Stormsoul and cc skills

Aigleborgne.2981

Does Stormsoul increase cc damage skills? What about its synergy with Lightning Rod?

I cast earthquake for example, is knockdown applied before damage? And then Stormsoul will increase earthquake and LR.

I assume LR always work because it's cast after. But I'm not sure for the cc damage part.

Stormsoul has 2 effects: the first is a damage increase against CC'd foes, which means that as long as the foe is CC'd, any other ability/skill you hit them with will have a 10% damage increase. The second effect is that Stun duration is increased by 33%, only Stun , no other kind of CC such as knock down, knockback, etc is affected by this second effect.

Here is a scenario: You use Dagger #3 in Air and transmute the shocking aura on a nearby enemy. The enemy gets stunned for 1s + 0.33s, during that stun period, any damage you deal is modified by 10%.

Another scenario: You use Dagger #4 in Earth on a nearby enemy. The enemy is knocked down for 2s (no duration increase since it's not a stun), any damage you deal during this period is modified by 10%.

LR works for all CC's; you land CC, you deal damage. Stormsoul's damage modifier applies with all CC's in which any damage you output is modified as long as the enemy is CC'd, however, its CC duration increase applies only to stun.

@Auburner.6945 said:Stormsoul has 2 effects: the first is a damage increase against CC'd foes, which means that as long as the foe is CC'd, any other ability/skill you hit them with will have a 10% damage increase. The second effect is that Stun duration is increased by 33%, only Stun , no other kind of CC such as knock down, knockback, etc is affected by this second effect.

Here is a scenario: You use Dagger #3 in Air and transmute the shocking aura on a nearby enemy. The enemy gets stunned for 1s + 0.33s, during that stun period, any damage you deal is modified by 10%.

Another scenario: You use Dagger #4 in Earth on a nearby enemy. The enemy is knocked down for 2s (no duration increase since it's not a stun), any damage you deal during this period is modified by 10%.

LR works for all CC's; you land CC, you deal damage. Stormsoul's damage modifier applies with all CC's in which any damage you output is modified as long as the enemy is CC'd, however, its CC duration increase applies only to stun.

Thank you for your answer. Most cc skills we have do next to 0 damage, so Stormsoul effect would be almost useless (except for LR).I'm thinking of a build centered around LR with dagger/dagger, staff, earth shield, lightning hammer. I was thinking at Stormsoul instead of Raging Storm.

Works on broken CC bars (i.e. fractals). If your group is bad at CC or unable to burst when boss is stunned you're better off with Raging Storm which has 180 ferocity under Fury (i.e. +12% critical damage) which can be more than 10% multiplicative damage overall but not when the target is stunned.

For example if you run sigil of force + impact that's 1.08x multiplier , times 253% crit = 2.73x powerWith Raging Storm under fury you get a 265% crit = 2.862x power which is ~5% greater

@Infusion.7149 said:Works on broken CC bars (i.e. fractals). If your group is bad at CC or unable to burst when boss is stunned you're better off with Raging Storm which has 180 ferocity under Fury (i.e. +12% critical damage) which can be more than 10% multiplicative damage overall but not when the target is stunned.

For example if you run sigil of force + impact that's 1.08x multiplier , times 253% crit = 2.73x powerWith Raging Storm under fury you get a 265% crit = 2.862x power which is ~5% greater

Not sure about sigils. Draining and Severance seem good for CC build. But maybe Sigil and Force are better overall. Although Draining is almost mandatory for solo build.

About your maths, I think it is overall better to pick Raging Storm. Defensively, Stormsoul can help with dagger or staff along with Lightning Hammer, a lot of sources of stun. I will probably make some tests.

Life steal isn't affected by critical damage multipliers ; severance only works when you are the one interrupting.

Anyyway if your group isn't organized enough to burst down a boss when it has the 50% damage from exposed debuff (from breaking CC bar), then Raging Storm has higher overall damage.

@Infusion.7149 said:Life steal isn't affected by critical damage multipliers ; severance only works when you are the one interrupting.

Anyyway if your group isn't organized enough to burst down a boss when it has the 50% damage from exposed debuff (from breaking CC bar), then Raging Storm has higher overall damage.

It was more designed for solo instance (personnal and living story), and open world (core, HoT, PoF).I guess Draining would be a nice way to get mass life since I will have a lot cc.