Wanting to start raiding

I understand that ALOT of people make these threads but in a probably seen twist I already have decided what my raid runner is going to be. I wish to start as a power banner slave warrior.My question is this, going off metabattle which is the more desired banner slave power berserker or base warrior? Both have a solid 5 star for the content, and before I turn one of my warriors into such I just want to know the difference between the two and which would be more useful.

Both: you have two free gear sets on a given character, I would say do both, but I would also recommend that you look at snow crows. I've complained about some of their optimizations, but it's still useful to understand their builds and how they function. They also tend to be a little bit more fine-tuned than meta battle.

There are fights like Largos twins where you don't use banner warr. They're rare, but just letting you know that part of raiding is having alts or gear sets for additional roles. I actually recently built out some DPS gear for my mesmer so I could fill that role if need be (there has always seemed to be enough BS chronos to go around).

Also, if you don't have a static, I recommend NA raid academy. It's a friendly place to learn new content, and you can start your own run if need be by pinging for interest and then pinging for an instructor once you have 6-7 people in forming lobby. When I first tried them I didn't know this was an option and throught I was just waiting around for people to ping me and thought it sucked. It's actually really good if you're willing to ping and form groups.

@Head Kracker.4790 said:I understand that ALOT of people make these threads but in a probably seen twist I already have decided what my raid runner is going to be. I wish to start as a power banner slave warrior.My question is this, going off metabattle which is the more desired banner slave power berserker or base warrior? Both have a solid 5 star for the content, and before I turn one of my warriors into such I just want to know the difference between the two and which would be more useful.

Snowcrows, Meta battle is fine for PvP, but from experience they tend to not be very up to date in PVE stuff... I tend to avoid using their site, since it's also a bit biased in their ratings, which can be misleading.

If you check Snow Crows, you will see at the top of each build how it performs on specific bosses.

In case of Power Banner: https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/warrior/berserker/power%20banner/It's meta on 12 bosses, good on 2 and Unsubstantial/Unsubstantial on the remaining 5

In case of Condi Banner: https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/warrior/berserker/condition%20banner/It's meta on 7 bosses, good on 6 and Unsubstantial/Unsubstantial on the remaining 6 (with 1 being mediocre)

Given the boss difficulty, and thus the bosses you will likely meet first, easy of gearing (berserker gear is cheap and easy to come by) and ease of rotation, I would recommend you get your power banner done first. Then work towards getting the viper gear for the condi build and learn that rotation too.

I would recommend you to get the berserker variant. I never really saw a core banner slave in raids. Start with power and when u like the class/role, start gearing a condi bs, too. That way you cover pretty much all bosses. Another good point why to choose berserker over core: when you don't need to play banner on a boss, you can easily switch to power/condi dps by doing a few clicks and with exactly the same gear. That way you can have a single character with two sets of gear playing four different roles. Have fun starting in raids :)

Core banners is only better if you need additional CC iirc, which is already not a situation that should occur.

Start with power berserker - its either preferred on any given fight and useable even on condition fights (not optimal but if your group cares about that you should go find another group IMO.)

@"Eramonster.2718" said:I'm surprised, PvP not toxic?no, it is not toxic. As I say for spvp better play whit hidden team map say chat.And you not need link li, dhuum tokens, and get kick for unknown reason. You join and play yours game.

Or we have say "you can hide this toxity" and don't feel it. So if I join with hidden chat in raid and try raiding I get insta kick. Feel difference???

@lare.5129 said:

@"Eramonster.2718" said:I'm surprised, PvP not toxic?no, it is not toxic. As I say for spvp better play whit hidden team map say chat.And you not need link li, dhuum tokens, and get kick for unknown reason. You join and play yours game.

Or we have say "you can hide this toxity" and don't feel it. So if I join with hidden chat in raid and try raiding I get insta kick. Feel difference???

If PVP had a kick option, I guarantee you kicking would be 100x more common there than in raids. The flaming and verbal abuse I see in ranked pvp is also way way more toxic than in raids. Never had a raider tell me to die of cancer or kill myself, but thats happened multiple times per season in pvp.

@lare.5129 said:

Try joining a tournament where they want platinum tier 2 or above... there are lovely little badges which you will have to display next to your name and potential screen shots of your current ranked seasons performance before they will let you in the team. Every game mode will have barriers to entry for new people.

