May 26 changes necro only

Axl.8924

NecromancerNecrotic Slash: Removed unnecessary hit effects on the necromancer when they successfully strike an enemy.Necrotic Stab: Removed unnecessary hit effects on the necromancer when they successfully strike an enemy.Necrotic Bite: Removed unnecessary hit effects on the necromancer when they successfully strike an enemy.Life Rend: Removed unnecessary hit effects on the necromancer when they successfully strike an enemy.Life Slash: Removed unnecessary hit effects on the necromancer when they successfully strike an enemy.Dusk Strike: Removed unnecessary hit effects on the necromancer when they successfully strike an enemy.Fading Twilight: Removed unnecessary hit effects on the necromancer when they successfully strike an enemy.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:What does it mean exactly?Edit: Nevermind, just a special effect removal.

I was waiting for the inevitable necro forum whining and then people's realization that it is a visual effect change. :p

Ah it depends there weren't any really incompetent changes done.

If anet had decided for instance to delete terror and Nerfing the dmg completely neutering reaper shroud dmg, then yes there would be tons of whining including from me

@Axl.8924 said:

@Methuselah.4376 said:What does it mean exactly?Edit: Nevermind, just a special effect removal.

I was waiting for the inevitable necro forum whining and then people's realization that it is a visual effect change. :p

If anet had decided for instance to delete terror and Nerfing the dmg completely neutering reaper shroud dmg, then yes there would be tons of whining including from me

Why would anyone nerf terror?

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Cause people whining about fear itself and terror.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Cause people whining about fear itself and terror.

Can only be bad people, but I don't mind loosing terror and instead gaining dmg elsewhere

I can understand dagger, and gs, but ax? Because ax has no projectile, it is now just phantom damage.Another effect, legendaries like frostfang no longer have the ice strike effect. I would not mind but necros appear to be the only class that legendary effects are being removed. First it was gs5 removing its effects, now it is ax 1 and 2.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

@Orack.9756 said:Is it really just visual ? Or the animation removal gonna make the chain a bit faster ?I hoped that would be the case but no, just visual removal. Which is a shame, cause I personally liked the visual.

So why change it? I mean anyone can list a dozen or so 'small' fixes that really need to happen in this game (my vote: allow us to block text and copy/paste from the chat box), but instead they spend development hours on something that does nothing? I don't care if this was coded during a 30min hotpocket break, those 30 minutes could have been spent to do something that actually changes the game.

When you realise that some "unnecessary effects" lasted 8 years in the game... Honestly, how much time and effort were dedicated to removing those "unnecessary effects"? Was it necessary to remove them? I agree with Turkeyspit, even taking the time to list those "change" in the patch not wasn't worth it. They could have just said: "cleaned up some visual effects" and left it like that.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:When you realise that some "unnecessary effects" lasted 8 years in the game... Honestly, how much time and effort were dedicated to removing those "unnecessary effects"? Was it necessary to remove them? I agree with Turkeyspit, even taking the time to list those "change" in the patch not wasn't worth it. They could have just said: "cleaned up some visual effects" and left it like that.

Current PvP crowd is confused by splashy effects applied by Necromancers to indicate they are hit. Arenanet is fixing this.

@Anchoku.8142 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:When you realise that some "unnecessary effects" lasted 8 years in the game... Honestly, how much time and effort were dedicated to removing those "unnecessary effects"? Was it necessary to remove them? I agree with Turkeyspit, even taking the time to list those "change" in the patch not wasn't worth it. They could have just said: "cleaned up some visual effects" and left it like that.

Current PvP crowd is confused by splashy effects applied by Necromancers to indicate they are hit. Arenanet is fixing this.

Imagine someone being confused about necro dagger autoattack splashing effect.LoL

As if you ever see someone auto attacking with dagger infight. Maybe to cleave downs, but that's it.

@Nimon.7840 said:

Imagine someone being confused about necro dagger autoattack splashing effect.LoL

As if you ever see someone auto attacking with dagger infight. Maybe to cleave downs, but that's it.

Not even, considering how superior Greatsword is for cleaving downs with Gravedigger.

@Methuselah.4376 said:

Not even, considering how superior Greatsword is for cleaving downs with Gravedigger.

Oh yeah. Forgot that xDBut to build up lifeforce auto attacking with daggers is pretty effective. Just not in pvp :D