Request for change to how TP double/triple charges to sell an item.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so here it is.I've noticed (not related to current TP problems) that I'll list an item to sell on TP and it will be listed as the cheapest price for that item. Gold is then removed from my account for the listing. After a few weeks of not selling, I'll go back and find that it's no longer the cheapest because other players have listed the same item cheaper. If I cancel my sale, so I can relist it as a cheaper price, more gold is removed from my account. Then, when I relist the item, I'm charged again for listing it.I think that is unfair. Once someone lists an item, and wants to make it cheaper, they should be able to lower the cost of the item without being double charged.

The current system might be implementad that way on purpose. So people can't just constantly lower the price to sell stuff. (You'd have to be online more often to check then.)

If there is a buyer you can sell directly (but at a cheaper price) - and won't have that problem. Might only be a problem in cases where rare stuff is at the TP without buyer listings. But I guess for rare stuff ... it might be that rare so not many people will put it there cheaper after you?4

Maybe waiting until lucky (and the cheaper thing got sold and hoping that no one else puts one cheaper) or before selling trying to get potential customers (and instead selling via mail which is not "supported" making a price at which they would buy it at the TP then.)

This was clearly an intentional design, likely to result churn in the market. If there was no relisting fee, I'd imagine people would develop tools that watches the market, and when something undercuts their listing, it relists it for 1c under that listing. Now if the other person is doing the same thing, then all that happens is price would decrease until it got to the immediate sale price, or perhaps someone would notice the sinking pricing and buy the item.My general rule is that if the immediate sell price, vs lowest listed sell price is close, I just sell immediately - I don't feel like spending time trying to optimize for a few silver.If the price gap is really large, there is a much more likely that those buying will go for lower price (offering an immediate buy) vs buying immediately, and others selling will likewise list.What the system encourages is for people to price items more aggressively. If the highest offer (immediate buy) for an item is 2 gold, and lowest sell price is 3 gp, there is a big gap to work with. If you offer an item for 2 g, 99s, 99c, guess what, someone will come and undercut that. But if you sell it for 2.75 gold, folks may be less likely to (wanting to optimize their gold), and buyers may be more likely to buy at that price, because if they miss it at 2.75, now they have to pay 3.Same for buying - if I put a buy offer in at 2.0001 gold, someone goes above that by 1 copper. But if I put a buy offer in for 2.25 gold, folks may be more likely to just put their offer in at 2.01, saving that quarter gold. And likewise for someone selling, 2.25 gold may be appealing enough to sell immediately, where as 2 gold was not.

The listing fee is by design.

It has a clear purpose. Preventing constant relisting is one. If you want safe immediate return: sell to highest buy offer and don't list as sell offer.

If you want higher return but keep getting underbid, do better market research or wait out downturns of the market.

@Strider The Dunedan.1032 said:I wasn't sure where to post this, so here it is.I've noticed (not related to current TP problems) that I'll list an item to sell on TP and it will be listed as the cheapest price for that item. Gold is then removed from my account for the listing. After a few weeks of not selling, I'll go back and find that it's no longer the cheapest because other players have listed the same item cheaper. If I cancel my sale, so I can relist it as a cheaper price, more gold is removed from my account. Then, when I relist the item, I'm charged again for listing it.I think that is unfair. Once someone lists an item, and wants to make it cheaper, they should be able to lower the cost of the item without being double charged.First, there's no cost whatsoever to remove anything from your sell list. The only things that are taxed are posting the item (5% of sell value), and actually selling it (10% of sell value).Second, the fact that you lose 5% every time you relist is intentional. It is meant to persuade you to think about the price you use. Set a price too high, and it might never sell and you'll have to relist it at a cost - so, it might be wise to sell it just a little bit lower, instead of just constantly undercutting that legendary sale by 1c