[Poll] Weapon for the next Warrior Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I'd like a 2 hand spear, medium range power melee weapon but of course spear 4 would be a throw at 900 range lol that maybe Imobilize the opponent by rooting them to the ground. Haven't worked out how the warrior gets the spear back yet tho lol

Well I did post a potential E-spec... but yeah a 900-1200 range immob for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

scepter or staff. and pet soldier. the class needs that after they removed the ability to carry our own banners also it needs some more group play stuff. So, scepters, more abilities to buff friends and a pet build to carry the banner for us. F1 skills to be replaced with banner skills. Also it would make things really interesting if we can have a trait to share our stances with our allies.

• 1 month later...

I think they could do without a new weapon at all, and just add new weapon skills to the existing ones alltogether, like if Asian based (as the picture leads me to believe) and Warrior gets to have a Samurai spec, I'd like to see completely new uses for Greatsword/No-Dashi, Sword/Katana-Wakisashi, and etc. And some gap closing shadowstep-like skill while using Iaijutsu XD

@Aveigel.2601 said:I think they could do without a new weapon at all, and just add new weapon skills to the existing ones alltogether, like if Asian based (as the picture leads me to believe) and Warrior gets to have a Samurai spec, I'd like to see completely new uses for Greatsword/No-Dashi, Sword/Katana-Wakisashi, and etc. And some gap closing shadowstep-like skill while using Iaijutsu XD

I'm afraid that idea is to awesome for gw2, instead the new warrior spec will be a dual pistol spec that's gimmicky and zero thematic tie to cantha, not to be a downer.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Aveigel.2601 said:I think they could do without a new weapon at all, and just add new weapon skills to the existing ones alltogether, like if Asian based (as the picture leads me to believe) and Warrior gets to have a Samurai spec, I'd like to see completely new uses for Greatsword/No-Dashi, Sword/Katana-Wakisashi, and etc. And some gap closing shadowstep-like skill while using Iaijutsu XD

I'm afraid that idea is to awesome for gw2, instead the new warrior spec will be a dual pistol spec that's gimmicky and zero thematic tie to cantha, not to be a downer.

Some people would be thoroughly happy with that.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Some people would be thoroughly happy with that.

Yeah I don't doubt that.

I mean i'd be overjoyed when the elite spec with Pistol Pistol is announced, as finally the warrior will have a 1 handed ranged weapon!

Also I have already crafted HOPE ready for the announcement, logically it is the only weapon that would bring something new to warrior that the class cant already do.

@Smoosh.2718 said:I mean i'd be overjoyed when the elite spec with Pistol Pistol is announced, as finally the warrior will have a 1 handed ranged weapon!

Also I have already crafted HOPE ready for the announcement, logically it is the only weapon that would bring something new to warrior that the class cant already do.

Smoosh has so much hope for Pistol/Pistol...

Its because I believe hands down its the only real weapon to provide, then after it can be things like Focus and staff (weapons that wont bring much to the table that the pistol will)

With the raid NPC (Whisper Keeper) and the duel heavy armour dualists in the newest map I'm convinced warrior pistol is happening.

@Smoosh.2718 said:Its because I believe hands down its the only real weapon to provide, then after it can be things like Focus and staff (weapons that wont bring much to the table that the pistol will)

With the raid NPC (Whisper Keeper) and the duel heavy armour dualists in the newest map I'm convinced warrior pistol is happening.

Well there are paragons in Living Story Season 4 with land spears that are thrown so... LAND SPEAR! Seriously please never give warrior a staff and instead give us land spear. I'd take Pistol/Pistol over staff though, I'd love a 1h range weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

Ability to use underwater spears as a main-hand land spear that is RANGED. I wanna throw spears and have a shield (or other off hand weapon).

