Confusion about T3 Essence Manipulation mastery

Hi, I'd like to ask this before using my icebrood mastery points: What kind of extra rewards do I get after upgrading Essence Manipulation mastey (Resilience, Valor, Vigilance) to T3?I can't find this anywhere and I don't want to waste these mastery points on something useless especially when Episode 3 is about to come.

pKlycHO.jpg

Essence manipulation of rank 2 is required for medium and large chests, I can't recall if loot improves further from tier 2 to 3 though. Tier 3 is beneficial in strikes.

If mastery points are a concern, if I am not mistaken, there are currently up to 5 spare for the Icebrood Saga, you can always wait for Tuesday and the patch. In general, every episode will yield at the very least enough mastery points to max out all new masteries, though how long and difficult some might be to acquire, that depends on each individual player.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Essence manipulation of rank 2 is required for medium and large chests, I can't recall if loot improves further from tier 2 to 3 though. Tier 3 is beneficial in strikes.

t3 gets you more eternal ice shards and eitrite ingots

That's what I have been looking for. Thank you. It seems that T3 mastery isn't really worth leveling up though.

@trixantea.1230 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Essence manipulation of rank 2 is required for medium and large chests, I can't recall if loot improves further from tier 2 to 3 though. Tier 3 is beneficial in strikes.

t3 gets you more eternal ice shards and eitrite ingots

That's what I have been looking for. Thank you. It seems that T3 mastery isn't really worth leveling up though.

The t3 special action skill also does quite a bit more base damage(~5x).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You may want Tier 3 for the upcoming Episode:

The Essence Manipulation Mastery tracks expand with a 4th tier, allowing you to use your special action skills on enemies regardless of their essence. Skills will chain to nearby enemies with bonus damage if their essence is aligned to the skill.

Thank you. Did the devs releases this anywhere or is this info coming from beta testers?Anyway, I hope the next episode will give us enough mastery points to level up all that.

@trixantea.1230 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:You may want Tier 3 for the upcoming Episode:

The Essence Manipulation Mastery tracks expand with a 4th tier, allowing you to use your special action skills on enemies regardless of their essence. Skills will chain to nearby enemies with bonus damage if their essence is aligned to the skill.

Thank you. Did the devs releases this anywhere or is this info coming from beta testers?Anyway, I hope the next episode will give us enough mastery points to level up all that.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/may-26-2020/Of course there will be enough Mastery Points to level up; there always are.