 'edgy'. I know I wouldn't have to play as one, but it'd mean that there'd be a lot more of them as NPCs.

As for new professions? Definite buy if they added monks, would love to try Asura Monk. And bards sound interesting too.