GW2 Upgrade Processor or graphic card?

@"ancafr.9274" said:I'm satisfied with the 750 ti, now the limitation is my processor i3 4160 3,6hz that will soon be replaced by one i5 4690 3,5hz. The game runs ok now but in some parts with many players i still get lag due my processor.

These are my settings now http://www.imagebam.com/image/11015b1337342826

depending on the framerate you can tolerate, you can go higher. You are running lower settings than my old 560m is running, and that card is much weaker than yours. Just keep CPU things lower like shadows, reflections, character model limit.

• 2 months later...

@"SinisterSlay.6973" said:Do not buy a 1030. Never ever buy an nVidia GPU that is less than a #50. Even the 50s are rip offs, but they are the only choice if you have a stock prebuild power supply as they mostly do not need external power. All AMD cards in the same price range use a lot more power and need a stronger power supply. That's why they are cheaper.If you must be cheap, get one of thesehttps://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-gtx-750-ti.htmlYou will not be disappointed. Pick one that does not require external power.Here's a comparisonhttps://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-750-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-GT-420/2187vsm10183It's only 800% faster than what you are currently using. More then enough to max GW2 on GPU settings.

I have a 1030, the passive one. And i can play at High settings in 2560x1080. The only lag i ever experienced was network lag. But this is with a i5 9600, 32GB of ram, and a ssd. I think at this point, any dedicated GPU of the current generation is powerfull enough that only the CPU can be the bottleneck for GW2

@nodlesparc.7490 said:

@"SinisterSlay.6973" said:Do not buy a 1030. Never ever buy an nVidia GPU that is less than a #50. Even the 50s are rip offs, but they are the only choice if you have a stock prebuild power supply as they mostly do not need external power. All AMD cards in the same price range use a lot more power and need a stronger power supply. That's why they are cheaper.If you must be cheap, get one of these
You will not be disappointed. Pick one that does not require external power.Here's a comparison
It's only 800% faster than what you are currently using. More then enough to max GW2 on GPU settings.

I have a 1030, the passive one. And i can play at High settings in 2560x1080. The only lag i ever experienced was network lag. But this is with a i5 9600, 32GB of ram, and a ssd. I think at this point, any dedicated GPU of the current generation is powerfull enough that only the CPU can be the bottleneck for GW2

We can run at high-ultra even with a gtx 750 ti that is the one i'm currently using, but.. can run is different of can PLAY. By 'can play' I mean on 60 FPS(sometimes around 55) but at lions arch and towns drops to 30-40. The only limitation in my case is the processor cuz i3 isnt games processor so my currently settings with reshare has to be this http://www.imagebam.com/image/a3e9ad1344686621 IF i want to run the game on 60 FPS full HD. I can run all at Ultra but that will get me 30-50 FPS, plus I have only 8gb ram not because i want but because the other memory slot is burned xD.

GW2 is more about processor than graphic card, so any decent card will do good in this game. Compared to my old 420 gt and monitor that was replaced by a new one AOC 24° sniper the results now are satisfatory. My other monitor was 720p, this new is full HD 1ms, just by changing the monitor the difference was HUGE lol. Soon i'll get a i5 4690k and the game experience shall be eeeven more satisfatory.