Suggestion to Anet about Cold War

In the Cold War strike, final boss has a mechanic that makes a player deal damage to everyone around themselfs upon hitting the boss every 2 seconds. With players stacking, this creates a massive downed/revive fest. I can see this mechanic create a very interesting fight, making ppl keep distance a bit, and not stack, and I believe this was the intention. Problem is that there is near to no punishment for getting downed, everyone can super easily revive you.

I think if a new mechanic was added, that created some form of punishment for getting downed during this boss phase, for example getting some longer lasting debuff, or any other form of punishment, it would insetify more tactics from the teams, and make for a much more interesting boss fight.

Has the mission been fixed then? When I tried, you couldn't gather players or grab the mastery buff. Instead it just started a few seconds in, randomly throwing in a new player as they joined who then insta died. That then went on a loop that was hard to break out of.

It's not a new mechanic and I think anything that penalizes ressing will just result in stacking barrier or blood scourges.

The only way for a split team dynamic to work well is if there's 2 separate targets that can't be pulled (Voice + Claw you can epi bounce) which require killing/CC at same time to hit the boss. You see that at Vabbi's Serpent's Ire.

I feel this mechanic should have a clear visual indicator, other than the entire party suddenly being dead. I don't think it is entirely fair the way it is implemented now. I have been in several pugs that would repeatedly wipe, without having any clue what was going on. I can explain it to them of course, but I shouldn't have to.

this strike is only small part inside some LS part, so I suggest not prioritize this at all. Also, becuase this have tie wiht LS where we have many roleplay players I see only one way to possible changes - nerf boss's damage and hp value.

@Mad Queen Malafide.7512 said:I feel this mechanic should have a clear visual indicator, other than the entire party suddenly being dead. I don't think it is entirely fair the way it is implemented now. I have been in several pugs that would repeatedly wipe, without having any clue what was going on. I can explain it to them of course, but I shouldn't have to.Did notice there's a skill mechanic growing red circle (similar to Whisper's ice shards but slightly smaller) with a Charr appearing and Slashing around briefly (similar to Malice during stealthed story). Not sure if its the same skill we're talking but did take significant damage from it. If it is, could it be UI skill display settings?

@Mad Queen Malafide.7512 said:I have never seen that red circle, and my settings are set to show all effects. But maybe that's the issue? All groups stack on top of that boss and spam attacks, obscuring any subtle effect that might be there. Maybe they should make it not so subtle so that you can actually see it on top of all the effect spam.

The problem is usualy the first red circles come when you get a big green circle aswell so all stack and get hit by the overlaping red ones.You need to split and then have 3 in the green that stay at edges of green and dont stack.

Since it dont do that later in the fight I think anet messed up with the skill activation somehow.