Precursor: Dusk - How long does it take to do the three Twilight Volumes?

Hi GW community,

As the title says. I want to know what the estimate time is to complete all (3) the twilight volumes to obtain the twilight precursor?

Some years ago I started crafting the Twilight creatsword and I stopped just before the precursor part.I hoped to get it in a drop but as for most players I am not this lucky.A few months ago I started playing Guildwars again and I want to pick up the Twilight crafting again. My brother told me about the parts that you can complete to get the precursor.

I don't have that many time to grind since I work so I want to do either two things. Complete the precursor achievement via the Twilight volumes or just buy it of the TP.Do you guys have experience with the precursor volumes? How was it? Was it fun or mostly just grinding? Was it worth and how long did it take?I have seen the Wiki. I hope to hear your personal experience.

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards and thanks forward,Rohkta,

PS: Sorry for my bad English since I am not a native speaker.

I usually always enjoy the collections, but there is usually at least one collection of significant grind (collection 2 normally)

As for how long it takes - that will vary from days, weeks, months depending on your own time and resources. Obviously someone with a lot of gold or a lot of mats stockpiled (which can offset any cost comparisons with buying the precursor itself), will take less time than starting from scratch.

The benefit of it is being able to do it piecemeal. Collection/crafting routes are by and large for those taking their time and in no rush, but also want the guaranteed reward

@"Rohkta.6057" said:I don't have that many time to grind since I work so I want to do either two things. Complete the precursor achievement via the Twilight volumes or just buy it of the TP.Do you guys have experience with the precursor volumes? How was it? Was it fun or mostly just grinding? Was it worth and how long did it take?I have seen the Wiki. I hope to hear your personal experience.

There has not been once where I said:"This was worth the gold that I saved, for any of the T1 precursors (some do not yield that much return)."

I've completed Sunrise (Dusk), Rodgort (Rodgort's Flame), Bolt (Zap) and Flameseeker Prophecies (The Chosen) as T1 precursor collections. Why did I do it? For completions sake and achievement points.

IF you are willing to invest a lot of time, and don't expect to high of a gold save (chances are VERY high you will "short cut" some steps by buying stuff from the trading post at higher prices, the entire process will remain very tedious) then go for the collection. Otherwise, save your sanity and just farm a few hours gold and buy off the TP.

I can usually get it done in a couple days. The longer duration is usually either waiting on events or for fractal dailies to rotate if I am not asking my friends for assisting with those and assuming it isn't one I can solo(can't stand on 2 pressure plates and work on the console for underground facility as an example). The worst is when you have to wait on broken events. :/

For Dusk and Dawn it also depends on how much of the time gated materials you have. If you don't have them then you could spend 90 days just on the Deldrimor Steel Ingots. You could buy those to bypass the gating but that will drastically cut into the cost savings(if any)

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Rohkta.6057" said:I don't have that many time to grind since I work so I want to do either two things. Complete the precursor achievement via the Twilight volumes or just buy it of the TP.Do you guys have experience with the precursor volumes? How was it? Was it fun or mostly just grinding? Was it worth and how long did it take?I have seen the Wiki. I hope to hear your personal experience.

There has not been once where I said:"This was worth the gold that I saved, for any of the T1 precursors (some do not yield that much return)."

I've completed Sunrise (Dusk), Rodgort (Rodgort's Flame), Bolt (Zap) and Flameseeker Prophecies (The Chosen) as T1 precursor collections. Why did I do it? For completions sake and achievement points.

IF you are willing to invest a lot of time, and don't expect to high of a gold save (chances are VERY high you will "short cut" some steps by buying stuff from the trading post at higher prices, the entire process will remain very tedious) then go for the collection. Otherwise, save your sanity and just farm a few hours gold and buy off the TP.

In some cases you even end up having to do more work AND pay more. For some weapons during various times where the collections costed 200%+ compared to just buying.