The wvw mount was slowed down way too much

aandiarie.7195

In wvw we were given mounts. (I spent 200 gold on a skin for my mount too.) The mounts were nice to have, but now they were slowed down by anet a while back.

Some people can outrun my mount on foot.

I was wondering if anet could give us back the mounts how they used to be or at least slightly speed them up, give them proper leaps, or something.

It's pretty disappointing to be given a mount for wvw, have it for a while/be happy with it, and then have that taken away. :(

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@aandiarie.7195 said:In wvw we were given mounts. (I spent 200 gold on a skin for my mount too.) The mounts were nice to have, but now they were slowed down by anet a while back.

I was wondering if anet could give us back the mounts how they used to be or at least slightly speed them up, give them proper leaps, or something.

It's pretty disappointing to be given a mount for wvw, have it for a while/be happy with it, and then have that taken away. :(

I like my mount. What class outruns you?

@"Zaraki.5784" said:Blame all the so-called "wvw veterans" who cried all time since release for it to be nerfed down to abyss.Not sure it was the "WvW veterans", more like a certain class of roamers that suddenly found their OOC mobility challenged...

Personally I find the cooldown of the lance far more annoying. If you miss once, forget about it, when its up the next time you're halfway across the map.

I don't get these mount complaints. Yes, some classes can keep up with mobility skills, but that wastes cooldowns and you're not immune to CC. It also allows you to open with a 5k opening attack and gap closer. You can ignore a zerg of 30-40 just by dodging through them. That's not good enough?

I mean,. the same people that say the mount are useless are probably the same people that get on it immediately the moment they see an enemy player lol. So you know what? You can disprove me easily of course. Just never use your mount and see how that goes.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@aandiarie.7195 said:In wvw we were given mounts. (I spent 200 gold on a skin for my mount too.) The mounts were nice to have, but now they were slowed down by anet a while back.

Thief easily outruns the mounts. Enemy or friendly. I can’t keep up with thief’s on foot period... I have full mastery and pop the jump the second it’s ready.

At least not the ones that know how to set up.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:Thief easily outruns the mounts. Enemy or friendly. I can’t keep up with thief’s on foot period... I have full mastery and pop the jump the second it’s ready.

Why do you consider this to be a problem?

@ASP.8093 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:Thief easily outruns the mounts. Enemy or friendly. I can’t keep up with thief’s on foot period... I have full mastery and pop the jump the second it’s ready.

I consider that a problem too. As for the reasons, read thru OP's posts again. And search for many such topics too.

We are not asking for a buff. We are hopping that ANet would for once listen to the non gankers. OP, WvW veterans are not the ones that asked for the many nerfs, if you read those forum posts carefully before Warclaw was crippled, many were roamers who liked to go solo or form small groups, hide and then jumped on unsuspecting players. They whined and cried the loudest in rhe forum, until today.

At least make the Warclaw's movement faster in our own zone, like before.

@ASP.8093 said:

I don’t consider it a problem at all. I actually don’t care that I can’t catch them since I don’t waste time once they’re running away. I simply wanted to share what I see first hand. If a thief wants to run away that’s all good. If he turns to fight then he’s dead. That’s about it.

@Mil.3562 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

I consider that a problem too. As for the reasons, read thru OP's posts again. And search for many such topics too.

We are not asking for a buff. We are hopping that ANet would for once listen to the non gankers. OP, WvW veterans are not the ones that asked for the many nerfs, if you read those forum posts carefully before Warclaw was crippled, many were roamers who liked to go solo or form small groups, hide and then jumped on unsuspecting players. They whined and cried the loudest in rhe forum, until today.

At least make the Warclaw's movement faster in our own zone, like before.

You know gankers can use mounts too right? If you're clearing a sentry and they get the gap close on you with a free attack, what chance do you have again?

Plus many of don't need a mount to dismount anyone either. Even before mounts I could dismount anyone that doesn't dodge with soulbeast. What about those 3-4 gank groups on comms that do coordinate their damage? So..... false sense of security if anything.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:I don't get these mount complaints. Yes, some classes can keep up with mobility skills, but that wastes cooldowns and you're not immune to CC. It also allows you to open with a 5k opening attack and gap closer. You can ignore a zerg of 30-40 just by dodging through them. That's not good enough?

I mean,. the same people that say the mount are useless are probably the same people that get on it immediately the moment they see an enemy player lol. So you know what? You can disprove me easily of course. Just never use your mount and see how that goes.