Auto attack is a mid range (600 range) throw attack that causes bleed on the 3rd hit.No. 2 skill is a javelin throw with long (range of 1500) that immobilizes a target.No. 3 is a chained spear throw (1200 range) that slows a target when struck, when the #3 key is hit again if the skill lands, it pulls the target to the warrior dealing extra damage and adds 1 stack of bleed for 400 units of range the target is pulled (max 3 stacks of bleed)Burst skill is vaulting aggression which is a jump to target (600 range) that hits targeted enemy with big damage and crippling them and dealing moderate damage to up to 5 other surrounding enemies.

I wanna pull my bleeding enemies over the field and bash them with my shield, then swap to my second hand weapon and break their skull with my axe! Is that too much to ask?

@"Smoosh.2718" said:Its because I believe hands down its the only real weapon to provide, then after it can be things like Focus and staff (weapons that wont bring much to the table that the pistol will)

I think staff can also bring as much new for warrior as pistol.Warrior doesn't have a real dedicated support weapon with the exception of offhand warhorn, but no mainhand weapon choice.

Staff can get used for a "commander" type warrior, someone to rally their allies on the battlefield. Warrior is lacking a support elite spec anyway and I envision something like this more with a staff than with pistols.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"Smoosh.2718" said:Its because I believe hands down its the only real weapon to provide, then after it can be things like Focus and staff (weapons that wont bring much to the table that the pistol will)

I think staff can also bring as much new for warrior as pistol.Warrior doesn't have a real dedicated support weapon with the exception of offhand warhorn, but no mainhand weapon choice.

Staff can get used for a "commander" type warrior, someone to rally their allies on the battlefield. Warrior is lacking a support elite spec anyway and I envision something like this more with a staff than with pistols.

No reason a pistol spec can't be support focused, just flavor it with alchemical shells that have effects. I put a spear and a pistol/pistol spec in the warrior forums that are more or less the same as each other, just with different weapon bars and different utilities (one is called Commander the other Taichou). Fun fact: no heavy armor class has pistols, but 2/3 of them have staff :wink:

Now do you see Guardian using Pistols? Or Rev?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No reason a pistol spec can't be support focused, just flavor it with alchemical shells that have effects. I put a spear and a pistol/pistol spec in the warrior forums that are more or less the same as each other, just with different weapon bars and different utilities (one is called Commander the other Taichou). Fun fact: no heavy armor class has pistols, but 2/3 of them have staff :wink:

Now do you see Guardian using Pistols? Or Rev?

Sure, warrior could get pistols for their next support focused elite spec, but this wouldn't really give him what he is looking for, don't you think?

He said that he wants warrior to get a single hand ranged weapon. Not sure if he is really happy if that weapon turns out to be support focused and therefore have majorly restricted damage (like druid staff, for example).

I can see warrior using pistols, I just personally would prefer a staff for the support thematic.Don't really agree with the alchemical shells, tho.That is kinda already stealing thematics from engineer again.If a warrior uses a pistol to support their allies, then in my opinion they should use them to motivate their allies (like the npcs which got mentioned, which are granting might to allies around), using warning shots, signal shots and such.

Alchemy is a primary engineer thematic, which I also personally think they should enhance with the next elite spec, since we already got a mechanical and scifi stuff with our specs covered. Chemical warfare is a thematic that needs to get improved on engineer.

@Kodama.6453 said:He said that he wants warrior to get a single hand ranged weapon. Not sure if he is really happy if that weapon turns out to be support focused and therefore have majorly restricted damage (like druid staff, for example).

Given Arenanet's penchant for making heavy armour professions' ranged weapons bad (except maybe Warrior Longbow, but that one is only really useful for condi berserkers)), Warrior pistol would be low on damage anyway, whether it's supportive or not.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Or land spear. Totally calling land spear.

Pistol/Pistol would be sexy af though.

But I already called it! Its Pistol Pistol!Spear would have come with PoF but it didnt.

Nonsense. It could totally happen. DSD is up next and we'll probably have a large amount of underwater combat, and keeping the same weapon going from water to land would make sense thematically. That and Spears are certainly thematic for the region we'll be going to. I'd be happy either way though. So long as it isn't Staff or Scepter... I'd stomach Shortbow though.