Which stats for Glint/Mallyx WvW solo roaming build?

ulchanar.4309

Full Trailblazer is okay too, but it limits yur options to mainly just bunkering and spitting condis at people, and yu will more likely than not stalemate against a majority of the popular roaming builds which feature a decent amount of condi cleanse on rotation because Mallyx primarily only does damage through at most 2 condi types which makes cleansing them easy.

The Celestial and Grieving may be there to allow more frontloaded damage to backup the condi damage output, because 25 might with decent crit chance and ferocity is no damage to be scoffed at. (Again, Boons being the most overpowered feature of this game)

Dire or Trailblazer or a mix of both. If you want damage as power Rev the way to go is full berserker: sustain comes from traits and the constant use of cc and defensive skills, not fro stats. Condi works in an entirely different maner.

Remember that this build is one streamer's opinion on what works best. It is harder to quantify a meta roaming build than it is a zerg build. Experiment and find what works best for you. I've played all sorts of different stat variations and they all work fine and have their advantages. There will be times when you are running a more hybrid set that will make you wish you were tankier, and vice versa. Don't lose too much sleep over it...it is roaming after all. I personally like running hybrid more because it is simply more fun, but when I feel like facerolling I'll just run full tank. Condi Herald (Mallyx/Glint) gains significant sustain via both Infuse Light and Tormenting Runes (as well as fair protection uptime), so I'd argue that with power damage down, it is reasonable to invest farther into the glassy realm. Not to mention that Herald also has the advantage of getting 10% bonus health from the traitline which sits it pretty at a respectable 17.5k baseline IIRC. With that said, I do like this setup quite a bit. The stats make sense to me and all the trait choices are solid. Condi Herald benefits from all stats pretty nicely, especially with the still-busted Incensed Response boosting up the hybrid damage with the big might stacks. Even healing power is not wasted for the build. I really feel the threat of a hybrid Herald when I get gaped by a 25-mighted Frigid Blitz into a big condi burst. Cele/Grieving is probably my favorite combo to run on Herald (infrequent as I'm still a core fanatic at heart) because of how well I felt it worked with the e-spec.

TLDR: The build is solid, but don't take it as gospel. Have fun and experiment.