The wvw mount was slowed down way too much

aandiarie.7195

@"Zaraki.5784" said:Blame all the so-called "wvw veterans" who cried all time since release for it to be nerfed down to abyss.

It's not the WvW veterans, it's the Forumwarrior Gankers. They whine for Arenanet to change the game to suit them, and Arenanet duly oblige. Twas ever thus.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@aandiarie.7195 said:In wvw we were given mounts. (I spent 200 gold on a skin for my mount too.) The mounts were nice to have, but now they were slowed down by anet a while back.

Some people can outrun my mount on foot.

I was wondering if anet could give us back the mounts how they used to be or at least slightly speed them up, give them proper leaps, or something.

It's pretty disappointing to be given a mount for wvw, have it for a while/be happy with it, and then have that taken away. :(

I like my mount. What class outruns you?

Running up the stairs on red map, every class can beat you and in open field Thief can, at the very least.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:Thieves before the mount speed change could outrun warclaw

If so then not near as easily as now. I caught many of them before then mowed them down with my soulbeast. Now I can’t catch them at all.

So, in conclusion: faster mounts mostly just allow easier chase/gank without investing resources in mobility?

The nerf of the mount was a good change. The mount still serves the purpose it was introduced in wvw for, making everyone able to run at the same pase as their zerg buddies, preventing stealth 1shots or other sort of uncoordinated gank, and allows you to avoid most of the fights even without investing anything into mobility. All this while not making it unfair to people who highly invest in mobility, not letting you be able to avoid all fights (since this is a warzone after all) and not making you absurdly mobile without any trade offs, to just enable you to chase/gank people limitlessly as someone above mentioned.

@aandiarie.7195 said:In wvw we were given mounts. (I spent 200 gold on a skin for my mount too.) The mounts were nice to have, but now they were slowed down by anet a while back.

Some people can outrun my mount on foot.

I was wondering if anet could give us back the mounts how they used to be or at least slightly speed them up, give them proper leaps, or something.

It's pretty disappointing to be given a mount for wvw, have it for a while/be happy with it, and then have that taken away. :(

The WvW mount is still to powerful. Still invulnerable for 2 jumps. Still with a huge (in my opinion) HP. And yes still TOO FAST. In my opinion its speed should be lowered to ZERO. Making it a good chair to be used when waiting on spawn. In this way we will have the mount in WvW - as per ANet wish, but in the other hand it will be not in the battle places - as per players wish.

@ASP.8093 said:

If so then not near as easily as now. I caught many of them before then mowed them down with my soulbeast. Now I can’t catch them at all.

So, in conclusion: faster mounts mostly just allow easier chase/gank without investing resources in mobility?

BAM! Nailed it!

@ASP.8093 said:

BAM! Nailed it!

Outside of gank, this is also why some builds don't use warhorn, staffs or things that used to drop swiftness because mounts :3

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:I still do 6k damage on battle maul lol

Back when the player you hit could respond with a 15k instant attack this fell under the radar, but with damage toned down, being able to close the distance and get a free 6k hit while staying immune to (power) damage because of how the mount works is just silly.

I've asked that the damage (and tbh the stomp) be removed from skill 1 since the week the mount was released, and it was never more relevant for it to happen as now.

But hey, we still get to fight 1-2 dragon banners in every engagement, and now we can all relax knowing that Ranger bird pets will shortly no longer be dominating us in WvW.

Also, ganking is a perfectly viable way to play WvW. > @Mil.3562 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:Thief easily outruns the mounts. Enemy or friendly. I can’t keep up with thief’s on foot period... I have full mastery and pop the jump the second it’s ready.

At least not the ones that know how to set up.

Why do you consider this to be a problem?

I consider that a problem too. As for the reasons, read thru OP's posts again. And search for many such topics too.

We are not asking for a buff. We are hopping that ANet would for once listen to the non gankers. OP, WvW veterans are not the ones that asked for the many nerfs, if you read those forum posts carefully before Warclaw was crippled, many were roamers who liked to go solo or form small groups, hide and then jumped on unsuspecting players. They whined and cried the loudest in rhe forum, until today.

