Thieves - How do you beat them? Just how?

Vashuddha.1538

@Chips.7968 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:If it's WvW, a lot of people are hacking on permastealth builds because it's hard to report them

Sorry, what??

Lots of hackers afoot because it's largely ignored, and with damage/burst reduced the bads who hack can use their teleport cheats have the time to react and disengage. Before, they'd die before they could activate their stuff. Just two days ago there was a rev which when he would get low on health/begin to massively lose a fight, would teleport all the way back to his spawn during his defense uptime. I made him do this five or six times without losing maybe two or three thousand of my own health.

With stuff like the Deadeye, though, it's really hard to target -> right click profile -> report on a spec which is designed for target breaking and sustained stealth, so legit players can't actually even see if they're hacking in the first place.

All the more reason sustained stealth has to go. Railgun rangers using smokescale/smoke assault and mesmers are doing the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends which kind and what profession you are.I made a post about dead eyes. They are ready if you constantly apply pressure, bring mobility and blocks.Melee weapon thieves, bring traps, marks, etc. Just because you can't see them doesnt mean you can't kill them. Use AoE when they stealth, burst when they are revealed.There are a few really good thief players that play defensively and if you are not set up for high burst, you can't kill but they also wont be able to kill you, esp if you have condi cleanse. If this is the case in wvw, just wp back or slowly move to a camp, sentry, tower, etc. If in pvp, well they are wasting their own time and just move to your teammates and keep capping.

Also as said above, all the disadvantages become apparent after playing as one for a bit so give it a whirl.