Why do we keep falling for ANET's bait and switch?

Oh hohoho!...I just can't with this community...

How much selfishness do you people on these forums even have? I'm soooo sorry that you people can't go on for one day without complaining that your precious build isn't as effective as you would like. Have some fucking patience! No no no...don't do this "muh corona" BS. It's called a pandemic. Have some fucking respect for people who got laid off from this or has loved ones to consider. Updates are going to take a while, no matter what happens.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"JTGuevara.9018" said:Oh hohoho!...I just can't with this community...

How much selfishness do you people on these forums even have? I'm soooo sorry that you people can't go on for one day without complaining that your precious build isn't as effective as you would like. Have some kitten patience! No no no...don't do this "muh corona" BS. It's called a pandemic. Have some kitten respect for people who got laid off from this or has loved ones to consider. Updates are going to take a while, no matter what happens.

at least the pandemic gives them an excuse.

How much selfishness do you people on these forums even have? I'm soooo sorry that you people can't go on for one day without complaining that your precious build isn't as effective as you would like. Have some kitten patience! No no no...don't do this "muh corona" BS. It's called a pandemic. Have some kitten respect for people who got laid off from this or has loved ones to consider. Updates are going to take a while, no matter what happens.

And the years before the pandemic? What excuse u gonna throw off em after the pandemic?

Imagine thinking the pandemic has anything to do with this when their update rhythm now is the same as it was for years, and other developers are doing just fine with the pandemic.The developers just don't care about PvP. They gave it a shot back when we had eSports, it didn't work out, so they gave up on it and keep only a skeleton crew around for it.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Drennon.7190" said:How many times over the past 8 years has it been the same song and dance.-"Listen up fans! Huge focus on PvP and WvW coming! We're going to do more frequent updates! Communication is going to improve! Amazing changes inbound."Then what? Remote silence. Drip fed updates with no explanation of buffs, nerfs, what's coming, or their reasoning.

I'm sure someone is going to blame it on COVID, but that doesn't cut it. You don't need to be at an office to log on to the forums and say "hey, things aren't going as planned due to the pandemic, but we're still here."

The only redeeming quality that I can see is how easy it is to PvP vs other MMOs. I don't have to PvE to gear up and I can instantly join on a fresh character with any build. The struggle I have is asking my self, is it worth it?

Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side.

GW2 is the only MMO with serviceable PvP that at least has some dev support. It's the reason I keep coming back. When a better multiplayer ARPG comes out, I'll be there. But right now when you look at other MMOs, GW2 looks pretty kitten good.

I thought Battlerite was better in every way, but it's dead unfortunately. Look at Crucible that just came out - complete trashfire.

Give me a better game, and I'll be there.

Lmao gw2 is literally thee most trash pvp game there is, u are confusing great pvp potential due to combat mechanics with actually good pvp. Though that's easy to do. There far better mmo to play for a better overall experience,few have the pvp potential gw2 has but gw2 doesnt even scratch that potential due to pure lazyness and lack of any REAL support. Support in game modes and fixes are so bad in this game its players form a type of Stockholm syndrome where they complain but when they get scraps they praise anet like gods lmao. The pvp is so bad players get used to the mechanics and have a hard time going to other mmo pvp iterations but instead stay and end up being completely toxic hence all the toxicity in pvp. Gw2 could have been the best pvp experience but it is far from it, have good combat mechanics lending to a potential for great pvp means very little when that fast fluid combat through the years gets dumbed down into literal brainless aoe condi spamming clown fiesta of carry builds that destroy any builds built out of creativity. Yeah theres other mmos which far worse combat mechanics but at least the pvp in it doesnt make u want to delete the game after every third match, gw2 is the king in that regard at least judging from threads/posts on the forums reddit, yes all games/forums suffer from this but the degree gw2 does is significantly honestly higher and it's easy to see that. the skill designers and balance team if I were ncsoft would be gone and names blacklisted, after this many years its absolutely incredible this games survived but in a few pvp matches u can tell the players that left are loving thier time spent lmao. Honestly ncsoft even with lay offs have been very generous with anet. The pve oh the pve is meme worthy on top lol. This mmo is thee meme mmo around mmo circles for a reason.BUT as a casual budget mmo u cant deny its decent at any rate just as long as u know what to expect.

so you don't like toxicity in a PvP game?

