Positive and negative feedback's list.

Nebilim.5127

POSITIVE

1. The new map is amazingly beautiful.It is no surprise that Anet once again nailed a good looking map, every new LS keeps getting better and better. The current map is full of details, vivid in color and it is a fun way to explore.Both the sound and graphic design team all need to get a huge raise because they carry this game A LOT.

2.WvW mechanic was a refreshing change of pace.

3.The rewards are increasingly getting better than the rng fiesta or almost non existent from past content. I love skins.

4.Even without voice the story and characters still all deliver the best they can, it isn't perfect but it it is a big improvement from what i been seeing in the past.

NEGATIVE

1. Inventory Clutter.Holy shit, what HAPPENED?!Secret missions, salvage items that you need to click for some reasons, the return of bag of green items which i thought was gone for good. God no...someone need to take a look at this, because this map is choking the life out of my bags.

2. Map is too easy but it is getting there.This is a tricky line, i feel the map has a good amount of difficulty but there is 0 pressure from some events. It doesn't ever feel like they can push back on taking the map unless there is no one in the map. Some of the events at least need to be scaled up to throw more champions at us, because they are dying too fast, and only spawning vets at best.

3. The whole siege feels bad to use.It needs a very good balance pass and revision. Why do we use map currency to fix shitty tents or walls? And a lot of it for that matter. It feels they barely matter in the grand scheme of things, so everything is burning and destroyed because i rather spend them in the vendor. Give us an event to fix them instead, or give some supply deposit where we can pick a hammer or something to fix them like how Bjorr did. Going back to point 2, MAKE THEM MATTER to hold a position, a ballista does a whooping 1200 damage to an enemy. Maybe make them be able to hit copters, or something.

POSITIVE

1. @"Nebilim.5127" completely accented with you on POSITIVE side.

2. The fight against a part of the war troop at the end of the meta-event + the search for the chests is really nice especially in skyscale on a beautiful map.

3. To have thought about their player and released the episode without sound, even if it is sorely lacking.

NEGATIVE

1. Mounts on this MapWhat disappointed me the most is that the whole weapon side of the seats is annihilated by the Springer, griffon and skyscraper mounts.There's no point in putting down a ram or anything just for success.They should have added a shield so we couldn't get into the enemy camp. We can justify it by members of the flame legion who deserted.If you kill the chaar or the effigy or the generator inside the shield breaks and you can use your mounts.Flying mines that kill instantly.A dismount via repulsor sonar from the Iron Legion ....There are plenty of ways to force players to use rams, catapults and the like instead of just jumping / flying over barricades, gates and the like.

1. MasteryIt is completely useless, they made a McM style map and they could have updated the Warclaw, at least in PvE.

2. StoryWe killed dragons and gods, we do oneshot by bangar in episode 2 and now we're going to deal with a chaar revolt.But that's not our concern!We get thrown in the middle of nowhere with no connection to another nearby map.If you want us to really do this story, make us embody rythlock or crecia, which they are concerned.We, as the commander of the pact, have no business being here.

Sorry, I'm not English, I'm trying YODA mode.

Story: 5.5/10

Maybe its the lack of VA but nothing crazy happend or really new information etc.

Map: 9/10.

Love it.

Meta: 8.5/10

Cant really complain here.

New Strike: 7/10.

Not to hard but you can fail it. Rewards look good.

Negatives:

The champ train after the Meta is horrible.The one in Dragonstand was waaaaaay better.

Champs spawned in a line you could follow and not randomly around the map.

Champs dropped keys which they dont do in Drizzlewood.

Champs needed some time to kill. Now they drop so fast, many people dont make it to them.

Icons are small and sometimes the time you need to find where the champ is on the map is enough to miss it.

Lets also add difficult terain even with mounts.

Dragonstand was a fastpaced rush.

Drizzle wood is annoying chaos.