At least make the Warclaw's movement faster in our own zone, like before.

Mounts shouldn't be an "avoid all combat when I want" mechanic so im fine with it like hits. IMO mounts weren't nerfed enough, if you ask me the jump shouldn't have an evade tied to it.

If you are not asking for a buff, but you want anet to listen to you so what are you asking for? The mere fact that mounts are in WvW shows that ANet listened to YOU, the "i need to be in my zerg" crowd.

Ganking is a perfectly viable playstyle in wvw, and I enjoy standing between your spawn point and your zerg to try to delay the pugs from reaching their zerg as quickly.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:I don't get these mount complaints. Yes, some classes can keep up with mobility skills, but that wastes cooldowns and you're not immune to CC. It also allows you to open with a 5k opening attack and gap closer. You can ignore a zerg of 30-40 just by dodging through them. That's not good enough?

I mean,. the same people that say the mount are useless are probably the same people that get on it immediately the moment they see an enemy player lol. So you know what? You can disprove me easily of course. Just never use your mount and see how that goes.

To make things worse, the mounts scale with damage modifiers. I've been experimenting using soulbeast and I have hit people for 13-15k on a single dismount.

Looks like Soulbeast still needs nerfs lol.

Return the original evade distance. Return the original speed. I want to roam quicker and get to fights quicker. kitten the QQers who couldn't adapt to the mount meta.

You could do it with other classes as well. E.g. warhorn on warriors. Devs just need to make it so that buffs do not affect mounts. And this includes Aegis on guardians when they're on mounts.

So your mount was taken away? So what you are saying is you don't use it anymore and run on foot everywhere? No? You don't? Hmmm, thats odd.

The mount is still a HUGE advantage in WvW, it is also still used by EVERYONE who has access. It is still blindingly fast, fast enough that only a thief is able to keep you at distance, and he is probably using the mount, but mounting, double dodging, then dismounting once skills can be used, spamming ports/distance closers, then remounting etc etc. Why? Because he is smarter than you and has mobility baked into his build. If you are talking about a friendly, then he has the warclaw speed buff, so he doesn't need to be mounted and can still use mobility skills.

I was playing this weekend and watching people on warclaw, its amazing how clueless these people are on what they have. I was trying to dismount a thief I had been chasing, went for lance, and he dodged it, so I keep following, I see 4 friendlies he is running towards, I think "great, finally someone will dismount him" as mine was still on the looooong ass CD.....He gets close to them and every single one uses battle maul at him.....?!?!?!?!?!? My brain about exploded. I see this more and more, people don't seem to know there is even a dismount skill, I even see it in people running at me, I am just waiting for them to turn or dodge or something, but nope, I dismount and kill in about 10 seconds.

It is still faster then most classes who run mobility outside of maybe thief, most others have (if running mobility) much faster burst mobility, but once on CD the warclaw will catch up. This is why gank groups love the warclaw, one person with mobility can keep up and keep the other in combat so they can't mount, while the others who are not specced into mobility can keep/catch up, and then they all gank you.

You get faster mobility, to fast really for ABLs, as someone said above, as a solo, spending time to cap a camp, run back and forth to build siege, use the siege, often having to counter at least one defender inside a buffed structure, get inside anyway, kill the person, have someone else show up and kill them at lord, only to have the first come back, and over and over again. Before, you killed each once and they didn't have time to get back before you capped. To me, with all those advantages, if you still can't kill the person, they deserve the cap. You also get two free (big) dodges, you get an extra HP bar, you get immunity to ALL CC <!!!!!!! and you get an instant AOE finisher, that is a gap closer that does more dmg than most of my burst skills, as I often get 5-6k hits from it. And you get sniff, something I don't see people use often enough, you are able to track people with it in structures, you can see who might be inside defending, you can see if the other zerg is stacked behind a wall waiting for you to push in, etc etc, its LITERALLY a wall hack.