@zombyturtle.5980 said:If PVP had a kick option, I guarantee you kicking would be 100x more common there than in raids.ofc yes. But on raid on depend from one person, and this person make rules, and toxity. You can't just block this person and play as common.

The flaming and verbal abuse I see in ranked pvp is also way way more toxic than in raids. Never had a raider tell me to die of cancer or kill myself, but thats happened multiple times per season in pvp.I have map tem party chat in separatly tab, and not use it on spwp, I see only giuld chat. Can I use some tactic on raids? NO. I can not do this. Hen I try raiding I just block all and get content. So willing to start raiding not have good result.

@TPMN.1483 said:Try joining a tournament where they want platinum tier 2 or above... there are lovely little badges which you will have to display next to your name and potential screen shots of your current ranked seasons performance before they will let you in the team. Every game mode will have barriers to entry for new people.:)) I play tournament very common. This is not so toxic as raids. People write p3, then they have silver3, or g1 rank, other g1, silver123 people joined, and play whit others .. Yesterday I play month tournament with common fake p3 (only one player was from p1, others lower). And we win 2 times. And by party lfg info no one was lower than p1 ... And now try this as schema put on raids .. ! This schema not workd for willing players on raids. No way, then you start dps at raid and show 5X lower dps, you get kick. Game over. On tournament that as hostage knwow that kick also disaward them, so thay try gem something like 1 win from 4. We on one boat. So that prevented go till end. On raids. - no disaward, only fast kick and get new. Not for us.

@lare.5129 said:

@zombyturtle.5980 said:If PVP had a kick option, I guarantee you kicking would be 100x more common there than in raids.ofc yes. But on raid on depend from one person, and this person make rules, and toxity. You can't just block this person and play as common.

The flaming and verbal abuse I see in ranked pvp is also way way more toxic than in raids. Never had a raider tell me to die of cancer or kill myself, but thats happened multiple times per season in pvp.I have map tem party chat in separatly tab, and not use it on spwp, I see only giuld chat. Can I use some tactic on raids? NO. I can not do this. Hen I try raiding I just block all and get content. So willing to start raiding not have good result.

You can join public strikes, which are the raid equivalent to hotjoin PVP and turn off chat and do whatever you want. Noone will kick you and you wont be able to see others flame. Have fun.

If you join a tournament group as a roaming thief when they asked for a bunker guard, expect to be kicked very quickly in PVP too.

@zombyturtle.5980 said:You can join public strikes, which are the raid equivalentthis is absolutely not equivalent of raid. We have 3 normal strikes, and 2 toxic. Don't try compare pve legendary set and part of LS.

If you join a tournament group as a roaming thief when they asked for a bunker guard, expect to be kicked very quickly in PVP too.No, and yes. It depend from any factors. But we talk about concept, and don't interested find small detail on abstract example.

@lare.5129 said:

@zombyturtle.5980 said:You can join public strikes, which are the raid equivalentthis is absolutely not equivalent of raid. We have 3 normal strikes, and 2 toxic. Don't try compare pve legendary set and part of LS.

If you join a tournament group as a roaming thief when they asked for a bunker guard, expect to be kicked very quickly in PVP too.No, and yes. It depend from any factors. But we talk about concept, and don't interested find small detail on abstract example.

And Hotjoin PVP isnt the equivalent of tournament play. They have massively different reward structures and play styles, but you are one comparing them.

Its not an abstract example. You join a raid as a dps when the group needs support, you get kicked. You join a tournament group as a roamer when they need a bunker you get kicked. You play awful and fail mechanics in a raid and you get kicked. You play awful in a tournament and cause your team to lose, you get kicked.

If you want to compare game modes, then compare the hardest content in each. Neither will let you join and do whatever, being useless to the group. Only ranked pvp does that, and you can see how much backlash and complaining it gets because of that, not to mention how empty the mode is compared to other parts of the game, and how much flaming and verbal abuse happens on a per game basis.

@zombyturtle.5980 said:You play awful and fail mechanics in a raid and you get kicked. You play awful in a tournament and cause your team to lose, you get kicked.With random pugs ? Do you try it yourself? If you kick player you kick yourself also from all match. On raid it not works.

