Fix those glitchy mounts in WvW.

Kirin.7306

I tried to upload a 3s gif to gfycat that consisted of me riding next to someone that pounced out of nowhere and vanished on hitting the ground, but unfortunetly just like Anet they also know what's up:Your GIF may violate our Terms of Service and has been blocked. If you believe your GIF is safe for all audiences, please sign up for an account, and upload it again to so that our team can review your GIF.

@Dawdler.8521 said:I tried to upload a 3s gif to gfycat that consisted of me riding next to someone that pounced out of nowhere and vanished on hitting the ground, but unfortunetly just like Anet they also know what's up:Your GIF may violate our Terms of Service and has been blocked. If you believe your GIF is safe for all audiences, please sign up for an account, and upload it again to so that our team can review your GIF.

Unfortunately, much of our viewers find player vs player too offensive; please stick to uploading only pictures of fashion wars and pve.

Also I think lag just makes a lot of things work horribly. The mount is defeated by slopes too easily too.

@Kirin.7306 said:Sick of seeing illusion mounted players who aint really there in this absolute glitch fest. Hire some coders! please! good ones!

I think that erasing the mount from WvW is a little bit too drastic. It is enough to reduce its speed to zero. Turning it into a good living chair. It will be in WvW but you will see it only at spawn.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@Kirin.7306 said:Sick of seeing illusion mounted players who aint really there in this absolute glitch fest. Hire some coders! please! good ones!

I think that erasing the mount from WvW is a little bit too drastic. It is enough to reduce its speed to zero. Turning it into a good living chair. It will be in WvW but you will see it only at spawn.

Pve players would love it.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:oh yeah, those evil mounts. Now gankers have to actually do something, instead of spawn camping to jump unexpecting players...

mounts are fine

my only grievance: sometimes you press 1 on a ledge to dismount and glide - and instead you stay on mount, skill 1 goes on cooldown and you plunge down.

That's literally what ganking is for, and the unblockable lance still lets them gank you, you're just under the false impression that you will get by them every time. Most classes do enough damage still to dismount you anyway, so the mount, for this specific reason, is a really, really soft answer for that sort of thing. There are more than enough ways to avoid being ganked at your spawn anyway, mounts are just the lazy-complainer's way of dealing with it so they don't have to do something as simple as go out a different exit.

• 2 years later...

Mounts are fine, except that 90 degree turns on mounting. Died that way several times.

I even would like it if they were faster (as at the beginning).

But to stay at topic, I also noticed here and there those glitches. Players (own/enemy) sitting on their mount somewhere on the map - but not really there.