Please Make Magnetic Wave Have An Animation Similar to Magnetic Aura

Enduronex.4865

As it is now, the Magnetic Wave does not have a visible animation projecting from the elementalist player when it is in effect, causing ranged enemy players in PvP to not notice that it is in effect - meaning rangers, thiefs, warriors, etc sometimes (hilariously) shoot themselves because they don't notice :). However, I see problematic implications of this in PvP and especially in wvw (are you really going to read all of a player's bonus boxes on their bar when fighting them in WvW) and would like to see an animation put in place for its duration.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:good! Also put a marker wherever a stealthed player is, because of the problematic implications if you can't see them. . .

Yeah and people are discussing that separately but this is a legitimate issue - when you should see an animation for a skill on a visible player - it's actually not crazy to ask for this. This is what balancing competitive game modes is. Magnetic aura changes how someone uses their skills around you if they know it is in effect, and Magnetic Wave is basically Magnetic Aura so the same should apply here.

Magnetic Aura != Magnetic WaveThey're different skills. Magnetic Wave actually does have an animation it's just fairly instant. If they kept it functionally the same but changed it to grant Magnetic Aura I wouldn't mind. Changing it entirely is a no go though. It's a strong condi cleanse, one of a precious few ele has on a weapon.

@CETheLucid.3964 said:Magnetic Aura != Magnetic WaveThey're different skills. Magnetic Wave actually does have an animation it's just fairly instant. If they kept it functionally the same but changed it to grant Magnetic Aura I wouldn't mind. Changing it entirely is a no go though. It's a strong condi cleanse, one of a precious few ele has on a weapon.

I'm with ya. Granting magnetic aura is fine. But it'll still have to cleanse 3 condi otherwise it's a nerf.

Don't forget, magnetic wave is also a blast

@CETheLucid.3964 said:Magnetic Aura != Magnetic WaveThey're different skills. Magnetic Wave actually does have an animation it's just fairly instant. If they kept it functionally the same but changed it to grant Magnetic Aura I wouldn't mind. Changing it entirely is a no go though. It's a strong condi cleanse, one of a precious few ele has on a weapon.

You're not reading what I said, dude. It does not have an animation for the DURATION of its effect. I'm not talking about the insta-cast animation (which is already hard to see anyway). The duration of its effect. Stop defending this - it gives more information about what effects a player has so that foes can respond accordingly. It's only balance-oriented and it doesn't even change any stats. This is not going to be a problem to implement AT ALL. So unless you have germane concerns, please don't comment like that.

@Megametzler.5729 said:Shouldn't be an aura (for reasons already mentioned), but should have some kind of animation.

Might miss some bad players still lich-ing into it, but it would be fair.

On the other hand, many other changes would be fair as well, so I consider this a minor issue.

Yeah I'm not saying to make it an aura (because the Aura sharing to allies trait in Water trait line). I'm just saying it should have an Magnetic Aura like animation so a ranged attacker has the information needed to know whether or not to continue attacking. Sure, I'm somewhat partial to this because of Light Strike_Storm, but then again, that's not a bad thing if it's really just asking for an animation to more clearly depict the effect of Magnetic Wave.

Maybe a spin like animations like scraper hammer Electro-whirl but still no channel. That being said there a lot of effects that do not show up in animation at all that realty should show up like Endure Pain and realty all Stance. This is mostly a non ele problem over all but is a massive problem for other classes the one thing ele dose not lack is it animation of its effects.

@memausz.7264 said:

You're not reading what I said, dude.

How would I know what you're on about if I didn't read what you wrote? You're not making sense. I'm not even opposed to what you're asking for. Maybe you need to re-read what I wrote?

[edit] Reread my sentence through.

Giving Magnetic Wave a visual effect would be perfectly fair in my opinion; just mirror the effect of Magnetic Aura or make it just give Magnetic Aura instead of the unique reflect- this would probably mean it needs its clears reduced in PvP to 1-2 instead of 3 but it would allow for more support with specializations such as Tempest.