Reaching 36k AP. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

Reaching 36k AP.

Given the fact 15k AP cap is for dailies, atm i have 27k AP, and one of my main goals is to reach 36k to get Hellfire armor. And still 9k AP to go is still alot, especially that daily AP is out of this. Seen many players with over 36k AP, so what's their story, what exactly did they focused on and managed to reach that?
Also, Anet didn't mentioned anywhere that they might plan to remove the daily AP cap in future?

Comments

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @NEOCROM.8957 said:
    Given the fact 15k AP cap is for dailies, atm i have 27k AP, and one of my main goals is to reach 36k to get Hellfire armor. And still 9k AP to go is still alot, especially that daily AP is out of this. Seen many players with over 36k AP, so what's their story, what exactly did they focused on and managed to reach that?

    Your best bet is to use GW2efficiency to monitor which achievements you are lacking. If you PvE a lot, but don't sPvp or WvW, I can already tell you that you will be lacking a ton of achievement points from those 2 game modes.

    @NEOCROM.8957 said:
    Also, Anet didn't mentioned anywhere that they might plan to remove the daily AP cap in future?

    Not so far, no.

  • Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2020

    It's also important since when your playing. If you missed e.g. LS1 you missed a lot AP.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/88ln8z/history_of_possible_ap_gain_in_pictures_and/

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @NEOCROM.8957 said:
    Also, Anet didn't mentioned anywhere that they might plan to remove the daily AP cap in future?

    Not so far, no.

    See also https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/102706/please-extend-the-daily-achievment-point-limit

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2020

    @Dayra.7405 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @NEOCROM.8957 said:
    Also, Anet didn't mentioned anywhere that they might plan to remove the daily AP cap in future?

    Not so far, no.

    See also https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/102706/please-extend-the-daily-achievment-point-limit

    The question was: has there been any official announcement as to AP and intentions to increase this. The answer to that is a simple: No.

    There have been dozens and more threads over the years about this issue, your latest being nothing new.

  • Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭✭

    With "See also" I simply meant, see a recent discussion of this topic.
    And yeah, not only ANet did not anounced anything, also a not small amount of player is against it.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dayra.7405 said:
    With "See also" I simply meant, see a recent discussion of this topic.
    And yeah, not only ANet did not anounced anything, also a not small amount of player is against it.

    Ah, okay I misunderstood. My bad then.

    @TC, to summarize: the topic comes up regularly. There are valid pro's and con's for lifting and keeping the limit in place. Occasionally this issue will get linked with another AP issue: lack of access to past achievement points which are not available any longer, most notably Season 1. No, the developers have not made any indication as to what their plans are.

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2020

    @NEOCROM.8957 said:
    Given the fact 15k AP cap is for dailies, atm i have 27k AP, and one of my main goals is to reach 36k to get Hellfire armor. And still 9k AP to go is still alot, especially that daily AP is out of this. Seen many players with over 36k AP, so what's their story, what exactly did they focused on and managed to reach that?
    Also, Anet didn't mentioned anywhere that they might plan to remove the daily AP cap in future?

    The best way to reach high numbers of AP is by spreading out and finish a variety of content. The expansions and the seasons will give you most of what you need (and the daily cap of course). But most important advice I can you is to make this a very long term goal. It's not something you will reach any time soon.

    The current maximum is 43.3k but that's for players who have everything unlocked

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    https://gw2ap.com/ is pretty useful for determining "most points for least effort"

  • crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @NEOCROM.8957 said:
    Given the fact 15k AP cap is for dailies, atm i have 27k AP, and one of my main goals is to reach 36k to get Hellfire armor. And still 9k AP to go is still alot, especially that daily AP is out of this. Seen many players with over 36k AP, so what's their story, what exactly did they focused on and managed to reach that?
    Also, Anet didn't mentioned anywhere that they might plan to remove the daily AP cap in future?

    The best way to reach high numbers of AP is by spreading out and finish a variety of content. The expansions and the seasons will give you most of what you need (and the daily cap of course). But most important advice I can you is to make this a very long term goal. It's not something you will reach any time soon.

