Directly sell into a lower price (listing) at the TP?

Sounds a bit like a noob question from someon that plays for a long tine already. But I never really traded at the TP a lot. Only small stuff ... when gathering and it was more then my bank (material storage) could hold I sold it directly to the highest listing. No problem. Same for big stacks I had gathered up in the inventory up to 250 (full stack) where thousands at the highest listing were ordering.

Now I just wanted to sell 250 ectos. .I have 750 /750 in bank and the next slot in my inventory would have started cause one stack there was full.

Problem: Selling to the highest sometimes says "x were sold, y are listed at the price and will be sold once a buyer is found". That is okay - for selling to the highest bidder/listing. (Someone might have sold already while my transaction was processed so the other ones get listed instead of sold directly.)

Now I thought ... why not selll to the 2nd or 3rd highest (there are more listed) buy order ... so I can probably sell the full stack at once. (Not too many clicking.)But that does not work. Clicking the box is not working ...

It says "quantity cannot exceed number ordered at this price" when I click at the next lower listing (2nd highest listing) ... even if I change the price a bit lower to match that listing.

Is it even possible to sell to the 2nd and lower orders? I mean ... there is a checkbox so I thought it should be possible. But I did not find a solution. Seems like I need to sell to the first ... then to the 2nd. Which might take more clicks.

Um I'm pretty sure your question is if you can sell all your 750 ecto all at once, with only 1 click, right? The answer is maybe. For example, if a player placed an order of a quantity of 1k, then yea sure, you can sell them all at once, but if at the top of the list is a player who's only buying 1 ecto, then you got to sell then you got to sell the exact quantity that he's requesting, then proceed to the next one and so one until you've sold everything you need to. I hope you'll understand, I'm not very good at explaining things.

I know this is not an answer to your question but why not just make a sell order. You can put the whole stack at once and you will actually get more gold. Win/win. There is always market for most materials, sell orders will sell.

Yes. I know I can make a sell order. This was the other option I had considered. Just curious why it isn't possible to sell to the 2nd highest buy order.I try to explain it a bit better what I meant (maybe I should have made a screenshot lol):

The buy orders are listed as follows:[x] 30 pieces at 18 silver 50 copper[_] 200 pieces 18 silver 49 copper

If I have 150 pieces I want to set the checkbox marker at the 2nd order (with 200)and selling 30 at 18 silver 50 copper + 120 at 18 silver 49 copper ... all in one step. (With 80 left at the buy orders at 18 silver 49 copper.)

Doesn't seem it is possible? (At least after more searching I found people saying it isn't possible.)

Similar with someone that had 250 pieces (he should be able to serve both prices fully and even sell at lower ... or keep 20 in his inventory).

For buying afaik it works ... to buy more than the lowest sell ordre lists (it then just takes additional ones from the next one that is more expensive).

My question then: Why are there checkboxes (as if you could manually check/uncheck them) at the buy orders if you can't sell directly to the lower ones? Or is this just because they also exist for the sell orders (and for buying it is possible to use them) and it would have been too much work to make the interface differently at the left side?

Just felt so weird ... like ... "am I missing something? why can't I use those boxes at the left? I'm playing the game for soo long and I feel like a noob".