3v3 Mini-Season Update

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you guys focus more on 3v3's, and move away from 5v5 formats? Everyone is tired of Conquest. Just consider having a new (permanent) game mode.

My other "tip" is to not even consider opening this up without some focused nerfs to shave Malyx/Herald. While somewhat manageable in 5's, this thing will absolutely plague and ruin 3's.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@rng.1024 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:It will be nice to see FB + Necro + Rev all together on the same team. xD

You forget triple condi thief :#

1x pd condi thief1x stance share one wolf pack soulbeast1x mirage for broken infinite horizon ambush damage

Well, the Thieves Guild and the Pet and the Clones soaking up all those buffs, will be absolutely broken AI burst.

And A LOT of targets on the screen to soak cleave limits, which is unintended damage mitigation.

Guessing opening stealth will be meta, since it negates all that and you can focus a target at your leisure.

But other than that it's not that different from an organised conquest mid engagement and therefore should teach people to call targets, kite and peel - emphasis on should..

It's good though, because these temporary modes force realisations useable in ranked seasons, now I'm just waiting for something that can improve rotations as team deathmatches are largely decided by builds below top 100.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:And A LOT of targets on the screen to soak cleave limits, which is unintended damage mitigation.Unless it's been changed since, there's a priority system so all AI (except clones I think) get hit last with cleave.So if you have 2 players and 10 AI grouped up and you use a 3 target AoE the players will always get hit regardless.

Very nice to see a 3v3 mode getting introduced! Love to see the changes in the past couple months (those I am aware of at least).It's really unfortunate you already pretty much lost me. Hopefully I'll one day return to the game when sPvP is fun again. Still really hope full team Q will come back some day tho - regardless of 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 or XvX. Doesn't really make a lot of sense anymore for me otherwise (even tho I'm pretty much solo because everyone left the game a long, long, looooooooooong time before I did but still..).Keep it up guys, you're doing a great job! Probably not easy to clean up the mess your predecessors made over several years.

PS: updates are still getting posted in my discord server otherwise I wouldn't care about GW2 anymore tbh and would definitely not go to the forums or even post here.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:will be absolutely broken AI burst.we like absolutely broken AI burst, (no sarcazm !!) and we like see respect of skill domination, and we have it. If someone think that this is easy - he/she alsways can take magic op class, magic biuld and be top 50. But how I see there is something more, that put me in silver division than this season ends, and no matter that I use build from top10.

Do we start with a new 1200 3vs3 mmr or do we start with a (1200+"old 2vs2 mmr")/2? Think 2 weeks saison after all beginn with 1200 mmr should be a bit short. First 2 weeks after all start with the same mmr normaly should end in chaotic team compositions and in chaotic matches. In this case Duo queue should be totally OP.

@memausz.7264 said:Can you please ban class stacking?

there is no any point to do this. We have very good mmr system. So there is no any needed to block progress for some friends group who want play whit same class. This is not tournament. .(also I am sure that on tournament we also should accept any class setup, but this is another and long talk)But on auto-matchmaking make some class split as always is good idea. And I am sure it is already done.

It is great that you try to develop new pvp modes, but many people really want to have normal ranked season it theese modes, at least for unranked, now it is too bad system of player selection in case there is not enough players, theese type of pvp will help with this, even have both mods 2v2 and 3v3 but with different rewords would be great

CMC confirmed yesterday on the GW2 "We play WvW" stream a handful of balance changes to be included in the patch for next Tuesday. Expect changes to condi-Thief and Ranger birds. I did not see/hear specifics.

Also, someone on Reddit confirmed 3-man queue for the mini-season. Take that as you will.

@"Allarius.5670" said:CMC confirmed yesterday on the GW2 "We play WvW" stream a handful of balance changes to be included in the patch for next Tuesday. Expect changes to condi-Thief and Ranger birds. I did not see/hear specifics.

Also, someone on Reddit confirmed 3-man queue for the mini-season. Take that as you will.

I hope not now solo players have to que into threemades. I was thinking at least it'll be 1 duo and a solo vs 1 duo and a solo often. I know I know just make 2 frands that always play when I do

@"Allarius.5670" said:CMC confirmed yesterday on the GW2 "We play WvW" stream a handful of balance changes to be included in the patch for next Tuesday. Expect changes to condi-Thief and Ranger birds. I did not see/hear specifics.ofc do some boost to d/d condi thief is good idea, may be it will help me up my silver division, and make some unknown changes with ranger, but I don't see point, - they both useles on blob, and not accepatable in normal squad anywhere, and if we have same changes in pvp it also not change anything, skilled player still op, non skilled - still, not op. So on next Tuesday we will get some gift. Will see.

@lare.5129 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:I hope not now solo players have to que into threemades.why not ? one skilled player can kill 3. It only depend from skill. Opposite, we should push it make more open for skill and teambiulding dominate.

Uh no 1 skilled player won't kill 3. Let your 2 teammates die and then go win in this mini season. Duo que was and advantage over solo que so 3 dudes most likely necro gaurd rev combo who are in discord and always play together vs 3 solo que guys of any class are going to win every single time. I know you a teef and when you win those what you call 1v3s it's you won 3 1 v 1s because you jump one down stealth finish run reset come back down the 2nd stealth finish run come back and win. So yeah you won 3 1 v 1.