• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"nanomidgy.9180" said:
  1. Option to enable
    standard model in pve
    like it already exists in wvw.

If you set character detail settings to their lowest then players around you will use standard models and not their own skins. This works only for armor, not weapons and back items.

No. It's not the default pink model u are thinking of, if u set model quality to lowest, u cant identify what class and what skill animations they are performing. I'm talking about the stardard character model optin in wvw/pvp, i would like that option for pve too.

@Tiale.2430 said:Let's give some ideas for our amazing devs to sell a good product to us.

• Weapons not locked to Elites.
  • New Elites
  • New Legendaries
  • Dyeable Legendary Weapons and Backs.
  • Tengu, Kodan or Dwarves playable.
  • More slots for Guilds.
  • Outfits in Gem Store as individual pieces.
  • Shortcut to active the outfit.
  • More horizontal leveling diversity.

I want the Tengu race playable, new dungeons, new emotes and fishing!!. And if Kurzick and Luxons are back that would be completely awesome.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Smoosh.2718" said:What is the great push for fishing in games?because this is mainstream. I have fishing in lineage, wow and etc. Why we should not have this in gw2 ?

What would fishing do for this game? In WOW it has a purpose, in Lineage it has a purpose, what purpose aside from being a roleplay mechanic would it -add- to this game for the time investment?

Hi Dante,

Please, read my proposal for Fishing in Cantha here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/106667/very-cool-idea-for-fishing-discipline-in-cantha

Small dream: A few more ranger pets, including a phoenix and maybe a crab.

Big dream: A collection/achievement instance with a library to store collected books, roaming pets and a mount paddock using equipped skins/dyes and the ability to Press F to Pet (possibly with customizable stall plates that would let us name our mounts.), an armory to display weapons and armor (legendary, T3 cultural, and currently equipped, perhaps), and selected achievements or maybe new ones. The library could have a world map or a globe that gets details based off map completing various regions, a portrait gallery with earnable NPC portraits (completing Knight of the Thorn for a Trahearne portrait, personal story for a portrait of the appropriate Order mentor, dungeon runs for the Destiny's Edge crew, maybe some Visions of the Past type things for others). Placeable statues to mark defeating each season's and expansion's big bad and other key achievements and/or some kind of trophy case. A display option for minis.

Basically, I'd like to have a place where I could take my character and get a visual sense of their overall progression, and I'd like to be able to take other people into it, so we can see what our friends have accomplished, and I can send a party invitation to every new player asking in /map what there is to do in the game and drag them in there and show them.

Really big dream: A portrait system that would allow commissioning of portraits of friends (with their consent), with friends (up to 10 total characters, to accommodate static raid teams), with a plain/simple background available for gold, and that would let everyone in a portrait buy in for a copy of their own. Additional backgrounds could be sold for gems, though I'd like to suggest that the gem price stay low to encourage more frequent use. I'd like these to be displayable in either guild halls or the individual achievement instance as outlined above.

There should be a painter available in the open world, probably in whatever safe-city area we visit at the beginning of the new xpack, but it would also make a nice guild hall upgrade option, and as incentive to get the upgrade, it could offer a background matching the guild hall for gold instead of gems, as well. I'm not sure about the logistics of personal vs. guild hall decoration assets.

Caption plates with the option to include character names and date would be nice. The ability to include a brief title would also be nice, but people would probably abuse that, and I'm not sure whether the fact that it would be in limited instances would balance the need for moderation at times. Clicking on a portrait would bring up a larger interface window with a clearer image and the caption plate, but the displayed item would be a lower-res version without readable text. An option to save the bigger version for wallpaper would be nice. Ranger pets equipped at the time of the portrait should be included. I don't know about minis--there are a gajillion of them.

And as a final all-stops wishlist item for this system, I'd like the ability to do a portrait with multiple characters from my account.