Thats it people, anet, just turn WvW into a new PvE map, walls/gates are always open, remove PvP from it, and let us ktrain without having anyone bother us! And if you could just insta port us to the next cap after we finish the one we are at, that would be great as well.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

I was playing this weekend and watching people on warclaw, its amazing how clueless these people are on what they have. I was trying to dismount a thief I had been chasing, went for lance, and he dodged it, so I keep following, I see 4 friendlies he is running towards, I think "great, finally someone will dismount him" as mine was still on the looooong kitten CD.....He gets close to them and every single one uses battle maul at him.....?!?!?!?!?!? My brain about exploded. I see this more and more, people don't seem to know there is even a dismount skill, I even see it in people running at me, I am just waiting for them to turn or dodge or something, but nope, I dismount and kill in about 10 seconds.

Some people may not have leveled lance. Come to think about it I would have no idea of the leveling priority myself now. One would probably would want the first 3 levels of gliding and mount. And then I'm wondering why autoloot is even locked to begin with.

@"HAsAsIN.6724" said:usually something is balanced and great in it's vanilla release and people QQ and that something will deteriorate to pure suckiness...

... without waiting things to be settled on its own and to get that something fit the current gameplay.

Waiting for things to be settled on its own? When has that ever done anything?

About those alliances....

Variants of "Wait and See" and "adapt" are generic empty statements because they have no substance, as they can be technically true in any instance while contributing nothing. For example, Anet could shut down WvW indefinitely, and one could still make the point that you just have to wait and see what happens and just trust in their infinite wisdom. Adapt (by playing pve)

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

I was playing this weekend and watching people on warclaw, its amazing how clueless these people are on what they have. I was trying to dismount a thief I had been chasing, went for lance, and he dodged it, so I keep following, I see 4 friendlies he is running towards, I think "great, finally someone will dismount him" as mine was still on the looooong kitten CD.....He gets close to them and every single one uses battle maul at him.....?!?!?!?!?!? My brain about exploded. I see this more and more, people don't seem to know there is even a dismount skill, I even see it in people running at me, I am just waiting for them to turn or dodge or something, but nope, I dismount and kill in about 10 seconds.

Some people may not have leveled lance. Come to think about it I would have no idea of the leveling priority myself now. One would probably would want the first 3 levels of gliding and mount. And then I'm wondering why autoloot is even locked to begin with.

I've seen players throw the Lance at me when I'm dismounted, and battle maul fellow riders.

Sometimes it's like people never read their tooltips.

@LetoII.3782 said:

I've seen players throw the Lance at me when I'm dismounted, and battle maul fellow riders.

Hey well it's a way of hurting you when staying on the mount! You see, people don't want to ever leave it, despite how useless they claim it to be.

@"LetoII.3782" said:I've seen players throw the Lance at me when I'm dismounted, and battle maul fellow riders.

The Lance tickle is a tactic to keep people "in combat," or to pop Aegis before you Maul. Since it doesn't dismount you unless you hit a rider, there's very little downside if you're about to jump off your mount anyway.

@ASP.8093 said:

@"LetoII.3782" said:I've seen players throw the Lance at me when I'm dismounted, and battle maul fellow riders.

The Lance tickle is a tactic to keep people "in combat," or to pop Aegis before you Maul. Since it doesn't dismount you unless you hit a rider, there's very little downside if you're about to jump off your mount anyway.

Indeed, if you don't lance them and they are not in combat, they can mount, leaving them mounted and you unmounted and in combat, since they are in combat, they move slower and you can troll for a while, as the mount has no combat speed. I do this all the time, if you are charging me and don't lance me (when I am on foot), I will wait for maul and mount right away while dodging, resulting in them often times blowing an opening CC or burst as well, then troll around for a second while they blow more CDs trying to dismount me, mind you I have no plans on avoiding the fight, just putting them at a disadvantage because so few know what the mount can do. Which is another reason mounts are stupid and have no place in a competitive mode.