Why specialization's weapons don't do good damage?

frareanselm.1925

If we look at the TOP DPS classes to single target we see:Power Dragonhunter or Core Guardian, power , greatsword/scepter or swordPower Chronomancer with sword/xPower soulbeast with greatswordI bought the expansion to play my condi berserker with his torch, and the Firebrand with his new axe, or a mirage with his axe.Then I find what? That my DPS is very low in comparison. Build a full viper set to be outperformed by a core build.

I like to have a good DPS, this brings me satisfaction and the sense of doing a good job in my dungeon group. But this doesnt happen actually.I want to hit hard but I'm so tired of core weapons, I've been playing 7 years with my guardian GS/scepter I'm bored and tired.I dont want to play a berserker with greatsword/axe, Im too tired.With Pof I found new motivations in this game with the new weapons but all breaks appart when i look at the DPSmeter.I can uninstall my dpsmeter and live in ignorance pretending I do decent dps and be kicked in high fractals for low dps.

Do you guys understand Anet strategy?

Burn Firebrand with axe is awesome, and can run ~23.4K HP, ~3.3K armor and over 2K condition damage making power core Guardian and Dragonhunter to look like a brittle, squishy houses of cards a joke. Yes, they do more damage, but they get one shooted if a boss farts in the wrong direction... The axe is nice, easily in the top three weapons of the Guardian.

Most of the especs use their respective weapons for dps just fine -if not better than that. Maybe you just need to look into proper rotations. Other than that, not sure what stops you from playing condi berk with torch or condi firebrand/mirage with axe. If you get the proper rotations, you definitely shouldn't be kicked out of any group "for not enough dps" unless they're some kind of deluded elitists. At which point, just find a group with, you know, normal people in it.

• Confused 1

Huh? Firebrand and Mirage both have top-tier Viper axe builds. Power Firebrand, in contrast, is pretty niche. (And there's no standard Mirage power build for Raids/Fractals at all, afaik.)

Here's an all-Viper Soulbeast build approved by the Raid optimizers: https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/ranger/soulbeast/condition/Here's an all-Viper Berserker banner-monkey build with Sword, Torch(!!), and Longbow(!!!): https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/warrior/berserker/condition%20banner/

@"ASP.8093" said:Huh? Firebrand and Mirage both have top-tier Viper axe builds. Power Firebrand, in contrast, is pretty niche. (And there's no standard Mirage power build for Raids/Fractals at all, afaik.)

Here's an all-Viper Soulbeast build approved by the Raid optimizers: https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/ranger/soulbeast/condition/Here's an all-Viper Berserker banner-monkey build with Sword, Torch(!!), and Longbow(!!!): https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/warrior/berserker/condition%20banner/

I know these builds, but what I mean they are in the mid-low part of the benchmark ranking.

@frareanselm.1925 said:

@"ASP.8093" said:Huh? Firebrand and Mirage both have top-tier Viper axe builds. Power Firebrand, in contrast, is pretty niche. (And there's no standard Mirage power build for Raids/Fractals at all, afaik.)

Here's an all-Viper Soulbeast build approved by the Raid optimizers:
Here's an all-Viper Berserker banner-monkey build with Sword, Torch(!!), and Longbow(!!!):

I know these builds, but what I mean they are in the mid-low part of the benchmark ranking.

Why would anyone care about that? And why would you suggest that you'll get kicked from the group just because you're not topping dps charts?

• Confused 1

@frareanselm.1925 said:

Here's an all-Viper Soulbeast build approved by the Raid optimizers:
Here's an all-Viper Berserker banner-monkey build with Sword, Torch(!!), and Longbow(!!!):

DPS on a golem with squad buff only applies in a fixed scenario with a fixed set up, the Snowcrow benchmark doesn't mean an overall representation of the class themselves.

@frareanselm.1925 said:Power Chronomancer with sword/x

You're aware that Chrono's weapon is a Shield right?

Power Soulbeast also does use dagger. Typical build is GS + D/A

As far as other spec weapons, some builds do use them.

Elementalist:Scepter/Warhorn is used in PvESword/Dagger is used in PvE

Warrior:Condi Zerker uses Sword/Torch and LBAxe/Dagger + Mace/Axe is used in PvEGS + Dagger/Shield is used in PvP

Ranger:As mentioned, GS + Dagger/Axe is used in PvEAxe/Warhorn + Staff is also used in PvE

Necromancer:GS + Axe/Focus is used for ReaperScepter/Torch + Torch is used in PvE for Condi Scourge

Guardian:Condibrand uses Scepter/Torch + Axe in PvEHealbrand uses Axe/Shield + Staff in PvESymbolbrand uses Axe/Shield + Scepter/Focus in PvP

Thief:Rifle + D/D is used in PvEStaff is also used in PvE

Engineer:Rifle + Sword/Pistol is used in PvEHammer is used in WvWSword/Shield is used in PvP

Mesmer:Axe/Pistol + Torch is used in PvESword/Sword + Shield is used in PvESword/Focus + Shield is used in WvWAxe/Pistol + Sword Torch is used in PvP

Revenant:Mace/Axe + Shortbow is used in PvEMace/Axe + Sword/Shield is used in PvP for Condi Herald

Specialization weapons are not universally used, but some do have their uses. Which is good, since it means they're not outright powercreep over core weapons.

It's really just sucky that DH's LB just doesn't see any play, making it the only E-Spec weapon that never gets used in any game mode.

@"frareanselm.1925" said:If we look at the TOP DPS classes to single target we see:Power Dragonhunter or Core Guardian, power , greatsword/scepter or swordPower Chronomancer with sword/xPower soulbeast with greatswordI bought the expansion to play my condi berserker with his torch, and the Firebrand with his new axe, or a mirage with his axe.Then I find what? That my DPS is very low in comparison. Build a full viper set to be outperformed by a core build.

Condi berserker has the highest benchmark damage in warrior class :)

Also you should notice the difference between benchmark and reality.

Core guardian needs to keep aegis up which is awkward in most cases.

Power Chrono heavily relies on "slow" conditions on enemy.

In practice, condition Firebrand is much more powerful than its ranking in the benchmark list.

Only build you mentioned that is truly OP is power Soulbeast.