Pvp is not a source for $ u know. Anet never focused to pvp or wvw. Aspecially pvp has very few players and most of them playing it only for dailies or achis. GW2 community is kind of ultra casual untalented players. They likes playing easy things, stories and fashion. And Anet did a huge mistake about marging pvp wvw and pve things. like armor, traits, weapons, sigils. So, this is it. Could be bad but never gonna be better.

@Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

How much
selfishness
do you people on these forums even have? I'm soooo sorry that you people can't go on for one day without complaining that your precious build isn't as effective as you would like. Have some kitten patience! No no no...don't do this "muh corona" BS. It's called a
pandemic
. Have some kitten respect for people who got laid off from this or has loved ones to consider. Updates are going to take a while, no matter what happens.

Imagine thinking the pandemic has anything to do with this when their update rhythm now is the same as it was for years, and other developers are doing just fine with the pandemic.The developers just don't care about PvP. They gave it a shot back when we had eSports, it didn't work out, so they gave up on it and keep only a skeleton crew around for it.

Oh is it?

You mean the update rhythm that allows for pvp patches every MONTH since february as opposed to every TWO OR THREE months as it was in the past? Yeah, I did my homework. Come on guys....the information is right there in the patch notes! Stop lying!

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Oh hohoho!...I just can't with this community...

How much
selfishness
do you people on these forums even have? I'm soooo sorry that you people can't go on for one day without complaining that your precious build isn't as effective as you would like. Have some kitten patience! No no no...don't do this "muh corona" BS. It's called a
pandemic
. Have some kitten respect for people who got laid off from this or has loved ones to consider. Updates are going to take a while, no matter what happens.

Oh is it?

You mean the update rhythm that allows for pvp patches every MONTH since february as opposed to every TWO OR THREE months as it was in the past? Yeah, I did my homework. Come on guys....the information is
right
there in the patch notes! Stop lying!

U think adjusting literally a couple of things or less on one or two classes each month after doing a huge lazy blanket power drop balance patch is enough and constitutes efficient and acceptable support of game modes such as pvp and wvw? That's good I guess to keep the bar very very low.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

How much
selfishness
pandemic

Oh is it?

You mean the update rhythm that allows for pvp patches every MONTH since february as opposed to every TWO OR THREE months as it was in the past? Yeah, I did my homework. Come on guys....the information is
right

U think adjusting literally a couple of things or less on one or two classes each month after doing a huge lazy blanket power drop balance patch is enough and constitutes efficient and acceptable support of game modes such as pvp and wvw? That's good I guess to keep the bar very very low.

Yeah...I do.

It's called being realistic.

@Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

How much
selfishness
pandemic

Honestly, chiming in, I really don’t understand why people look back at e-sports days and consider these days like the best. At that time, there was no rework of core trait line, no meaningful balance patches except some minor increase and decrease of cooldowns, no split balance between PvP, WvW and PvE (so good luck getting some meaningful updates), no other game modes except conquest, not much incentive to get some exclusive rewards, no ingame league systems, no legendary rewards and quite a very boring meta let me say imo.

You think PvP is bad right now because there is only a skeleton crew, let me say that before, there was no skeleton to begin with, hence why e-sports incentives failed before. It might have felt more popular before only because the game was relatively new honestly.

After all this, let me say that they seem to care more now than ever before.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

How much
selfishness
pandemic

Oh is it?

right

I mean the amount of posts on the past I saw people asking for more frequent small patches targeting specific overperforming things instead of leaving them for months was huge. But now we are getting them it's a problem?

Guild Wars2 would need it's own PVP focused game if we were gonna see any significant changes for the better that actual competitive gamers can respect.

The only reason I began playing this game is because you don't have to waste your life killing rabbits before you can PVP.

If only more mmorpg's with good combat did this.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

How much
selfishness
pandemic

Oh is it?

right

Yeah...I do.

