I want a shortcut for helmet on and off

Please anet? It would be easier to set up than making it like in gw1 where you could pick if you wanted the helmet on in cities or not but it would be a nice aesthetic thing :DJust give us the iption to put a shortcut to the little check in the wardrobe window

I know what your saying, wearing headgear in town seems "rude" in role-playing standards.

There aren't many helmets that I even wear all the time. While I can't see their faces, I still like the open face look.

Maybe if there were a checkbox for the headgear (similar to weapons) to hide when not in combat.

I guess my only opposition would be how you'd implement it without cluttering the UI. Take the novelties button, for example. It's small, but it comes with issues. I don't mind it, but there's a segment of players frustrated by the inability to remove it because they never use it and are annoyed that it frequently activates when they're trying to select a mount.

At the moment, removing your helmet is a few simple clicks that are typically performed out of combat and with no immediate risk of dying to mobs, so to justify adding something like this, you'd have to:

a.) Outline the need/benefits compared to the system already in placeb.) Truly make the shortcut optional (an option in settings that you physically have to go and opt into)

and/or

c.) Implement it in an uninvasive way (Where would the button or shortcut you propose be located? How big would it be? Would it be invisible like a keybind?)

@AgentMoore.9453 said:I guess my only opposition would be how you'd implement it without cluttering the UI. Take the novelties button, for example. It's small, but it comes with issues. I don't mind it, but there's a segment of players frustrated by the inability to remove it because they never use it and are annoyed that it frequently activates when they're trying to select a mount.

At the moment, removing your helmet is a few simple clicks that are typically performed out of combat and with no immediate risk of dying to mobs, so to justify adding something like this, you'd have to:

a.) Outline the need/benefits compared to the system already in placeb.) Truly make the shortcut optional (an option in settings that you physically have to go and opt into)

and/or

c.) Implement it in an uninvasive way (Where would the button or shortcut you propose be located? How big would it be? Would it be invisible like a keybind?)

I think Anet could definitely go with the second option and implement it as a key bind that doesn't have a set key (it would have to be manually inserted from the settings by the player). It wouldn't be the first time they did this - walk, about face, individual mounts and stow/quickdraw weapons are all unassigned keys by default.

Personally, if they added this, I would like for Anet to add a glove/shoulders/back piece toggle keybind too.

Being able to hotkey such things would be a great addition.

But...I always go back to this, YOU CANNOT COPY/PASTE TEXT from the chat box in this game. It's nice to have eleventy billion ideas of things they could add to the code, but as long as I have to keep a pad/pen by my mouse to inscribe a discord address, I'm going to maintain that clearly ANET doesn't have the resources to add these types of features, since they still have been unable to add a feature that was present in GW1, a now 15-year old game...

• 1 month later...

I would realy love to see an automatic solution over a simple keybinding because for me keybindings would be too annoying. An automatic solution could be set globally in the settings and then you may also decide if some character should behave differently within the current checkboxes (on/off/auto) of the hero panel. Maybe you could also decide in the settings menu in which situation certain settings will appear (in and out of combat / town and camps / on mounts / talking to NPCs / cutscenes etc.)

Different to most other people I love helmets and always use them (i also hate it when the hero in movie does not wear one). But I would also like to see the faces and haircuts of my characters from time to time. The conversations in the vanilla story made a good job on this topic. Such an option would definitely make me spending more time on redesigning my characters from time to time. And maybe other players would use more helmets in combat :D

@Super Hayes.6890 said:I wanted something like this for when the anniversary armor came out. The heavy set has two versions of the head piece. One closed for combat and one open for out of combat. I wish it was automatic. The way it is I just don't use the open version.I can't agree more!