Story revolved around over throwing the xenophobic emperor by helping the deep sea dragon that is revealed to have been uncorrupted the entire time near the end of the story by the water dragon's lieutenant Kuunavang. I worry this type of story is no longer allowed because of China.A two phase instance cluster: one kurzick and luxonEach cluster has three 5man single path dungeons and one 10 man raidKurzick raid will involve Urgoz, Luxon will involve Kanaxai.

Can we possibly get a Celestial Legendary Armor that is 100% PVE without forcing people into raids, WVW, PVP, Fractals etc?Bringing back the celestial skins in an ascended weapon chest would be really sick.Also I know that several people including myself have been begging for Cantha since the beginning, but we've also been hoping that the Tengu may one day become playable.

Just some random distant future suggestions to consider. :P

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Turamarth.3248 said:Raids and Fractals are not PVE to you?

Raids to PvE is about as comparable as PvP to WvW. Not very.

Except it is. PvE is Player versus Environment, i.e. content which doesn't involve fighting other players. So yes. Fractals and Raids are PvE, just as much as open world. Facts don't care whether you agree with them or not.

I do agree that PvE should get a legendary mode specific armor set (and backpack / trinket) in the same way as e.g. WvW has but it shouldn't be bound to a specific expansion but an overall participation reward for PvE in general.

@"Bridget Morrigan.1752" said:I just want literally any legendary armor from any acquisition method that has skins I think actually look good. Choice, please."skins I think actually look good" is highly subjective and would require them adding multiple sets of legendary gear for various sub content which I'm not opposed to.

I just feel that very few people can actually jump into raids or t4 fractals.I think it would be pretty cool once Cantha releases to say, tie every world boss or something into making the armor or something.Maybe even making it map currency related but required like 1,000 currency of each of the new maps per piece etc.There are many avenues you could run with that don't involve restrictive content.
You could WVW or PVP only for armor and those armors are the easiest to get imo.But raids? I've tried to get into raids before. Many times. Most people who do them are trolls, elitist jerks and would rather mock you than assist or teach the raids.They are heavily time restricted because guilds usually run raids on a set schedule so then their is that issue as well.Where as in PVP and WVW you can just jump in and cruise, do as you wish and over time earn what you need to craft your armor.Perhaps even add a time consuming repeatable achievement around the Luxon and Kurzick that nets you an item that you need 6 of to craft the full set.Just throwing random ideas out there. You don't have to force people who like only PvE to play the hardest content in the game to get PvE legendary while WvW and PvP is easier to get. I've literally been forced to make the decision to play a game mode I can't stand just to get legendary armor.Besides, the old celestial skins revamped could probably look so nice if done right and as armor.https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gallery_of_Celestial_weapons

@"basil.9532" said:I just feel that very few people can actually jump into raids or t4 fractals.I used to feel this way. I found one of biggest hurdle people have is their own fear in getting in there and trying them. I decided to attack fractals first. Once I got my legendary back piece then went to raids. Now I am 15 kills away from a full set of legendary armor. I used to be upset because I would "never" be able to get these things. Mostly because I heard people are "Toxic" in those area's of the game. And I am not going to lie there is definitely some people that will push your buttons. But most people are understanding and willing to help if you find the right group. The second thing is time. Most people don't have the time it takes to attack these goals. But with our current situation most people have more time than they ever had before!

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@Turamarth.3248 said:Raids and Fractals are not PVE to you?

Raids to PvE is about as comparable as PvP to WvW. Not very.

Except it is. PvE is Player versus Environment, i.e. content which doesn't involve fighting other players. So yes. Fractals and Raids are PvE, just as much as open world. Facts don't care whether you agree with them or not.

You can PvP in Grothmar during the demolition event, or on Bjora if Drakkar fails. Tarir map also has a PvP pre-event. Guess those open world maps don‘t count as PvE anymore, since they involve PvP /shrug

I‘m pretty sure Eloc wanted to differentiate Open World and Raids, not PvE as a whole, even though he used that terminology.

As for the canthan legendary armor: Sure, I just hope the designing part doesn‘t take as long as the first one that ultimately was just for a small % of the playerbase.