To make things worse, the mounts scale with damage modifiers. I've been experimenting using soulbeast and I have hit people for 13-15k on a single dismount.

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:I don't get these mount complaints. Yes, some classes can keep up with mobility skills, but that wastes cooldowns and you're not immune to CC. It also allows you to open with a 5k opening attack and gap closer. You can ignore a zerg of 30-40 just by dodging through them. That's not good enough?

To make things worse, the mounts scale with damage modifiers. I've been experimenting using soulbeast and I have hit people for 13-15k on a single dismount.

It definitely scales with gear and it works with on proc sigils too if you got your mount in combat.

Which is why I can't comprehend why people think it helps deter "gankers" or w/e you call them. They'll take better advantage of it than the random zerglings for sure. But then again killing people 30v1 isn't ganking to most...

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

Thief easily outruns the mounts. Enemy or friendly. I can’t keep up with thief’s on foot period... I have full mastery and pop the jump the second it’s ready.

Thieves before the mount speed change could outrun warclaw

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

Thieves before the mount speed change could outrun warclaw

If so then not near as easily as now. I caught many of them before then mowed them down with my soulbeast. Now I can’t catch them at all.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:I don't get these mount complaints. Yes, some classes can keep up with mobility skills, but that wastes cooldowns and you're not immune to CC. It also allows you to open with a 5k opening attack and gap closer. You can ignore a zerg of 30-40 just by dodging through them. That's not good enough?

pretty much what this guy said.

Mounts are still incredibly strong. The speed in which they could move in their own territory before the nerf was overpowered as hell. Fighting was painful due to how quickly downed opponents could jump on their speed kittens and run back. Taking an enemy garrison was painful, even if you consistently won fights it wouldn't matter because dead players would be back in under a minute.

Mount nerfs were the best thing to happen to mounts since they were added. The addition of lance and mount speed nerfs actually has made WvW playable again.

It was impossible to take anything as a solo player or small group before, because the bonus movespeed allowed players to pretty much cross the map before you could kill a lord. It has nothing to do with thieves and gankers as people are implying. They actually get the most benefit of it when you factor in gank playstyle and single-player bonus mobility with using combat-keeper character on a mount as was done in a lot of gank groups.

A few weeks ago I went to retake a tower near keep in EBG on my reaper. I spent like 10 minutes grinding the gates down and killing the 1-2 players who kept trying to prevent me from getting in. Despite actually getting into the tower, I couldn't cap it because it only took two players to pretty much permanently contest it and make the lord kill just difficult enough I couldn't handle it. Normally, this isn't an issue, and was never an issue prior when people were slower to navigate the map. Even if a thief could get there quicker to defend, they'd die in the circle trying to defend and would have to reset enough where I'd get the cap.

It had to go. And honestly, the bonus health and damage, CC immunity, extra free dodges that are basically Unhindered Combatant on steroids with the equivalent of traited Acrobatics endurance regen, and the free AoE spike+gap close is still way too much for a ubiquitous mobility effect that ALSO provides major bonus mobility.

The maps weren't designed for it and nor was the PvP combat. This wasn't a "veteran" thing. This was and still is a tactics thing that invalidates a lot of play patterns and coordination, while still supporting gank and ktrain playstyles more than any other.

The problem is not the mount. It's the massive amount of players using wvw to kill other players fun by using game mechanics which should not exist in that way.. so.. it is nothing but a balance issue in the end imo. New expansion will solve all these things :D

@"Zaraki.5784" said:Blame all the so-called "wvw veterans" who cried all time since release for it to be nerfed down to abyss.

correction and do research some more; veterans asked for no mounts

T.Y.V.M

by the way, mount was released as a marketing tool to boost profit sales....nothing more...same goes for downstate.see>mount cosmetics-skins etc...see market strategy> soon after released>nerfed

@kiwituatara.6053 said:

Looks like Soulbeast still needs nerfs lol.

Return the original evade distance. Return the original speed. I want to roam quicker and get to fights quicker. Fck the QQers who couldn't adapt to the mount meta.

Imho mounts should NOT exist in WvW at all. They are a good "Quality of Life" addition only in PvE mode. I can live with mounts in WvW, I adapted to it and changed my gameplay slightly according to their existence there, but I still do not agree with them exists in WvW.

In the case mounts would not be removed from WvW, I agree with nerfing them to complete uselessness. (Do not nerf them in PvE., only nerf them in WvW)