Lag Spike: Desert Highlands

In the event it helps to document lag spikes at specific times in specific instances on specific IPs to help drag down the problem, we're getting them now in a Desert Highlands instance on 52.5.28.96 right now.

Update: Logged out for a few minutes to take care of something IRL and returning to DH, I'm in an instance on 18.210.69.163 and it's working great so far.

5/25 - IP: 35.168.33.139 DH instance was good the first 45 min (5-5:45 am P[s/D]T), but by 6 am (now), it started getting really laggy, and the pets just hid. One raid with 1/10 people in it. So either we packed DH with a bunch of solo players, or the DH instances have lower limits set on them, or there are lots of secret, hidden commanders with big bunches of people roaming around. Which then begs the question: What is going on in DH, I thought PoF (if you read the general forums) is dead? ?

But more importantly: Why DH so laggy? ?

@notebene.3190 said:5/25 - IP: 35.168.33.139 DH instance was good the first 45 min (5-5:45 am P[s/D]T), but by 6 am (now), it started getting really laggy, and the pets just hid. One raid with 1/10 people in it. So either we packed DH with a bunch of solo players, or the DH instances have lower limits set on them, or there are lots of secret, hidden commanders with big bunches of people roaming around. Which then begs the question: What is going on in DH, I thought PoF (if you read the general forums) is dead? ?

Ok, so you get lag sometimes... Things get laggy sometimes... And for a multitude of different reasons, not just on Anet's end. Could be an issue with your pc, your ISP, lots of traffic, server issues...

@Swagger.1459 said:

@notebene.3190 said:5/25 - IP: 35.168.33.139 DH instance was good the first 45 min (5-5:45 am P[s/D]T), but by 6 am (now), it started getting really laggy, and the pets just hid. One raid with 1/10 people in it. So either we packed DH with a bunch of solo players, or the DH instances have lower limits set on them, or there are lots of secret, hidden commanders with big bunches of people roaming around. Which then begs the question: What is going on in DH, I thought PoF (if you read the general forums) is dead? ?

Ok, so you get lag sometimes... Things get laggy sometimes... And for a multitude of different reasons, not just on Anet's end. Could be an issue with your pc, your ISP, lots of traffic, server issues...

I actually started posting because it wasn't only me. Everyone was commenting on it. It's actually been happening a lot lately, in a lot of different places. Not like 'low FPS', but really big pauses and 'catch up' animations, or generally bad skill lag. When it happens, it's never just me. I'd never post if I didn't see anyone else commenting on it (and usually wait until someone else brings it up, not at me asking).

Just thought I'd post the IPs when it happens, in the event it's useful to them. If it's not useful to them, they can tell me. Wasn't looking to confrontational. ?