If you want to compare game modes, then compare the hardest content in each.it nor hardest. We and others guilds others play silver days, and play it chilled and fun. On raid it not works

and how much flaming and verbal abuse happens on a per game basis.hide you chat. problem solved. On raid it not works

@lare.5129 said:

@"TPMN.1483" said:Try joining a tournament where they want platinum tier 2 or above... there are lovely little badges which you will have to display next to your name and potential screen shots of your current ranked seasons performance before they will let you in the team. Every game mode will have barriers to entry for new people.:)) I play tournament very common. This is not so toxic as raids. People write p3, then they have silver3, or g1 rank, other g1, silver123 people joined, and play whit others .. Yesterday I play month tournament with common fake p3 (only one player was from p1, others lower). And we win 2 times. And by party lfg info no one was lower than p1 ... And now try this as schema put on raids .. ! This schema not workd for willing players on raids. No way, then you start dps at raid and show 5X lower dps, you get kick. Game over. On tournament that as hostage knwow that kick also disaward them, so thay try gem something like 1 win from 4. We on one boat. So that prevented go till end. On raids. - no disaward, only fast kick and get new. Not for us.

You do realise that your argument that PvP is less toxic because you can simply disable the chat containing the much increased toxicity, since you can't be kicked in that mode, doesn't really make sense, right?

The only way to enjoy PvP imo from personal experience, especially at Plat 2+ is to either play permanently offline to prevent whispers or block half the leaderboard, or do both.I can't comment on the toxicity levels in Silver or low Gold, but I can say that the higher you climb in PvP the more toxic it gets (due to the increased competitive nature and stakes), meanwhile in PvE content like Raids and Fractals it's usually the middle of the road that's by far the most toxic. The people who think they are good but actually aren't and trying to project blame onto others (although that's often the same reason behind toxic PvP players at any rating).People at the high end of PvE, bar some genuinely elitist exceptions which are usually fairly easy to spot and avoid, are pretty reasonable people who know what they can and cannot do and what to expect from others and how to creatively problem solve as a group should problems arise.

Yet even when you encounter toxicity in either mode, and it is when, not if, it's far more aggressive, personal and persistent in high end PvP than in high end PvE in my experience.Just because you close your eyes and ears and shout "lalalalala" and don't see/hear it with a disabled chat while being unable to get kicked doesn't mean it's not there and the fact that people commonly play PvP without chat/offline/most other players blocked over time is telling.

@Asum.4960 said:You do realise that your argument that PvP is less toxic because you can simply disable the chat containing the much increased toxicity, since you can't be kicked in that mode, doesn't really make sense, right?Can I disable my chat and continue raiding? And if get kick - they also do kick prevent raid for 4h for them also ? NO?

The only way to enjoy PvP imo from personal experience, especially at Plat 2+ is to either play permanently offline to prevent whispers or block half the leaderboard, or do both.yes. Just hide chat. Can we do same on raid for people who wanting start raiding?

Yet even when you encounter toxicity in either mode, and it is when, not if, it's far more aggressive, personal and persistent in high end PvP than in high end PvE in my experience.yes, but on pvp you can skip it. On pve you depend from it. It kill willing to get raids.

@lare.5129 said:

@Asum.4960 said:You do realise that your argument that PvP is less toxic because you can simply disable the chat containing the much increased toxicity, since you can't be kicked in that mode, doesn't really make sense, right?Can I disable my chat and continue raiding? And if get kick - they also do kick prevent raid for 4h for them also ? NO?

The only way to enjoy PvP imo from personal experience, especially at Plat 2+ is to either play permanently offline to prevent whispers or block half the leaderboard, or do both.yes. Just hide chat. Can we do same on raid for people who wanting start raiding?

Yet even when you encounter toxicity in either mode, and it is when, not if, it's far more aggressive, personal and persistent in high end PvP than in high end PvE in my experience.yes, but on pvp
you can skip it.
On pve you depend from it. It kill willing to get raids.

Then at best your point is that due to requiring less coordination and less available player tools to manage groups, it is easier to avoid toxicity by shutting down all channels of communication, not that there is less/no toxicity.

@Asum.4960 said:Then at best your point is that due to requiring less coordination and less available player tools to manage groups, it is easier to avoid toxicity by shutting down all channels of communication, not that there is less/no toxicity.I don't care value if can disable it. On raid I can't. Before start raid people should understand it.