Sell Emblems of the Avenger for other WvW currency?

If you're like me and semi-seriously do WvW on any semblance of regular basis, you probably also have a number of the Emblem of the Avenger sitting in your bank. Or you did, but you deleted them. The sheer number of player kills you do in a squad ensures you get a bunch of them, and they do nothing but sit there unless you plan on making untold numbers of Conflux.

The idea: the Skirmish vendor that sells the triumphant hero/mistforged hero armour/weapons also allows you to trade in your vast numbers of emblems for WvW currencies. As each emblem is 100 kills, it should trade for half that.

So,1 Emblem = 50 Memories of Battle, OR 50 Badges of Honor, OR either 50 of the Heroic tokens, OR 50 skirmishing tickets. Or maybe even a jug of karma, or reward track boost for whatever.

This ensures that even the most diehard players of WvW can trade the surplus for something useful to them. All I know is that I personally won't be evolving 10+ Slumbering Conflux to the ball-wielding full Conflux.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about the numbers proposed in the OP, for a start I don't think 50 skirmish tickets is equal to 50 badges of honour, badges are much, much easier to obtain so it should give more badges than tickets (and I'd probably suggest reducing the number of tickets rather than increasing the badges).

But I absolutely agree that it would be better to have something to do with these other than store them indefinitely or delete them. Even if it was just the option to sell it for 30 silver like the legendary spike. Destroying them is annoying, and it feels like a real waste to destroy what's supposed to be a good drop, but like the OP I'm unlikely to ever use them, certainly not all the ones I can get.

(Sometimes I wish newer legendary collecitons worked like the weapons where you can't get the drops until you choose to activate the collection. I've got all these odd bits of different legendary collections from raids, WvW and probably other places which I don't want to get rid of, just in case I decide to use them, but for now they're just taking up space. I suppose the point is to encourage us to make the legendaries, but it's kind of annoying.)

I agree that I may have been over-ambitious with the high values of the currencies. Hell, I would even take a coin value at this point. I just don't have a need for the extensive amounts of them I've got and will continue to get. Plus I would rather be able to trade the surplus than just delete them.

• 2 weeks later...

@mindcircus.1506 said:I would rather some kind of rewards we can use them as currency for... some new weapon skins... something really high quality... charge me 100 Emblems each.Either that or let me vendor them for a gold each. Would go a long way to putting some profit in the game mode.

Love, love, LOVE the idea of trading in large amounts for unique skins.

I agree, I dont have any plans to go after any legendary trinkets (not until you can turn off all their ugly effects) and I don't like very limited use items especially common ones that just end up getting stockpiled in massive numbers reasonably quickly.

Bottles of Airship Oil and the other HoT mats like it are another big offender to this too.. they just pile up rapidly and you can't sell them or trade them so im constantly deleting them and it's very annoying.Make em useful or allow us to sell or trade them for something else.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@lare.5129 said:this is good kp for strikes. So there is no any big problem.Lol.... WvW KPs for Strikes?

If they release a strike mission that requires 49 players to stay on a single tag, yeah, would be a great source of KP :lol:I can just see the demands for a GoB to drop

Well, as of Tuesday we have a WvW style map in PvE, complete with rams and ballistas, so never say never I guess lol

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@lare.5129 said:this is good kp for strikes. So there is no any big problem.Lol.... WvW KPs for Strikes?

If they release a strike mission that requires 49 players to stay on a single tag, yeah, would be a great source of KP :lol:I can just see the demands for a GoB to drop

Well, as of Tuesday we have a WvW style map in PvE, complete with rams and ballistas, so never say never I guess lolI dunno.... I really enjoy the map and everything but it just doesnt really feel like WvW to me unless there's some blowhard on discord telling me to empower and a half dozen forum threads complaining about having to actually play it to get the rewards.