It's called being
realistic

they did so in the past as well (actually faster), now we have class stacking 3x in monthly and it hasn't even been hotfixed in 3 months yet

it's now been 3 months and a day since last patch and nothing in sights, so sure seems a lot less updates than in the past, in contrary to what they said they wouldthe game is more unbalanced since ever, ofc we prefer some updates soon rather than later

The last patch happened on April 28th :

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/103747/game-update-notes-april-28-2020#latest

That was less than a month ago.

While that patch wasn't huge, it was at least partially targeted at PvP. It's clear that the game mode is being updated. Claims to the contrary are false.

Whether the patches we see are fast enough or large enough are two different questions.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

How much
selfishness
pandemic

Oh is it?

right

I mean the amount of posts on the past I saw people asking for more frequent small patches targeting specific overperforming things instead of leaving them for months was huge. But now we are getting them it's a problem?

Enjoy the patch, I'm sure ull feel the difference over the next while till the next one seeing as it was as significant as it was especially being it shoulda been part of the patch rolled out two patches back.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

Yeah...I do.

It's called being
realistic

I’m curious, you keep telling players to be realistic and that the pandemic has thrown a wrench into things. So be patient and understanding to those affected by it.

But these guys, CMC, Irenio and whoever else is on the team, still have a job. And I guarantee they make more than most of the general public does. Shouldn’t they be thankful and busting their ass while they still have a job? There are millions currently jobless who would love to be in their shoes.

Do you honestly believe that throwing in 7 minor number adjustments is worth of 1 month of work? Keep in mind unless things have changed CMC isn’t even the one changing the numbers, they have a separate “balance” team that makes those changes. He would just be pushing along what to change.

Most people I know bust their ass day and night just to keep their job and yet we go weeks and months with very small changes and people like you pipe up and say, “It’s okay, [insert excuse here]...”.

I’d be curious what you do for a living because I don’t know any place that allows such a slow cadence of “work”. And unless this is a side side side gig for the PvP Dev’s (Hint PvP - it shouldn’t be), I cant fathom how they are okay with their output.

@Roquen.5406 said:

@"JTGuevara.9018" said:

Yeah...I do.

It's called being
realistic

I’m curious, you keep telling players to be realistic and that the pandemic has thrown a wrench into things. So be patient and understanding to those affected by it.

But these guys, CMC, Irenio and whoever else is on the team, still have a job. And I guarantee they make more than most of the general public does. Shouldn’t they be thankful and busting their kitten while they still have a job? There are millions currently jobless who would love to be in their shoes.

Do you honestly believe that throwing in 7 minor number adjustments is worth of 1 month of work? Keep in mind unless things have changed CMC isn’t even the one changing the numbers, they have a separate “balance” team that makes those changes. He would just be pushing along what to change.

Most people I know bust their kitten day and night just to keep their job and yet we go weeks and months with very small changes and people like you pipe up and say, “It’s okay, [insert excuse here]...”.

I’d be curious what you do for a living because I don’t know any place that allows such a slow cadence of “work”. And unless this is a side side side gig for the PvP Dev’s (Hint PvP - it shouldn’t be), I cant fathom how they are okay with their output.

I'm pretty sure this is a side gig for cmc and the team, there's no way one or more people have been focusing on balance as their main job, look at the recent "large" balance pass, its was a blanket power lv drop that consisted of very little if any individual consideration between the classes. It was literally the easiest patch a dev team could drop and the changes over the many months since were very small in numbers and focused on few specs each time in a manner that could have just been one patch, even if the changes were combined it wouldn't have been considered a very big patch. Honestly I think their main focus is expac and other future ventures as was before. They painted a positive picture to keep the revenue coming as best they could after lay offs but I think its players are in for some future disappoints.Gw franchise needs a whole new management and sufficient Capitol to reinvigorate itself from the ground up to be as successful as the now big mmos who it's clear have much larger backing and resources. At least gw3 wouldnt be built on spaghetti code anymore lol.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I'm pretty sure this is a side gig for cmc and the team, there's no way one or more people have been focusing on balance as their main job, look at the recent "large" balance pass, its was a blanket power lv drop that consisted of very little if any individual consideration between the classes. It was literally the easiest patch a dev team could drop and the changes over the many months since were very small in numbers and focused on few specs each time in a manner that could have just been one patch, even if the changes were combined it wouldn't have been considered a very big patch. Honestly I think their main focus is expac and other future ventures as was before. They painted a positive picture to keep the revenue coming as best they could after lay offs but I think its players are in for some future disappoints.Gw franchise needs a whole new management and sufficient Capitol to reinvigorate itself from the ground up to be as successful as the now big mmos who it's clear have much larger backing and resources. At least gw3 wouldnt be built on spaghetti code anymore lol.

