What do you think about implementing PvP gear system into WvW rather than PvE gear system we have?

Ahnlok.3897

And if you had bothered to watch the stream you kittened about in another thread you would have heard that Raymond pitched the idea to the team ages ago, they said the community was not excited about it at the time. But these days they are still thinking of ways to do this for easier experimentation of builds like pvp.

The only system I would accept is one that would overide legendary gear that gives you freedom for any mix and combo of stats.. But that's it. I don't want no amulet system like pvp. But it's basically a no no because it's literally just legendary armory without having to make legendaries lol.

To be honest they should have done so from launch. It would make experimenting with other classes and builds so much better. It would probably also be easier to balance the game with a pvp gear system. (Also since people mentioned it: as someone who has legendary equipment it doesn't bother me at all if such a system is implemented in wvw, in fact i rather welcome it because crafting an additional legendary armor set so i can play with light armor classes seems so off putting and i'm not going to do it.)

The whole game should get a 3 attribute amulet system with options for all possible attribute combinations. This would be more balanced than everything we have seen up to now.

Attribute powercreep (4+ attribute gear with more overal attributes than 3 attribute gear) will always cause issues. And the limited amount of attribute combinations does favor certain builds or even classes.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Kill 90% of builds and make everyone just pick a single meta?

Yeah sounds lovely. Go for it. It'll surely be better.

But pvp already used the amulet. How will they be affected when that's the pvp game already. All I'm saying is add one more side since it's a v b in pvp.

In wvw there's only a few working builds too. Sure you can do what ever combo you like but there optimal cookie of the month will always beat the non optimal

Never played pvp but they could add something like people can select every possible (when they have the add-ons) attribute combination from Beserker to Minnestrel +Sigil, Runes, wvw infusion for each gear slot. People, especially new players dont have to craft/buy gear and waste hundred of gold only to realize they don't like the meta build.

And let us save it as templates, so people can have for one class different builds for different roles and situations.

That could be probably the final nail to the coffin of the whole WvW game mode for me. Not sure if some ANet managers (or whoever in ANet is deciding which game changes will be implemented) actually secretly want this to happen.No. Thanks for suggestion. Enough said.

// edit: fixed typo

@"Faenar.8036" said:That could be probably the final nail to the coffin of the whole WvW game mode for me. Not sure if some ANet managers (or whoever in ANet is deciding which game changes will be implemented) actually secretly want this to happen.No. Thanks for suggestion. Enough said.

// edit: fixed typo

It was talked about in their wvw stream yesterday.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/627995009?t=56m32s

@KrHome.1920 said:The whole game should get a 3 attribute amulet system with options for all possible attribute combinations. This would be more balanced than everything we have seen up to now.

Attribute powercreep (4+ attribute gear with more overal attributes than 3 attribute gear) will always cause issues. And the limited amount of attribute combinations does favor certain builds or even classes.

Personal wish of mine is for them to do a WvW split on equipment to reduce the number of stats gained from 4-spreads and cele gear, as well as decreasing the numbers on boon/condition duration bonuses from runes. Just like they did in PvP. Doing some more splits for certain sigils would be nice as well. Not sure if such a thing is possible, but it would be nice.

I would love it. I think one of the major issues WvW in gaining numbers is how accessible it is to everyone. We have meta builds, locked and invisible squads that demand voice chat for entry, which is third party and imo should be outlawed apart from guild only squads and players getting kicked for not being a meta build, so if that doesn't scare away your average player wanting to give WvW a try, how about when they realise, lets say, their zerker ranger isn't ideal for zerg game play, only really roaming. So they decide to roll a scourge, they have to level it, fine maybe even you can get away with that in WvW if you aren't too fussy about being in a squad, or even EoTM if anyone still runs it, get you up to speed. But then they have to gear it. And then guess what, next balance pass, scourges are out of favour, everyone wants bomber scrappers, sorry your scourge is not welcome here, go make a scrapper.... Facing gearing up chars is daunting to anyone other than quite a hardcore player, as easy as those of us with 6000+ hours think it is, new players may not feel the same.

But I also understand, those of us who have spent thousands of gold over 7 years, are gonna be dissapointed, I feel there is a bigger picture. Maybe there can be a hybrid solution so not everyone loses out.