    The current maximum is 43.3k but that's for players who have everything unlocked

    There are quite a lot of retired achievements that cannot be obtained, require you to having played GW2 since launch without taking a big break from the game

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The one's up there played all 7+ years no breaks. Play every mode. Do all crazy one's like crab toss sanctum sprint survivor etc. Never missed a holiday or the things that got removed or you can't access anymore. Play gw1 for those 400. Have collections like precursor/black lion. I took 4 years off and at 32.6 so finding anything is impossible w/o gold or forever attached. Pvp is quite a bit if you haven't done that because you can progress thru daily rooms for wins ranks w no que and no fighting basically. You wait for new content and the 50ap from holidays repeatable.

    Too many Karen's. Too much inconsistent moderation. Delete my forum account like I asked. TY

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2020

    @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @NEOCROM.8957 said:
    Given the fact 15k AP cap is for dailies, atm i have 27k AP, and one of my main goals is to reach 36k to get Hellfire armor. And still 9k AP to go is still alot, especially that daily AP is out of this. Seen many players with over 36k AP, so what's their story, what exactly did they focused on and managed to reach that?
    Also, Anet didn't mentioned anywhere that they might plan to remove the daily AP cap in future?

    The best way to reach high numbers of AP is by spreading out and finish a variety of content. The expansions and the seasons will give you most of what you need (and the daily cap of course). But most important advice I can you is to make this a very long term goal. It's not something you will reach any time soon.

    The current maximum is 43.3k but that's for players who have everything unlocked

    There are quite a lot of retired achievements that cannot be obtained, require you to having played GW2 since launch without taking a big break from the game

    True, but you don't need any of those to reach the 36k AP the OP is asking for. Current maximum is 43.3k, "missing achievements" are about 5.9k meaning the OP has about 1.4k AP that they can completely ignore to reach their goal of 36k.

    Also, something I missed, @NEOCROM.8957 you need "only" 30k to complete your first AP armor, at 30k you get the first chest and at 36k the second chest, so by 30k you will have one of the two entire sets, meaning you are much closer than you think (3k more!) to completing your achievement armor set.

    Good luck!

  • NEOCROM.8957NEOCROM.8957 Member ✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @crepuscular.9047 said:

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @NEOCROM.8957 said:
    Given the fact 15k AP cap is for dailies, atm i have 27k AP, and one of my main goals is to reach 36k to get Hellfire armor. And still 9k AP to go is still alot, especially that daily AP is out of this. Seen many players with over 36k AP, so what's their story, what exactly did they focused on and managed to reach that?
    Also, Anet didn't mentioned anywhere that they might plan to remove the daily AP cap in future?

    The best way to reach high numbers of AP is by spreading out and finish a variety of content. The expansions and the seasons will give you most of what you need (and the daily cap of course). But most important advice I can you is to make this a very long term goal. It's not something you will reach any time soon.

    The current maximum is 43.3k but that's for players who have everything unlocked

    There are quite a lot of retired achievements that cannot be obtained, require you to having played GW2 since launch without taking a big break from the game

    True, but you don't need any of those to reach the 36k AP the OP is asking for. Current maximum is 43.3k, "missing achievements" are about 5.9k meaning the OP has about 1.4k AP that they can completely ignore to reach their goal of 36k.

    Also, something I missed, @NEOCROM.8957 you need "only" 30k to complete your first AP armor, at 30k you get the first chest and at 36k the second chest, so by 30k you will have one of the two entire sets, meaning you are much closer than you think (3k more!) to completing your achievement armor set.

    Good luck!

    Isn't the chosing between radiant and hellfire each time? I mean, if you choose now hellfire, next time your only option will be radiant. Same for 27k and 30k. At 27k i choose hellfire leggings, so at 30k won't be the radiant?

  • Ronan.9518Ronan.9518 Member ✭✭✭

    You can use this as reference to see what you get for which AP treshold.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_point_rewards

    Note that the list is continued beyond the max AP obtainable at this point.
    And as far as i know, those rewards that we can't even get yet were never officially confirmed.