Unfortunately, that’s probably exactly how it is. I’m not even sure they have have a game director right now. Pretty sure Mike Z was fired.

I don’t see anything changing. They keep slapping tape over a leaking pipe but eventually it’s going to burst. Their keep quiet, take people off the main team and push them towards the expansion / other projects mentality is the exact thing that led to the layoffs in the first place.

From my perspective they never learn from their mistakes and then shit hits the fan and they go, “oh no how did this happen!?”. It’s a shame really because the game does some things really well but it gets bogged down by the rampant issues that never get addressed.

In the end we (the customers) will leave for a business that better suits our needs.

@Roquen.5406 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:I'm pretty sure this is a side gig for cmc and the team, there's no way one or more people have been focusing on balance as their main job, look at the recent "large" balance pass, its was a blanket power lv drop that consisted of very little if any individual consideration between the classes. It was literally the easiest patch a dev team could drop and the changes over the many months since were very small in numbers and focused on few specs each time in a manner that could have just been one patch, even if the changes were combined it wouldn't have been considered a very big patch. Honestly I think their main focus is expac and other future ventures as was before. They painted a positive picture to keep the revenue coming as best they could after lay offs but I think its players are in for some future disappoints.Gw franchise needs a whole new management and sufficient Capitol to reinvigorate itself from the ground up to be as successful as the now big mmos who it's clear have much larger backing and resources. At least gw3 wouldnt be built on spaghetti code anymore lol.

Unfortunately, that’s probably exactly how it is. I’m not even sure they have have a game director right now. Pretty sure Mike Z was fired.

I don’t see anything changing. They keep slapping tape over a leaking pipe but eventually it’s going to burst. Their keep quiet, take people off the main team and push them towards the expansion / other projects mentality is the exact thing that led to the layoffs in the first place.

From my perspective they never learn from their mistakes and then kitten hits the fan and they go, “oh no how did this happen!?”. It’s a shame really because the game does some things really well but it gets bogged down by the rampant issues that never get addressed.

In the end we (the customers) will leave for a business that better suits our needs.

Well it's still a good budget mmo after everything but for the franchise to actually compete with the big boys like wow,ff14 and eso ncsoft would have to hire a whole different dev team especially management and invest the revenue needed to back the project appropriately. This way the games foundation wouldn't be built on poor coding as well. As it stands the company will throw out a decent expac to make what it can off it but the game will probably get very little developmental support before or after the expac. As it stands the players that have been dedicated and faithfully standing by gw2 all these yrs have developed a Stockholm type situation where they start seeing truths but then anet smartly feeds them a crumb and the players praise them and their efforts no matter how little they were as if they are to blind to see its just crumbs and then shortly after their back to wondering where the development and communication progression is and when things get telling anet throws another crumb out. Their really stringing a lot of people along with very little lol though population is falling throughout but still not as fast ad one would think.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:U think adjusting literally a couple of things or less on one or two classes each month after doing a huge lazy blanket power drop balance patch is enough and constitutes efficient and acceptable support of game modes such as pvp and wvw? That's good I guess to keep the bar very very low.

Yes, constant small adjustments to things that are currently being abused is exactly how you balance PvP. I have no idea what you expect, but it's unrealistic and never going to happen in any game. What anet is currently doing is EXACTLY what people wanted since day1.

