Make Agony Infusions account bound

We have been there before. Everyone was forced to grind their trinkets and AR for ages before being able to progress. Your personal level used to matter a lot more and all that. Never stopped anyone from performing terribly in the higher tiers. The entire system was changed for a reason.

Also, are we talking about changing ALL +9/+5 infusions into account bound items? I am sure people are going to be pleased to longer be able to trade the infusions they sunk thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) of gold into, especially if they do not even play Fractals themselves. Removing the AR part off of those infusions might be another option. But then there are those players who ended up buying a set of tradeable infusions like Ghostly Infusions with the intend to use them as a slightly cheaper alternative. Those guys would feel rather ripped off.

In short, too many downsides for such an uncertain outcome.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:(...) so people, who just need an odd AR infusion to infuse some ring or something, have to play fractals, while hating it.

why would people need infusions if they hate fractals and dont want to play them in the first place? the only reason to get AR infusions is if you want to play fractals!if you only need them to infuse rings so you can use stat infusions... dude, you need one single +1 infusion for that. if i wanted to exaggerate i would say its faster to run a quick lvl 1 fractal than buying them from the tp, lol.

Well people are calling me a mean elitist here. Let me tell you something it is not hard for me personally to get a good team and do all my fractals fast. What helps me with that is my guild and my cm KP. Normally KP works well in that. Hell if I am slacking to do cms I could lfg for regular t4s and ask for KP.So just to clarify here it is not about me. I know how to bypass bad players. In the end blocklist exists too.However when I play with a friend that doesn't have any KP, I have to lfg without any KPs and surprisingly end up getting people who say "It is the 1st time I am in this fractal". I don't care about how bad he is. The fact that a person is doing a specific fractal 1st time in tier 4 is problematic. If I were a mean evil elitist person this wouldn't be a problem to me, I would just kick him and never think about making a post like this. But my hands got tired of writing the same thing everyday for years.

1st. Getting a full set of +9ar infusions is not a grind. Doing daily tier 4 fractals IS a grind. And if there were nothing to grind for I would have quitted the game way before. Grinding is the base of any MMO, I have no problem with that anyway. I have never bought any agony infusions until I've decided to go for Mist Attunements and it is only because I've sold many before. And I got many characters geared fully with +9 agony infusions.. All of those were never grinded. You get tons of ar infusions by just patiently playing fractals. Selling those is also another story.

2nd. Why lower tiers is a thing ? Why is there tier 1 2 and 3 ? What is the point of that ?

3rd. If you want mighty infusions nobody forces you to play fractals, you cann get WvW mighty infusions too. They are easier to get.

4th. Raids weren't in the topic.

@Hyrai.8720 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:(...) so people, who just need an odd AR infusion to infuse some ring or something, have to play fractals, while hating it.

why would people need infusions if they hate fractals and dont want to play them in the first place?
the only reason to get AR infusions is if you want to play fractals!
if you only need them to infuse rings so you can use stat infusions... dude, you need one single +1 infusion for that. if i wanted to exaggerate i would say its faster to run a quick lvl 1 fractal than buying them from the tp, lol.

you have half a douzend chars with 3-4 different stat sets, playing around testing stuff etc pp. So you need a lot of attuned+infused rings.

And you need the stat infusions, if you are serious about non-fractal stuff.

So, maybe you should join some hardcore wvw guild. Or hardcore raid guild.

1.: you definitely do not need stat infusions. you're better off learning your rotation rather than throwing money out the window for infusions.2.: if you want to play 6-9 chars with 3-4 builds each, the agony infusions are the least of your problems...

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:you have half a douzend chars with 3-4 different stat sets, playing around testing stuff etc pp. So you need a lot of attuned+infused rings.And you need the stat infusions, if you are serious about non-fractal stuff.Lol that is funny even for me "the evil elitist". No, you don't need stat infusions to be serious. Just believe me you don't. It is a luxury to have, but the minmaxing is too big of a hustle and hardly even noticable. Just for comparison. Full set of mighty infuisons is the same as having 3 stacks of might.So, maybe you should join some hardcore wvw guild. Or hardcore raid guild.Well I can tell you I know some hardcore guilds that got some high requirements, but never seen one that required me to have stat infusions. Especially the "hardcore wvw guild" would rather require you to have wvw infusions not agony ones. It would make more sence right ?Still nothing to do with OP.

@Excursion.9752 said:They just need to show the players AR and Max Fractal Level under character. It wont solve all the problems but it would solve sum for the people that it matters to.

You can already see players personal fractal lvl and AR. The ppls lvl you can see if you hover over any of the fractal lfg tier numbers and the AR you can see once you're inside the lobby or fractal