New Player (to PvP) Questions

Adzekul.3104

I have asked numerous times in PvP map chat, chat rooms of PvP streamers and received zero answers, and found nothing in the wiki. Sorry to fill up forums with this stuff, but a new players wants to know:

1) What is a League Track? These seem to be part of the Legendary PvP back item collection but there is no info anywhere on what these are.

2) In each of the Legendary back item collection "parts" (parts 1 through 4) there are achievements for playing the classes and getting a certain number of ranked wins. For example "League Ranger - Recruit" and "League Ranger - Veteran" etc. For Part 1, you only need to complete the achievements for 2 of the 9 classes. For parts 2 through 4, you need to complete 3 of 9. Is there any benefit to doing all 9 in part 1? I imagine one could do this to fill time and to learn, or attempt to learn classes. But ranked is surely not the best place to test builds/classes/gear.

Thanks for the answers.

• 1 month later...

1.) Here is an explanation of the League track in case you are still looking for it. If you do play pvp a lot, note the last level (Byzantium) is repeatable and nets you decent gold each time. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_League#rewards2.) I haven't done the achievement in a while, so correct me if I'm wrong. I do believe the achievements for each tier are locked until you finish the previous one, so doing all 9 may not register. Do note for these class achievements that your ranking does not change depending on class. So be prepared for dips in rating if you are gunning for a top ranking spot.

Best of luck!

@"Adzekul.3104" said:I have asked numerous times in PvP map chat, chat rooms of PvP streamers and received zero answers, and found nothing in the wiki. Sorry to fill up forums with this stuff, but a new players wants to know:

1) What is a League Track? These seem to be part of the Legendary PvP back item collection but there is no info anywhere on what these are.

2) In each of the Legendary back item collection "parts" (parts 1 through 4) there are achievements for playing the classes and getting a certain number of ranked wins. For example "League Ranger - Recruit" and "League Ranger - Veteran" etc. For Part 1, you only need to complete the achievements for 2 of the 9 classes. For parts 2 through 4, you need to complete 3 of 9. Is there any benefit to doing all 9 in part 1? I imagine one could do this to fill time and to learn, or attempt to learn classes. But ranked is surely not the best place to test builds/classes/gear.

Thanks for the answers.

You dont get answers cause bots are the big majority in pvp, you will see later when you will be able to distinguish them from humans

Every Ranked game progresses your league track. Just press the pvp icon on top left of your screen and check your progress in the second tab.

It's better to focus on 1 profession at a time for the backpack. Why? It takes a while to learn a new one, but once you do it's easier to get in the zone and win the match. Plus this knowledge will help you fight them when you move on to the next profession.