The Icebrood Saga Continues May 26!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Excursion.9752 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:If emotes are a 'waste of time', and one doesn't care about AP, what is the concern with having them at the end of 37, or however many, achievements?You may want to go over what I said once more. "The most wasted emote so far that ANET devs have worked on is /shiver basically a waste of their time in my honest opinion. " In other words its a "wast of time" for devs to be working on something that a very small player base is achieving.

My problem is that it is taking me away from things I would rather be doing like raiding and WvW. To put it in perspective take what you feel is the worst game mode and make the emote only available there. Now lock it behind 37 tedious achievements. Now don't get me wrong PvE is not the worst I just want you to feel how off putting it is and let the dread set in.

But lets get back on track I'm happy for the new content I just wish that some of the rewards were available for the whole player base. The only prerequisite should be finishing the episode on your account.

Like they locked a specific legendary armor behind raids? Exclusivity in rewards is good and drives interest up.

Now whether the objectives you need ti do are balanced well or not is a diff matter.

Just getting back, after a 2 year layoff due to technical issues ( no computer to play the game on). Only played chapter one of Icebrood Saga so far. Seen the meta event for Jora's Keep. Definitely had some W/W/W and Edge of the Mists game play to it. Found the arrow cart near some of the raven shrines. Memories of defending keeps with arrow carts = fun. From the trailer looks like some of the elements from conquest and other P vs P are going to be installed as well. Just wondering out loud is this the way they are going to test updates to W/W/W and P vs P ? Incorporate new stuff in living story and the ones we hope to keep trickle it into be more permanent parts of the game. Could be the other way, getting more PvE people into W/W/W and Edge of the Mists or P vs P areas. It's a good way to get new blood into those areas. Many people that haven't thought to try something other than PvE may find out there"s a whole new world to explore and start playing. Been playing GW2 since The Dragon Festival or so. Karka Queen was still pretty new. Played GW1 since right around nightfall came out or was coming out.

@thepenmonster.3621 said:

@"GummyBearSummoner.7941" said:I just hope this map isn’t forgotten after a while like the other ones . SW was my favorite map before it got nerfed

If the new map is WvW, but against NPCs, where it goes in circles until the timeout then I can't see it lasting unless the loot is too thick to ignore like DF and Octo. Competitive people like competition specifically because they can prove their superiority over other people. Game AI will not provide them with that. If it has an endpoint like DF and the loot is thick I can see DF depopulating like SW and Istan did simply because this map is the new shiny.

I wonder if "as the commander" we are supporting different partys' methods and side so maybe each color stands for Bangar/Vigil/Steel Warband etc efforts and we can lose some and win others (tug-of-war they mentioned/ or even Connect Four) and maybe this creates some friction for everyone involved hence giving Jormag some stuff to work with psychically.

I have been enjoying season 4 of the Living Story a lot so far. Fantastic map design and really solid writing and story telling. I hope at some point we get a map that shows the exterior of the Eye of the North. It feels like such a shame that this is just this lone outpost in the middle of nowhere. I would also welcome more areas linking together with the explorables from the core game.

I also hope they continue the Lovecraftian approach with Jormag. I love the creepyness of the Bjora Marches map. It is fantastic environmental storytelling.

• 2 weeks later...

@frareanselm.1925 said:Before continuing Icebrood saga fix the issue which the drop of Ceremonial Raven Garb has a droprate of 0.0000001 and theres only one at TP for 7800 gold...

People have been asking to fix the drop chances of the invisible shoe boxes for years and nothing happened.I doubt there will ever be a change towards player-friendliness in those drop chances.Sadly, it's more likely that they'll keep adding such BS in the future.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@frareanselm.1925 said:Before continuing Icebrood saga fix the issue which the drop of Ceremonial Raven Garb has a droprate of 0.0000001 and theres only one at TP for 7800 gold...

People have been asking to fix the drop chances of the invisible shoe boxes for years and nothing happened.I doubt there will ever be a change towards player-friendliness in those drop chances.Sadly, it's more likely that they'll keep adding such BS in the future.

Unfortunately, this is the case.

A pity as it means that we won't be able to complete the raven's armor set. They may as well never have added the chest skin.

Let's hope they don't repeat this with the bear shaman set.