Honestly, I'm not seeing the charm of it. The map itself is good, but the overall meta design... I dont see how its anywhere near the loot farm of dragonfall so I fully expect drizzlewood to be abandoned within the month, unless I'm missing something. The "WvW mechanics" everybody is talking about barely even exist. Much due to the flying mounts, but also due to objectives being nowhere close to WvW objectives. Taking over a zone is just a mob moshpit - they're not even trying to hold it. Its more dangerous taking a T0 supply camp in WvW than this. And its probably more loot.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Honestly, I'm not seeing the charm of it. The map itself is good, but the overall meta design... I dont see how its anywhere near the loot farm of dragonfall so I fully expect drizzlewood to be abandoned within the month, unless I'm missing something. The "WvW mechanics" everybody is talking about barely even exist. Much due to the flying mounts, but also due to objectives being nowhere close to WvW objectives. Taking over a zone is just a mob moshpit - they're not even trying to hold it. Its more dangerous taking a T0 supply camp in WvW than this. And its probably more loot.

Loot is much more than just raw gold or mats, the map offer a ton of skins, going from armor to weapons to fun trinkets. There is a big amount of loot gold chests at end too which is i would say as good as dragonfall.

As for the difficulty, ye it is PvE...and i feel a lot of these events were designed with being barren later on, but like i said, they can definitely improve. Enemies are very dangerous and if you try to take a bunch alone, you will quickly die even in meta gear. Try to go solo the north bridge for instance.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Honestly, I'm not seeing the charm of it. The map itself is good, but the overall meta design... I dont see how its anywhere near the loot farm of dragonfall so I fully expect drizzlewood to be abandoned within the month, unless I'm missing something. The "WvW mechanics" everybody is talking about barely even exist. Much due to the flying mounts, but also due to objectives being nowhere close to WvW objectives. Taking over a zone is just a mob moshpit - they're not even trying to hold it. Its more dangerous taking a T0 supply camp in WvW than this. And its probably more loot.

The loot alone will for now keep people in this map. I get more from this than I ever did in silverwastes or dragonfal. :/

@Nebilim.5127 said:As for the difficulty, ye it is PvE...and i feel a lot of these events were designed with being barren later on, but like i said, they can definitely improve. Enemies are very dangerous and if you try to take a bunch alone, you will quickly die even in meta gear. Try to go solo the north bridge for instance.Already been there, the charr tanks just cheap shots you with invisible insta-kill AoE when they suddenly decide to drive over you (when they're not bugging out and doing nothing because they drove too far, lol), but the other elite mobs are fairly trivial to bring down 3-5 at a time.

I'll try my opinion here

Negative aspects:

• The WvW intrusion in a PvE map - this is exactly the nightmare of the WvW-rs. I bet this experiment will be used by ANet to implement more PvE elements in WvW also, as a reciprocal "development" and because this mixture had success (in PvE)
  • Insane grinding level - 5k charr commendation x 4 times - for 4 "reward tracks" rewarding you with .... a mastery point. Also, a strike mission you must do 50 times to complete the achievement and to receive the mastery point(s?). I know, it says 3 MP in total, but until now it seems nobody received the MP from the first and 10-th strike. ETC
  • Another map not with one, but with a lot of useless reward: commendation - useless after completing the 4 tracks / the special mission scrolls after unlocking the 40 missions are useless - I read on the forum that the last fix was to not award karma / even the supplies are near to useless if you don't play on the map anymore. Compare with Volatile / Unbound Magic obtained from LS3 / LS4 map currency.
  • Useless Mastery - We spend MP (6) to be able to access the Provisioning Table and to buy something? Really? And T4 for the other masteries - I never bothered to know the name. According to the description and how this works in Bjora, you expect that a T4 hit to pulverize a Champion. But NO - the powerful T4 barely scratch the blue bar on any enemy with a defiance bar.
  • The strike mission - HM. Not so bad. Quite good. With the exception of the running champions. In the Forging Steel I have nothing against a running enemy. But now we have a clock race - the running Kodan Champion is ridiculous. Look at the animation - it seems his main concern is to run around like a headless chicken. From time to time he stops and attacks? somebody. Also the Blue bar is extremely high. In the other strikes a 10 man team can destroy 2 Bars (on the two Kodans). Here, even with a more powerful T4 skill, 10 man cannot destroy the Blue bar on one Champ.
  • I said something about the grinding? No? OK - this LS is a grind fest. This signals from the very start the intention of the developers to have another one use map in the game. With the difficulty of taking the objectives in small groups (5-6) I wonder how the new players will complete the achievement in one year from now?
  • Not least - BUGS. Some of them blocking progression. And not solved yet.

But enough with the negative aspects. Let's see the positive aspects of this LS episode.

