The Special Mission Documents shoulda been made untradeable instead of removing the 2k Karma faucet

Wanze.8410

I can understand that the way Anet implemented the special mission documents originally had to be adjusted because as they are tradeable, you could basically buy karma with gold, which defeats its intended purpose of being the main account bound currency in the game.

Yesterday before the patch, I was getting buy orders filled for an average of 15s, which adds up to price of 75g for 1 million karma, which I think we can all agree on is quite cheap, considering the amount of weeks it would take you to farm this kind of karma normally.

A legit question would be now why have these documents implemented in the first place?

Just have the 40 special missions available right away like regular achievements.

But I think the original karma faucet of 2k per excess document is kinda required in this zone and its removal surely will lower the average karma gain per completed meta quite a bit.

Why is this a problem?

Because there is a significant karma sink in this episode, which is the Tengu Weapon collection.

Each recipe costs 35k karma, so its 560k karma for the whole collection.

And I can see this becoming a huge bottleneck now for newer players who dont have a lot of excess karma stored because it will take significantly longer to earn this amount of karma on the map without the extra faucet from the documents.

@Wanze.8410 said:Each recipe costs 35k karma, so its 560k karma for the whole collection.And I can see this becoming a huge bottleneck now for newer players who dont have a lot of excess karma

there is no any bottleneck. All weapons can buy on TP.Price 10-15 gold only. Ans will drop by mats coast. Solved.

@lare.5129 said:

@Wanze.8410 said:Each recipe costs 35k karma, so its 560k karma for the whole collection.And I can see this becoming a huge bottleneck now for newer players who dont have a lot of excess karma

there is no any bottleneck. All weapons can buy on TP.Price 10-15 gold only. Ans will drop by mats coast. Solved.

There is also a collection achievement for the recipes not only the weapons and considering the Tengu vendor has a third tab called Tengu Relics and the Weapon Collection giving 20 slot Tengu inventory bags and Draconic Lodestones as tiered rewards tells me that there is still content to be unlocked that we dont know about.

@Wanze.8410 said:There is also a collection achievement for the recipes not only the weapons and considering the Tengu vendor has a third tab called Tengu Relics and the Weapon Collection giving 20 slot Tengu inventory bags and Draconic Lodestones as tiered rewards tells me that there is still content to be unlocked that we dont know about.? so first we need unlock, and only after that start panic. Try keep order :)

@lare.5129 said:

@Wanze.8410 said:There is also a collection achievement for the recipes not only the weapons and considering the Tengu vendor has a third tab called Tengu Relics and the Weapon Collection giving 20 slot Tengu inventory bags and Draconic Lodestones as tiered rewards tells me that there is still content to be unlocked that we dont know about.? so first we need unlock, and only after that start panic. Try keep order :)

I just finished the weapon collection to see if I unlock anything with it but nothing happened. I now have a 20 slot Tengu inventory bag but no idea how to upgrade it, guess those recipes will unlock once you finish the wepon recipe collection

My suggestion would be to make them consumable for charr commendations. As they are now, 5s vendor value feels kinda crummy and they just take up space in the inventory. The fact they have to intentionally be sold to merchants and don't count as "junk" items furthers the annoyance.

5s vendor value in this game is pretty good, most of the junk/vendor trash you get is just worth copper, after all.

But I'd have preferred if it was account bound and gave some karma like originally intended (if they wanted to nerf the amount of karma for whatever reason then OK, fine). Sure, karma builds up constantly but it's kinda difficult to farm quickly and karma is this season's "special" currency (it's like unbound and volatile magic in the previous seasons): I've probably spent a couple of million in the Icebrood Saga so having a good source of additional karma was great... while it lasted.