Request for the new Xpac or living world episodes

Hello,

I was recently going through all the PoF maps again having fun exploring and I noticed a real problem in the game.

I was having fun climbing this hill in the highlands when I came across this misty area with giants roaming around it. I felt fully immersed, the mountain climb was awesome, the environment was awesome, and now there was a camp filled with giant beasts roaming this misty landscape. I quickly enlisted the help of a nearby player to help me take one of these guys down, we charged in and the giant died almost instantly. The immersion was broken.

Guild Wars 2 seems to have a real difficulty problem, I mean that giant was as easy to kill as a dolyack. The more I thought about it the more I realized the games had this problem for a while now, in many of the maps.

Please make the stuff a bit harder, at least make it make sense, a giant, or a djinn should be considerably harder than a moa. They don't feel that powerful and it really hurts the story. I want to actually have to play with people for some of these beasts, it doesn't have to be a well-designed boss fight, just make some creatures more powerful, so you need a friend to do them. GW2 is a casual game so it shouldn't be that often you come across these guys, but every now and then would be a really nice change of pace. The only way to really make things harder now is to get a lot of enemies in one area.

As it is now, The small pact commander, alone without the pact, is the strongest thing on the face of Tyria. Noting feels epic anymore.

My request for the next xpac or living world episodes is too please make some harder stuff to kill

let me know if you think this would be a good change or not

Given that people complained (and still complain) about PoF enemies being difficult to solo, I doubt Anet is going to increase their difficulty, especially since enemy difficulty is affected in part by what gear you have, what class you play, and whether you're condi or power. A minion power reaper is going to have a much easier time killing things than a ranger in soldier's gear who will have an easier time of anyone in magi's gear.

It sucks that your immersion was broken but I'm familiar with those giants you spoke of and they can be hard if you're solo, lack stun breaks, or are squishy (or a combo of all three). There's a reason why the difficult enemies tend to be event champions or bounties, and that reason is because Anet has to design the open world with the assumption most people won't be min-maxing and that there's going to be a huge range of skill. Double-teaming a vet that's balanced around the idea most people who choose to fight them would be doing so alone is going to result in a very dead giant in the same way that a level 80 in raid gear fighting a vet/elite/champion in a starting zone will easily kill the supposedly hard enemy fairly quickly.

An MMO needs to cater to everyone in a way that single-player games don't have to. There is no difficulty slider or difficulty mods and what you find easy, others will find hard and the open world isn't designed to be hard outside of metas and some events. Make you think, sure, but there is no minimum DPS requirement. Raids, fractals, certain hero points, and metas all have enemies that are harder to kill—regular open world enemies exist for everyone and thus have to account for all players.

@artcreator.4859 said:Hello,

I was recently going through all the PoF maps again having fun exploring and I noticed a real problem in the game.

I was having fun climbing this hill in the highlands when I came across this misty area with giants roaming around it. I felt fully immersed, the mountain climb was awesome, the environment was awesome, and now there was a camp filled with giant beasts roaming this misty landscape. I quickly enlisted the help of a nearby player to help me take one of these guys down, we charged in and the giant died almost instantly. The immersion was broken.

Guild Wars 2 seems to have a real difficulty problem, I mean that giant was as easy to kill as a dolyack. The more I thought about it the more I realized the games had this problem for a while now, in many of the maps.

Please make the stuff a bit harder, at least make it make sense, a giant, or a djinn should be considerably harder than a moa. They don't feel that powerful and it really hurts the story. I want to actually have to play with people for some of these beasts, it doesn't have to be a well-designed boss fight, just make some creatures more powerful, so you need a friend to do them. GW2 is a casual game so it shouldn't be that often you come across these guys, but every now and then would be a really nice change of pace. The only way to really make things harder now is to get a lot of enemies in one area.

As it is now, The small pact commander, alone without the pact, is the strongest thing on the face of Tyria. Noting feels epic anymore.

My request for the next xpac or living world episodes is too please make some harder stuff to kill

let me know if you think this would be a good change or not

There is literally a 10x difference between 2 different players. You know what's great though? They added bounty boards, they're group open world content and usually have enough mechanics that they can't be done solo. Some of the easy ones might, but mid tier to legendary ones can't be, period.

Here's the thing. For many many years there has been an issue with the Giant Slayer achievement. Kill 1000 giants? When only a few spawn in the whole world and take many players to beat down over many minutes? So having easy giants to kill in one small area that count towards the achieve (Orrian ones don't) was a gift to the players. It's still not a fast achieve even if a player devotedly grinds, but it's theoretically possible to do before the heat death of the universe.

(I know some people did manage Giant Slayer before the PoF giants arrived, hat off to them, but sometimes one must exaggerate for effect).