The Saga is one episode closer to its end.

This was my opinion.

Positive:

• Looks nice
  • Push Event
  • Except for Bosses, The Event Is Great

Negative:

• Story: I went from liking certain characters to disliking them. I went from liking the Char to no longer respecting them. Something was off.
  • Event: Bosses are a mess. They need to appear in an order with enough time for people to go to them like dragon stand.
  • Strike is uninspiring
  • New Mastery's are disappointing
  • I haven't played the content to long, but it seems like the unnecessary grind is back at first glance.

Comments:

• Text Bubbles Do Not Work. We had to many issues where they would hide and come back while moving. This should be like subtitles at the bottom of the screen JRPG style.
  • Voice acting is preferred
  • If your story choices do not influence things when you do not like what you are doing, that's problematic. I feel like a tool, which I do not like.

Overall I would say this will be a good release with a few tweaks. Fixing the way bosses are handled alone would make this a meta I would come back to.

Copy and pasted since I don't think they will be merging threads this time

It was a decent episode - the story outclassed the Bjora sequence from the last two episodes (imo)

PROS

• Great map. Very pretty. A bit small, but I'm guessing the north will expand that next episode. I actually regret using my Skyscale because it took away from exploring the map. I've had that feeling for awhile with mounts and I'm going to have to discipline myself a bit more
  • WvW elements were good. Needed more of them I think and maybe even use of the Warclaw
  • Story was longer and meatier.
  • Event rewards seem worthwhile despite the heavy inventory management
  • Side missions seem a decent idea
  • Meta end fight was fun. I had hoped for more from the Warband throughout the Saga, but I look forward to their dialogue being added because that was the only thing really missing from that fight
  • The dialogue seemed strong enough to make me look forward to hearing the VA when it is added
  • Enjoyed the end fight despite being a HP sponge. It was fantastic to see all those icebrood creatures in the backdrop and the boneskinner
  • No mention of Aurene (huge pro)
  • Dialogue choices were a good addition
  • Ryland's VA at the end was a nice touch

CONS

• Visual noise - yeah I'm going to mention this until Anet get a grip on the situation and improve things and not intentionally worsen it for their players
  • Massive fps issue in the sneaky part of the middle instance. Not sure why it went after moving into next room.
  • Map was a bit too Dragonfall in style. Needed something a bit more - I think more reliance on the WvW and siege stuff would help
  • Inventory wars. You took great pleasure in filling our inventory on this one.
  • Cried out for bounties
  • Vendor rewards are lacking
  • 1 point achievements still. Please stop with those. Forever
  • Strike is a mess. Was put straight into fight each time - couldn't gather players, couldn't buff mastery up and if (when) you die, you get put outside of the map border and have 2 seconds to get in or die. Couldn't even leave it. I'd have rather you had stuck to the established Strike formula instead of rerunning the end instance.The parent/sibling relationship between Ryland and Rytlock/Cre feels out of place for what we know about Charr. Seems too forced and out of character.

OTHER

• Why are we here? Jormag is by Bitterfrost as per LS3ep3. I am unaware of any statement saying it moved when we put it to sleep in ep5. Maybe I missed something, but I'm not understanding the reasoning behind the location. As great as the map is, it felt a little jarring to be suddenly leagues away from where we last were. Surely we could moved more seamlessly towards this map?This is one thing that does annoy me - we just seem to plonk down somewhere random. It's one of the few things GW1 got right over GW2 in that the we always moved seamlessly between areas for the story
  • Have yet to use any of the new masteries I've acquired nor have seen any reason to do so
  • Bit confused as to why the enemy have essence of the lost spirits dropping from them at this stage. Drakkar is dead and these aren't (yet) icebrood

The cons are largely minor though (except visual noise - that needs sorting and the Strike mission.). The pros vastly outweigh the cons and overall it was a fun, solid episode that fought back against the horrible constraints of the episodic formula and produced the best episode since the Prologue.

The first in a while I've actually been left wanting to see how it continues on next episode

Going to be short and to the point.Map and Game play are great.

What I am currently having problem with is getting enough mastery points to max out. (1st world problems I know) Yes it should require work but I don't feel this particular set of challenges match up with the others previously added in the game. The content is not hard just very grindy. I know I will eventually get them but it is going to take me a while. Unless I am missing something.