Also, the "blanket power drop" is exactly what every top player and veteran wanted for years, and NEEDED to happen. I never expected it, and I'm so amazed they did it. It was the EXACT thing that needed to happen, 2 expacs of power creep was making the game stupid.

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:Guild Wars2 would need it's own PVP focused game if we were gonna see any significant changes for the better that actual competitive gamers can respect.

But it does have it's own pvp focused game? PvP uses it's own rules for nearly everything at this point. Competitive gamers are not the type of people you want playing your MMO PvP, they ruin the game for everyone else.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:U think adjusting literally a couple of things or less on one or two classes each month after doing a huge lazy blanket power drop balance patch is enough and constitutes efficient and acceptable support of game modes such as pvp and wvw? That's good I guess to keep the bar very very low.

Yes, constant small adjustments to things that are currently being abused is exactly how you balance PvP. I have no idea what you expect, but it's unrealistic and never going to happen in any game. What anet is currently doing is EXACTLY what people wanted since day1.

Also, the "blanket power drop" is exactly what every top player and veteran wanted for years, and NEEDED to happen. I never expected it, and I'm so amazed they did it. It was the EXACT thing that needed to happen, 2 expacs of power creep was making the game stupid.

@TeqkOneStylez.8047 said:Guild Wars2 would need it's own PVP focused game if we were gonna see any significant changes for the better that actual competitive gamers can respect.

But it does have it's own pvp focused game? PvP uses it's own rules for nearly everything at this point. Competitive gamers are not the type of people you want playing your MMO PvP, they ruin the game for everyone else.

If u actually think about those few balance updates since the blanket drop can u actually say u think a team even if small focused on these changes couldn't have played for a couple week, come to those conclusions including all of which was in the last few patches and more and gave those changes to the devs to implement them in the time itrook to roll out even the first patch after the big lazy blanket patch?Also the vets wanted a big power lv drop between the classes with each class individually depowercrept through thoughtfully tweaks to individual skills but instead got a huge blanket power drop that even anet knew was lazy and would cause a lot of imbalances, the opposite of desired intentions. Their bandaid fix and response to such a obvious situation was were aware and will do quick fixes as time goes on lol problem is is they are working at less than a snail's pace. Like I said all the changes that have occured since the big patch should have been includes in the first update 3 weeks post big patch. The dev current balance changes and the frequency are far from efficient and are not even close to acceptable. I'm sry but again look at passive traits still on 5 min CD over half year later lol wtf. Anyway ur expectations from a mmo company are far from where mine are at and this is thee only one of the three I play I feel remotely close to this way. No devs are perfect but lol wow.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

How do they ruin it? Why does the point of it being an MMO matter? And as long as the design team ''designs'' for PVE, then PVP is going to continually get screwed over and over like it already has been multiple times. All the PVP balance team can do is change numbers, when the problems that often need addressing are design problems. Which is why it needs its own game and an actual dedicated full team that has a real interest.

But that is not going to happen. I'm basically saying PVP is over but they're lucky the whole MMORPG genre is slippin up right now because people are ready to abandon ship as soon as one of these ''new releases'' does it good enough.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Yes, constant small adjustments to things that are currently being abused is exactly how you balance PvP. I have no idea what you expect, but it's unrealistic and never going to happen in any game. What anet is currently doing is EXACTLY what people wanted since day1.

You call 5 lines of number changes per month constant? And that more than that doesn't happen in any game? League dishes out larger balance patches near weekly, with hotfixes in between for the outliers. Hell even FFXIV probably gives updates to PvP in a more reasonable pace than this.

@"JTGuevara.9018" said:You mean the update rhythm that allows for pvp patches every MONTH since february as opposed to every TWO OR THREE months as it was in the past? Yeah, I did my homework. Come on guys....the information is right there in the patch notes! Stop lying!

Ok dude I'mma be honest with you, I'm a developer and if I went to my boss and said "in this month of work I changed 7 numbers and removed 7 vfx" I'd be fired on the spot.That's not a balance patch, that's 1 literal hour of work, one of those things you could instadeploy in production without even testing, that's how "minor" it is.