Ranking Each Specialization from best to worst(PvE mostly, PvP/WvW discussion encouraged)

Lily.1935

@Lily.1935 said:

@ASP.8093 said:Waaaay more bosses should have normal boons you can steal/corrupt, imo.

I strongly agree. More mobs we well. It would make necromancer a bit stronger and would put some skills in a position to he more useful. Even if bosses did though, Mesmer's sword auto attack should not remove boons. This trivializes the boon removal other professions bring.

That's silly, imo. Half the classes in the game can rip boons for days with a Sigil of Absorption, so I don't see a reason to hate on lowly old Mind Spike, especially given that it's actually a sizable DPS loss to use it as boon removal. Necromancer rips a ton of boons with minimal resource investment and gets significant value-add from corruption; WvW pretty clearly demonstrates you don't need to neuter the other class' boon counterplay to make necro shine in this capacity already.

@ASP.8093 said:

@ASP.8093 said:Waaaay more bosses should have normal boons you can steal/corrupt, imo.

I strongly agree. More mobs we well. It would make necromancer a bit stronger and would put some skills in a position to he more useful. Even if bosses did though, Mesmer's sword auto attack should not remove boons. This trivializes the boon removal other professions bring.

That's silly, imo. Half the classes in the game can rip boons for days with a Sigil of Absorption, so I don't see a reason to hate on lowly old Mind Spike, especially given that it's actually a sizable DPS loss to use it as boon removal. Necromancer rips a ton of boons with minimal resource investment and gets significant value-add from corruption; WvW pretty clearly demonstrates you don't need to neuter the other class' boon counterplay to make necro shine in this capacity already.

Its at the end of an auto attack that your clones also trigger. They removed the boon corrupt from necromancer's scepter auto. I'm not saying remove boon removal from the sword entirely. It shouldn't be on the auto attack. Any boon a boss might have is trivialized with little effort because of that. I've seen it happen in raids a lot. Boons on bosses are a joke because of chronomancers.